FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 2012 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9899100101102>
Author
Bells&Gem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bells&Gem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2012 at 1:47pm
Hey ladies. Just thought i'd pop in and say hi and see how you all were doing.

I had my last hospital visit on wednesday so that closes the chapter on that part of our life. and what a road it's been. we found out our it was a HE just wanted we wanted but was just not meant to be. this whole experience has made my partner and I a much stronger couple and we can talk about anything hey I guess spending an entire day in a hospital room with not a lot to do will to that to you haha.

COngrats all and enjoy the last few months of your pregnancies
Sponsored Links

Bky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 5:02pm
Nice to see you around.
7/2010, 10/2012 and 1/2015

third time lucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote third time lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2012 at 10:19pm
Bells, I hadn't picked up that you were having worries with your preg, so sorry to hear that it didn't go to plan, and for your loss. I hope you'll stay in touch in here or on the FB page. Will be thinking about you x

December 2011
HollyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 12:54pm
Just booked a whooping cough vaccination - apparently if you have it done now then it protects the baby as well for the first six weeks before they are old enough for their first vaccinations.

Bky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 3:33pm
Here (Christchurch) we can get a free one between 33-36 weeks so I'm doing mine then.

Rach29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rach29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 9:27pm
Hi ladies,

I'm a bit of a late joiner, been on the Huggies website til now, but realised how great OhBaby is (actually a kiwi website and women).

So I'm Rach, almost 30 (in two weeks time!), married hubby earlier this year, and then we were lucky enough (and excited!) to find out we're expecting our first bub! We live and work in Oamaru.

Am just over 25 weeks, due October 27th, and finding the second trimester much more enjoyable than the first! Got an ob appointment tomorrow, to talk about any risks / ramifications of having had a LLETZ procedure late last year, and need a second scan at 28 weeks to see if my placenta is still low lying or has moved. But otherwise pretty normal pregnancy.

Looking forward to sharing the rest of the journey with you all. How do I join the facebook group?

Rach :)
Wombles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wombles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 9:58am
Welcome Rach29, if you add me as a friend http://www.facebook.com/#!/leonie.degarnham I should be able to add you to the facebook group.

Glad your preg is progressing well.

HollyP, I'm thinking about getting the whooping cough booster too, my DH got it last week. He had a dead arm for almost a week after he got it.
1# Daughter - Oct 12
2# Due - May 15
third time lucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote third time lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2012 at 8:36pm
Hey all, welcome Rach :-)

I didn't think you could have the whooping cough vax until 30 weeks? Can't think where I read that. Will have to check..

Rach, what's LLETZ?

December 2011
HollyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 2:25pm
got doctor to check and they said anytime after 20 weeks is okay for Whooping Cough. You have to have tetenus and some other one at the same time, so yes it does give you a dead arm for a few days.

Hello Rach29 - my DH is from Oamaru (he grew up in Enfield)

LandG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LandG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 9:37am

Hi Rach29,

I am from Ashburton so not to far away!  I also got married early this year but a bit older (33), and I am due 18 Oct so similar situations! 

Glad to hear things are progressing well and hope the OB appointment went well!

Louise

HollyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2012 at 9:46am
Got my ceasar date 26th September, 8 weeks today !

Hannah e stead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hannah e stead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2012 at 7:26am
I'm due on 18th Oct. I'm new to this, I'm 25 and going to be a new mum so very exciting and scary. I'm having baby at waitakere, we have a hospital tour this wk so quite excited about that. We still can't agree on names, i really hope I can think of something before baby comes. Has everyone picked out there names? Xx

Edited by Hannah e stead
LandG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LandG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2012 at 6:38pm

Hi Hannah,

I am due 18th October aswell, its such an exciting time!  Having a name is so hard, we still havent really decided.  Do you know what you are having? 

Are you on facebook?  That is where most of us are these days!

Louise x

KatieD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2012 at 6:48pm
Not long to go now - 7 weeks :-)
My 6 year old has expressed a huge desire to be there at the birth, despite having all the facts laid out, she is quite adamant she wants to see her brother born. She has also acknowledged she can change her mind at any point and that would be ok too. My gut feeling is that she will handle this quite well.

My 8 year old has no desires whatsoever to be there and would rather wait at grandma's house. My feeling here is that she has made the right decision for her.

My mother and hubby to some degree, are not agreeable that the youngest should be there. I am of the opinion however that it is her wish which we can accommodate, and we are able to do all we can to ensure she is supported whilst with us at the delivery room.

Blimey, if I suddenly dropped at home with no chances of getting to a hospital, I won't be telling them to go wait in their rooms - they would be at my side if that is what they wanted....

What are your thoughts?
Bky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2012 at 7:20pm
I was at both of my siblings home births when I was 7 and 9 years old respectively. It was interesting, but I remember the whole labour period being really really boring. Only the end bit was interesting. I kept trying to sneak into my mums room and getting chased out because nothing was going on (other than labour). Probably as my parents hadn't bothered to arrange anyone to watch or entertain me, and the second time I was attending my not quite 2 year old brother.
So, things to do! But otherwise I think it's quite a reasonable thing if she wants to be there.

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2012 at 8:05pm
"Luker" I was in this group originally but lost that baby at 11 weeks preg,...am now 11 weeks 1 day preg again and all looking good this time- due March.
We plan to have a homebirth and to have our 6yr old there because she wants too. Shes already been asking loads of questions and we have showed her a few pics about what babies look like when they are born,...where they come out etc.
When she was 3.3 years we planned a homebirth for #2 and had my dad oncall as DD's support person to take her to him place if at anytime she was finding it all too much or I was finding it too much having her there. Mum and DH where with us too,...and when she got too much for me, wanting to get into the bath with me while I was trying to concentrate on the labour- Dad came and took her and she went to his place and had a bath to be like Mum, lol. She came back about 1/2hr after DS was born.
I would say just allocate someone as her support person that can talk with her about whats happening and take her into another room or out of the house etc if needed.
I had a friend look up "nice" birth videos and pics on youtube which we showed DD to prepare her, and we practised "birth noises" and positons, so she knew what would be happeneing.
KatieD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2012 at 9:10pm
Hey Kellz I remember you :o) Fantastic news on the progress of this pregnancy. That's one of the milestones out the way for you, the 11 week mark ;-)

I had a look at some youtube videos myself tonight - bad move LOL. Brought it all back!!! I will persevere and find some nicer ones!

So far the agreement is, that if it happens during the day time then she can come, but I won't be waking her up to go to the hozzie and she is cool with that. Unable to have a homebirth sadly....

I was thinking about making them both up some goodie bags with snacks, drinks, a new mp3 player, magazines and puzzle books. If she does end up coming, then the other daughter will have to come too and wait in the family room, seeing as we have just one available babysitter! Guess we'll see how things pan out.
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2012 at 8:10am
Goodie /snack bags are a good idea- espceially with a little juice or water bottle etc, and have them in your hospital bag so that snack and activities are all ready for them and u dont have to worry about it in labour!

I pack a hospital bag even tho planning homebirth, cos then everything I want for labour is all in the opne place, and if we do have to go to hospital then we dont have to try pack then,....we had to go to hospital last time as when the waters broke there was muconium,...and we had the hopsital bag I had packed,...but forgot the camera!
Bky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2012 at 12:16pm
Glad to see you at 11+ week Kellz!

I think your plan sounds good KatieD.

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2012 at 4:32pm
Thanks Bky
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9899100101102>