FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNovember 2012 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 22>
Author
PipDais View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PipDais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 11:40am
My first post in November Babies thread!

I am due with my second on 6th November! Has anyone registered with a midwife yet?

Congratulations November Mummies!
Sponsored Links

P&E'S Mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&E'S Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 11:46am
Hi!!!
Congrats on your second! How old is your first child?

I haven't rung a MW yet, will give it about another week and then pencil it in I think. Really hoping she will allow me a early scan.

P&E'S Mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&E'S Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 11:47am

EDD 5th
Gossamer baby #3

EDD 6th
blessed_mama baby #2
UK2NZMummy baby #2
chills baby #3

EDD 8th
PeytonsMum baby #2
HaleyJJ baby #1

EDD 9th
Spirals baby #3

Edited by PeytonsMum

PipDais View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PipDais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 12:05pm
My DD will be 1 in less than a month!!! I still can't believe I've been a Mummy for a year!

I've been told that the Wellington Midwives get booked up so quickly that I'm going to call this afternoon or tomorrow. There's one that has been recommended loads of the thread on here so I'll try her first. I think I'm classed as high risk (diabetes type 1) and I had a c-section last time - someone told me that some midwives refuse previous c-section patients. It just seems very early to me to call. Back in the UK you see your doctor first (at 8 weeks!) then your midwife at about 12 weeks after your scan, then again at 16, 20, 32 and 36 weeks. The midwife in the UK is the one based in the doctor's surgery who listens to the heartbeat and does your blood pressure (but literally nothing else!) and then you get whoever is working in the hospital on the day you turn up to deliver!

A definite learning experience for me!!!!
P&E'S Mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&E'S Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 12:26pm
Wow, that's a nice close age gap!

I have also heard that MW's refuse c-section patients. I also had one first time around due to a terrible labour (first timers, stop reading! ) and am hoping for an elective this time. Someone told me not to tell them straight away. Then they will have you on their books, and can't really refuse you after they have already accepted you. I think the reasoning is probably that they don't receive the complete "fee" if the birth end in a c-section.

I think anywhere in the country the good MW's get booked up very early, so it does pay to get in asap.

So obviously you had your first in the UK? Wow, it sure is going to be different this time around!

PipDais View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PipDais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 1:40pm
I know...it's really scary! The whole thing so far has been a learning experience. We don't know anyone here yet either so a support network is non-existent. We suspect that we'll have to pay for a flight for my Mum to come and babysit when I go in. Chances are that I'll be having the baby in October (38 weeks). This baby is already proving VERY expensive!
In an ideal world I'd like to have an elective as they'll induce at 38 or 39 weeks and I have a theory that inductions don't work if the baby isn't ready to make an appearance...this was my problem last time. THREE DAYS of induction - 1 pessary, stretch and sweep, 2nd pessary, drip and then a section! Not a nice experience and not one that I want to go through again...especially not when I'm so far from people that can help out when we come home.
P&E'S Mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&E'S Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 1:45pm
haha, it sounds about the same as mine.. but I wont scare any first timers! Is the induction at 38 weeks due to the diabetes?
I think with the electives, they are about a week early in NZ. Will be interesting, I may just slip into October actually, my daughter came a week early, so am not sure what they will do in my situation.

I think you will find this forum to be an amazing support network (though obviously not as good as the IRL kind.) My Nov 2010 forum is amazing, and still going strong. I have met a heap of lovely people there, and hope to have the same in here too.

HaleyJJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaleyJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 2:27pm
Hey Girls,

Peytonsmum - You are my due date buddy!! Thats if they both arrive at the time, Ive heard generally if your having a normal birth that the first one is usually late. Im so exicted, our first baby!! As you have done this before, When is it to early to see a midwife? I have doc appointment monday and then i was going to get straight onto finding a midwife. Ekkkkk im so excited!! Feeling so knackered today though, pulled a sligh sicky and am working from home as just so tired, also feel slighly queasy and have a really sore back for some reason - That may not be related but who knows :)
P&E'S Mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&E'S Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 2:41pm
HaleyJJ, I think if you see your doctor first, then maybe start looking for a MW after that. Some MW's wont see you until about 9 weeks or so I think (unfortunately due to the high m/c rate) but it wont hurt to get in contact with one and get on their books. If you leave it too late, you can miss out on the good ones. Though in saying that, you would hope there are no "bad" midwifes. lol

I think a high percentage of first births go overdue, I was an exception, but I think they got my dates slightly out. My EDD was 18th November, I had thought approx the 15th, so I was closer than they were!

HaleyJJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaleyJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 2:49pm
Thanks Peytonsmum - its all abit new doing this for the first time, its ncie to have a little bit of advice from people who have done it all before. Wow so you first one was born in November? So you'll have 2 novemember babies? how exciting!! So have you seen a doctor yet? Im 4 weeks today, so you must be as well? I think novemeber is a great time to have a wee baby, especially with it being christmas & such a family time of year. Its nice to be able to express yourself on these forums, Obviosuly to early for me to be telling people..but sometimes the excitment is all abit to much so nice to be able to express it! Hahaha. x
PipDais View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PipDais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by PeytonsMum PeytonsMum wrote:

haha, it sounds about the same as mine.. but I wont scare any first timers! Is the induction at 38 weeks due to the diabetes?
I think with the electives, they are about a week early in NZ. Will be interesting, I may just slip into October actually, my daughter came a week early, so am not sure what they will do in my situation.

I think you will find this forum to be an amazing support network (though obviously not as good as the IRL kind.) My Nov 2010 forum is amazing, and still going strong. I have met a heap of lovely people there, and hope to have the same in here too.

I'm not sure about NZ yet but certainly at home the diabetes means that you get extra monitoring towards the end to check on the growth of bubba. I had scans at 32, 34 and 36 weeks - all were fine. They like to induce diabetics as there is a higher risk of still birth so they don't normally go over 39 weeks. I was meant to be induced at 39 weeks but got pre-eclampsia so it was brought forward a week - another thing that is a higher risk with diabetes. It's a bu*ger really but one of those things that we learn to live with and if you take care of yourself during pregnancy you're less likely to have any problems. I wouldn't change anything about my previous labour or pregnancy. I had an epidural and couldn't feel a thing for most of it!!!!

So far this forum has been invaluable for lots of things so it's nice to know that friendships are formed through it too.

PipDais View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PipDais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by HaleyJJ HaleyJJ wrote:

Ive heard generally if your having a normal birth that the first one is usually late. Im so exicted, our first baby!! As you have done this before, When is it to early to see a midwife? I have doc appointment monday and then i was going to get straight onto finding a midwife. Ekkkkk im so excited!! Feeling so knackered today though, pulled a sligh sicky and am working from home as just so tired, also feel slighly queasy and have a really sore back for some reason - That may not be related but who knows :)

I asked on another thread and it appears that a lot depends on where you live as midwives are in demand. I'm in Wellington and will be calling around soon - the good ones get snapped up quickly! I've been compiling a list of recommended ones (from a thread on here) so will be calling them first.

The symptoms you have at the moment (backache, tiredness and nausea) are the joys of early pregnancy! Welcome to motherhood! Take it easy - your body is busy making a baby and it's tiring work!
chills View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 3:13pm
Hi Everyone!

So i got my BFP this morning... woo hoo!!
This will be our 3rd baby, I have DS 4 1/2 and DD 20 months. So glad that DS will be at school by the time this one comes along.

Congrats to everyone. It's so nice to be able to come on here and share the excitement, I haven't even told hubby yet (will when he gets home)

Hi UK2NZMummy, I'm also from the UK, moved over here 3 years ago and I can tell you after having my son in the UK and then my Daughter here it was such an all round nicer experience for me here. I love that you have one midwife all the way through and you really get to know each other, I'm hoping I can get the same midwife this time round.

Looking forward to getting to know you all =)
Christie

PipDais View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PipDais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 3:30pm
[QUOTE=chills]Hi UK2NZMummy, I'm also from the UK, moved over here 3 years ago and I can tell you after having my son in the UK and then my Daughter here it was such an all round nicer experience for me here. I love that you have one midwife all the way through and you really get to know each other, I'm hoping I can get the same midwife this time round.QUOTE]

Thank you....that's such a relief to hear!
PipDais View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PipDais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 5:38pm
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.....the midwife (that was highly recommended on here) is fully booked already - I didn't even give her any details! Just November...how is that even possible if I'm due 6th November?! Her response was that there is a huge shortage in Wellington and wishing me luck! I feel like I need it now...I never thought she would be booked already! Crazy...
P&E'S Mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&E'S Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 5:52pm
It could also be that she is away etc.
But, yes some will only take so many cases on per month, and fill very quickly. (That is ridiculous though!)

Welcome chills & congrats!!

P&E'S Mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&E'S Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 8:09pm
chills, I have added you to the list, is your EDD right? Just worked it out from your ticker.

riceybubbles1987 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riceybubbles1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 10:19pm
hey peyton's mum, i was with u in another due thread i think, may 2012?? i was guest but had a m/c at 11.5 weeks.

i think i'm due 10th nov? a little nervous about this 1 but will take things as they come. Congratulations 2 everybody who tested positive!
Spirals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spirals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2012 at 1:05am
Congratulations to all the new ladies joining.

Unfortunately I am leaving this thread - mine turned out to be a chemical pregnancy. All over today.

Good luck with everything, especially finding decent midwives, sounds like it's going to be challenging in some areas. x
P&E'S Mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&E'S Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2012 at 6:15am
Oh no Spirals..my biggest nightmare! I have been there hun, and it is so cruel. Take care of yourself.

riceybubbles1987, I was very temporarily in the Due August 2012 thread before I had a chem, maybe you mean in there?
Welcome & congrats anyway!
Which # baby is this? I will add you to our list.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 22>