FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly 2012 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 162163164165>
Author
kwaka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 10:30pm
Good luck TTL. Hope it all goes well
Sponsored Links

drvic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2012 at 8:03pm
Thinking about you TTL.
Hope it's all gone well and you have your beautiful baby in your arms.
Looking forward to an update...

notenufchaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notenufchaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 1:00pm
oh good luck ttl

DD 1-25/05/2008

DD 2-2/2/2010
HelloYellow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelloYellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 9:34am
Just popped in here and have read that TTL should have a wee bundle of joy by now.
Hope you are doing well. :)
Once you have settled with you new one and are ready to join in conversation with other mums, all of us Ohbaby July babies Mums were wondering if you would like to join our facebook group. We would love to have you!
Also anyone else thats not on the facebook group but would like to add me, then i can add you to the group. (We all seem to find it waaay easier on fb and forget about this forum)
Amy Peterson (Sloan) - From Palmy Nth (to help with searching) or via my email addy : you_go_girl_108@hotmail.com

third time lucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote third time lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2012 at 4:12pm
Hey Folks!  Evie Rose was born by section on 11 Oct.  She is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, we are utterly in love!  Waitakere was very full and we were chucked out the next day and sent to birthcare which was great, but DP had to drive us there, which was pretty horrible so soon (and so drugged!).  Birthcare is wonderful though, and we were lucky DHB picked up the tab Big smile

Evie was 8 pd (3630g) and surgeon said when he saw her head in my pelvis, he thought we'd made a good call not to try for a natural birth.  The section itself was very good, although surreal and so on, like being more than a fly on the wall in a real surgery.  She has a full head of hair and is really gorgeous, loves the shower and bare bum time, is practicing sleeping at night but not great at it yet.  

The recovery is going slowly.  Have huge amount of milk and hit and miss success rate with latching well which led to all the usual bruising/bleeding in the first few days.  I'll get better at that, but sheesh does it hurt when it isn't right!!!!!!  Very tired and pretty stiff and sore but very happy!  Will try to get a pic here shortly.   Thanks for thinking of me throughout, it's been a really big help Smile

December 2011
LateStarterLorna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2012 at 9:30pm
Big Congratulations TTL, beautiful name, glad all is going well except the sore nips bit, I still have sore nips(thrush)and Sams 3 1/2 months lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote third time lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2012 at 9:35pm
Hey Lorna, thanks! :-)  It's funny, but in the end our babies aren't that far apart are they.  Sore nips is right, sheesh.  I think she has more suction than our vacuum cleaner.  Have you got to the light at the end of the tunnel as far as getting feeding settled, and more of a routine, especially at night?  I take heart that I've done this before and it gets easier little by little, but man some days I'm so exhausted and some of the nights go forever.  On that note, it's bedtime for me.  Great to hear from you, how are you going other than the nips?

:-)  

December 2011

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 9:17am
I agree thats it is a little easier most of the time but yep can be exhausting too, last friday was awful, Alex had a stomach bug and Sam was really grizzly and I cried lots, I was saved by 2 friends that did shopping for me :) Not much of a routine here except bedtime always seem to happen around 7pm for both kids which is great but Sam is very random on his first wake up and 12.30am make for an unhappy mummy but we will get there, most of the time he goes back to sleep easily :) Day sleeps are usually only one sleep cycle but with daycare drop/pick up shopping etc theres not much chance of longer but he does sleep in the car and capsule and Alex was exactly the same, so I try not to stress.

Totally my own fault but my bedtime has become later and that doesnt help with night feeds, so I really need to work on that lol Tomorrow I shall no longer have 2 under 2 :)

jadew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 9:25am
Congrats TTL and welcome to little Evie. Glad everything is going ok so far. The newborn stage initially seems to last forever but then suddenly they're out of it and you wonder where the time has gone!

Lorna- we're on 1 sleep cycle naps here too, but my little one HATES the capsule and basically screams in it everytime so no chance of her sleeping in the car. Hope your little girl has a happy 2nd birthday :)

<a
koromiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koromiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2012 at 9:05am
Congratulations Third Time Lucky! Lucky indeed. What a cute name :) So exciting to still be getting baby news on here!

I have been thinking about how it is almost a year since I found out I was pregnant. What an amazing year it has been... I still can't believe it sometimes. Our little sweetpea is so smiley and wriggly. Yesterday the monitor went off to say there was no movement in the cot. We have the sensor pad near to the end where we put her. Anyway I rushed in and found her down towards the other end and lying across the cot instead of lengthwise, giving me a big grin! She is only wearing her pavlik harness at night now, but for the first half of the day it's like she is wearing an invisible one.

I have also been thinking about the other people who used to post on this page... I tried searching for Emilzz, Deb and Jessm. I hope that their journey has brought them/will bring them happiness.

Also wondering what has happened to the people who stopped updating and we don't know if they are out there somewhere with cute little babies but don't have the time to post in forums!!

Anyway, K is down for her first nap of the day, I should have a shower and get organised.
koromiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koromiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2012 at 9:26am

29th May - Angey Baby - Cody Roy ♂ - 5lb 5oz

2nd June - drvic - Max Lorenzo ♂ - 5lb 6oz and Leo Richard ♂ - 5lb 11oz

16th June - Pugglesworth - Brooklyn ♀ - 2.6kg

21st June - Stubbsie - Oliver ♂ - 6lb 15oz

3rd July - twotravelbugs - Katrina Erin ♀ - 3.62kg

5th July - LateStarterLorna - Boy ♂ - 9lb 14oz

5th July - Jelle - Dominic James ♂ - 8lb 10oz

5th July - baby mama - Lucia Rose ♂ - 3.6kg

11th July - mia_mum of 2 - Jaxon Tipene ♂ - 3.92kg

11th July - MrsJMcD - Hugo ♂ - 3.9kg

12th July - jadew - Xanthe Briana ♀ - 2.99kg

13th July - koromiko - Kezia ♀ - 3.9kg

14th July - jellyjam - Leo Adam ♂ - 3.49kg

14th July - Michelle_G - Kirsten ♀ - 3kg

15th July - Littlebig - Soren Alexander ♂ - 8lb 2oz

15th July - nichel - Kyla Mae ♀

16th July - kernowexile - Madeleine ♀ - 2.7kg

16th July - maisey - Alice ♀ - 8lb 13oz

16th July - Oscar09 - Jackson Joel ♂ - 8lb 2oz

17th July Booboobelle - Elijah James ♂ - 8lb 10oz

18th July – islandgirl - Tarn Zarek ♂ - 8lb 3oz

20th July - Mrs Hubbard - Stella Adele ♀ - 9lb 2oz

21st July – k8harris - Lucy Isabel ♀ - 8lbs 6oz

22nd July - tfd - Eadon Thomas ♂ - 3,2kg

23rd July - notenufchaos - Erin Jane ♀ - 6lb 9oz

26th July - Bali-Belle - Eva Grace ♀ - 7.7 pounds (3.5kg)

30th July – BecksT84 - Ada Grace ♀ – 8lb pounds 13oz (3.5kg)

3rd August - CrazeegnaBeaMum - Elise Ruby ♀ - 7lb 8oz

4th August - spotty - Benjamin Ross ♂ – 8lb

11 October - Third Time Lucky - Evie Rose ♀ - 8lb (3630g)

Total Babies

24 :)

12 Boys

12 Girls

30th June - Tracief82 #2

30th June - Baby makes three #1 - Finding out!

1st - Starzie #2

1st - Guest_45259 #1

1st - Guest_65031 #? - Girl ♀

4th - autz87 #1

4th - Mini horse #1 - Girl ♀

4th - Guest_70240

5th - CharlotteCamelia #2 - Boy ♂

5th - Booski (Suzy) #3 - It's a surprise!

5th - Angel4 #3

5th/6th - Hails1 #1

7th - Sally #2

7th - SharonG #2

8th - emu #2

9th - Saraha #1

10th - hopeful69 #3

11th - Noriyo #2

13th - Kate T #1 - Finding out!

16th - lsttcdiver #1 - It's a surprise!

17th - Bexx #1

17th - Guest_68308 #1

18th - Rovic #2

18th - nichel #?

18th - SeasideMama #2 - Boy ♂

21st - bubblez5505 #1

21st - Amesz #2

22nd - Liams Mummy #2

23rd - geeky #1

23rd - MAMA-T #1 - Boy ♂

25th - Candkids #3 - Boy ♂

26th - Guest_69256 #4

26th - fullhouse2012 #3

27th - Cupc@ke #1

27th - happy mum to be #1 - Girl ♀

27th - michela #2 - Finding out!

28th - MrsGee #1

29th - Marie # #1 - Girl ♀

Total Babies

67 :)

12 Boys

11 Girls

Angel Babies

jessm

Emilzz

thirdtimelucky

Deb

I hope I managed to do this right. I deleted people from the second list so we could see who wasn't in the first list... I know some of them have updated on facebook so I will check if they are ok to have the details in here then I can come and edit this when I have time!!

Edited by koromiko - 22 October 2012 at 7:14pm
koromiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koromiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2012 at 9:27am
Ok, how do I make the graphics work? Jellyjam?

Gah... I'll try again later. Have to do some tidying now because we have visitors in a couple of hours!

Edited by koromiko - 21 October 2012 at 9:32am
drvic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2012 at 8:19pm
TTL - big congratulations to you and your lovely family.
She was born on my birthday.
Glad to hear you're in love with her. A much wanted beautiful baby girl for you.
Can't wait to see photos.
Really hoping you join our OHbaby FB forum. It's a wonderfully supportive group.
Max & Leo are chubby wee critters. Not identical and very different temperaments. Max is really cruisy, Leo loves his cuddles. Leo is rolling and Max nearly there. It all goes WAY too quickly for me.
Big hugs.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote third time lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2012 at 1:32pm
Hi Folks, totally missed the post inviting me into your FB group, thank you, I would love to join!  Will add Crazee as a friend now :-)

I'll put a pic on FB since I don't know what I'm doing here (still).  Thanks so much for all you lovely welcomes to Evie, and support generally this year and last.  It's really meant a lot.

Baby is asleep, so I will go and relax.  DP has stripped all the beds down today (milk all over the place and DS wet his) so I guess it's the couch for me, ah well, that's where the mysky is heh heh

See you in FB!  

TTL

December 2011
Pugglesworth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pugglesworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 9:01am
Hi - glad to hear everyones babies are still doing well. We are doing great and really enjoying our baby. She looks so grown up now and is starting to get a little personality.

We are trying to wean Brooklyn out of her sleep sack at the moment. Took one arm out last week and took the other arm out last night (icy hands when she wakes up but her body and head are still warm enough and the room is warm too). She still sleeps about the same length of time (8-10 hours for her first time sleep), but it takes her much longer to get to sleep (and half the time involves me holding her arm down so she stops hitting herself in the face while settling), and she seems to stir a lot more as her arms waive occasionally and wake her up (luckily she can usually fall back to sleep though). Anyway, I much prefer her sleeping and settling in her wrap but she has started to roll, is over 4 months old (I've read this is a good time to stop), and we are coming into summer warmth, so I think it's best she stops using it now. Anyone else had problems or any good ideas weaning out of sleep sack/wrap with waving arms?

Also, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for sleeping bags as the baby shops don't seem to have a good selection and there are a lot to choose from online, but you don't get to see them first. She tends to edge out from under her blanket most of the time so I thinks she's going to be one of those babies who need a sleeping bag to keep warm. I saw a good review of merino kids go go bag but it is very expensive (happy to spend the money if others think it's worth it though).

Look forward to some tips

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 11:50am
I won a merino one from the oh baby of the day comp, so thats been awesome, esp winter but as summers coming, id just get a cotton cheaper one as you can just put more clothes on the baby if its a chilly night and then look at trade me for a merino one :) Alex was a wriggler and has only just started using a blanket at 2 :)

Pugglesworth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pugglesworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 7:01pm
Cool thanks.

Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2012 at 8:22am
yusss i can log in again!

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
5 little angles watching from above
mum2jaxon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2jaxon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2012 at 2:01pm
hi there my son was born on July 20th 2012 5 pound 12 thought i would enter the forum :)
KirsMich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KirsMich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2012 at 6:18pm
Hi mum2jaxon

congrats & welcome

are you on facebook? most of the ladies are in groups on there, its alot easier to keep track of etc. if so pm me your details and I'll add you.
[URL=http://lilypie.com][IMG]http://lb1m.lilypie.com/tmEMp12.png][/URL]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 162163164165>