FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly 2012 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 165>
Author
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2011 at 12:06pm
They probably are getting bigger. They usually do during pregnancy. Even early on. I think mine have grown a bit too. lol. I've been feeling really bloated too and my stomach is sticking out heaps under my belly button.

I've told a friend of mine and Looey85 is my cousin, so obviously she knows. Hehe. We haven't told anyone else though (apart from some of the ladies i talk to on here, lol). We'll probably wait till after the 12 week scan to tell our families/friends. Have to see if i can hide it for that long though!

Not feeling tooo bad today. Still so tired though. Early night for me tonight i think! Might have to have a nap today too.

Edited by _Deb_
Sponsored Links

_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 12:34pm
Wow it's deserted in here. Hopefully some more people will join us soon.
Hails1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hails1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 4:54pm
Aghh thank god today is over! Work was crazy busy and I tried really hard to stay in my 'stress free baby bubble' I work in a children's hospital so it can be difficult to do that!

I have a question and Deb your probably best equipped to help me I phoned my doctor on Friday when I got my BFP to see if I needed a blood test to confirm. The ladies at the doctors office said they don't usually do blood tests as the urine tests are very accurate these days. So now I'm kind of like what next? Do I book an appointment at the Doctor or look directly for a midwife? And at what stage do I look for a midwife?

20 questions I know Any help would be great!
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 5:24pm
Yep you can go straight to a MW. It's probably a good idea to start looking now as the the good ones get booked up fast. It's also a good idea to get some recommendations then ring a few to see who you like. You could arrange to meet them too if you want to see who you click with in person. Do you know anyone that you could ask who a good MW is? Otherwise there is a thread about MW's in the pregnancy section on here. Or google might bring something up.
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 5:25pm
Here is the thread i mentioned.
Hails1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hails1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 6:00pm
Awesome thanks! I have been going to acupuncture for a while with a women who is also a midwife so maybe she'll have some recommendations! I'll check out the thread as well.

How are you feeling today? I was very tired last night and was out to it by 10 which is unusual for me! Boobs are still heavy and sore and I've had light cramps on and off throughout the afternoon.
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 6:14pm
I'm not feeling tooo bad today. So tired though, so i'll try to have an early night. Been getting quite a few cramps today. Still got the sore boobs and heartburn. lol.
mini horse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 7:18pm

Made an appt with a MW today  Did a bit of searching (and got a recommendation from Lisa on here) and she sounds very popular. Only thing is, I can't see her until next Wednesday. I really want to go with someone from her practice as it's just round the corner and my GP said they were all great. Just wondering, do you think it's rude to meet with other MW's from the same place??? I'm worried that if for some reason we don't 'click' I will have missed out on finding someone that I really like.

saraha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saraha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 7:36pm
Hi
I have just discovered a BFP over the weekend. Been to the dr tonight and got another - very excited first timers! Guess the hunt for the midwife begins - I didn't realise there was such a rush!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 8:40pm

Congratulations saraha! What part of the country are you in? I've just heard that in ChCh, MW's get booked up early so thought I'd better get onto it! Not sure what the rest of NZ is like??

Do you have an EDD?

Hails1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hails1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 9:11pm
Congrats Saraha As a fellow first timer I'm finding this site really useful!

Thanks Deb for the thread I've found a few MW that I'll look into
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 9:26pm
*yawn* I'm off to bed in a minute. I wanted to finish watching Shaun of the Dead 'cause it cracks me up, but i'm too tired.

I've found a MW that i want. I'll give her a call tomorrow. A few people have recommended her and she has really good reviews online. I hope she can take me on.

I'm glad you found the thread useful Hails.

Welcome and congrats Sarah.

mini horse i don't think that's rude. I'm sure most MW's would understand that people want to find someone they're comfortable with.
saraha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saraha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2011 at 8:04am
I'm in chch, and EDD is 9th July. Don't really know anyone down here who has recently had a baby, so any advice is very useful. My hubby keeps on talking about his RWC baby - has started calling it beaver!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2011 at 8:24am

Thanks Deb, might give one of the other MW's a call today and set up a meeting

I know what you mean about being tired...I haven't really noticed it too much yet but I'm working from home today so thought I'd stay up a bit later and watch TV last night...didn't happen! Could hardly keep my eyes open past 10pm which isn't like me!

saraha my hubby and I are first timers in ChCh too!

_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2011 at 9:30am
Well i gave her a call. She sounds really nice. She doesn't have an appointment till the 18th but that's ok. With my other two i didn't see my MW till later than that.

I had to be induced with my other two because my labour didn't progress after my waters broke. So hopefully i'll go into labour properly this time 'cause that MW only births at the birth centres not the hospital. So if i have to be induced again i'm guessing it would just be the hospital MW's i'd end up with. The MW still booked me in and said we can try to get me my natural birth. So fingers crossed!
koromiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koromiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2011 at 10:19am
I'm really nervous about finding a midwife. I've been recommended some but they are all way across town. Anyone have recommendations for the south/eastern suburbs of Wellington? I don't know how much of a hassle it will be travelling across town. How often do you usually go?
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2011 at 10:42am
I was going to explain things but here is some good info.

Info
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2011 at 10:43am
It's for that place but it's mostly general information. Like about visits, blood tests etc.
STARZIE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STARZIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2011 at 3:46pm
Ooooo I caught up.....

Anyway im due July 1st so i get to be with you girls!!!!!!

Think i'm feeling the signs really early this time as im exhusted, my boobs are HUGE and i have nausea and dizziness in the evenings.

This will be my second kid....Have a awesome 19 month old boy....guess i better stop calling him a baby now :)
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2011 at 4:09pm
Congrats Starzie and welcome to our thread. I still say my daughter is my baby and she's 2 in a few weeks.

Oh yes that's one thing i hadn't mentioned, the dizziness. That's another thing that started from conception. It's quite bad sometimes, especially when i stand up. So annoying.

I keep meaning to start a list of our names and due dates. Buuut i just haven't gotten around to it yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 165>