FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2012 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 32>
Author
MM23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MM23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2012 at 11:12am
Hey again everyone

Awesome to see a few others due on Xmas Day too. Wow, we could not have planned that one haha.
Finally my MS has subsided, only to be followed by a nasty cold. Have really not enjoyed being pregnant and seeing as this is the first time I am going to take a lot of convincing to do this again. Although I know the end result will be more than worth it.

Hope everyone is feeling good and not getting too achey. Yes the out of breath thing is dreadful, mine is particularly embarassing because I have been shut in doors vomiting for so long I haven't been able to do the exercise I have needed.

Just wondering if there is a Facebook group set up by anyone for December babies and if anyone has the link for it?

Thanks, keep well and smiling :)
Sponsored Links

wattsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wattsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2012 at 12:46pm
Hi again everyone,
CathS - Snap! 25 weeks today and having to decide about Anti-D soon. Our obst. said exactly the same, that being a blood product there is a tiny risk, but it's also a tiny risk that sensitisation could occur before birth. Hmm. I'm not thrilled about the idea of the blood product but it's just one of the many many decisions we have to keep making that have implications! Still undecided :) All the best for yours.

MM23, glad you're MS has subsided at last! Keep on trucking :)
I'd like a FB link too, although the relative anonymity of this forum from non-pregnant friends is quite nice.
Best x
niquey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niquey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2012 at 3:02pm
I'm rhesus neg as well. Last time around my mw didn't even mention the option have having anything during the pregnancy, so I just go the shot when it came back that DD was positive. This time I spoke to my new mw about it, and she advised that unless there is bleeding or some trauma (such as car accident / fall etc) then to just do the same thing again. So that's my plan at the moment..

As for the birth, am planning a waterbirth at birthcare. Last time we did a waterbirth at home, which went really well, but I think it will be easier for DD to have the baby somewhere else (don't want her to see me in labour), plus less clean up! =)

I'm definitely easily out of breath as well.. I'd like to blame the baby encroaching on my lungs, but thinking it's probably not helped by all the extra weight I'm now carrying around, which unfortunately cannot be blamed on just the baby!
Odyssey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odyssey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 12:03am
Forgive me if this subject has already been mentioned previously but I am having trouble finding anything on the issue.

I am due in December & have just found out I have Placenta Previa. I have read quite a bit on that topic but am having trouble finding any info on having a placenta previa AND taking daily CLEXANE (blood thinners) for a blood disorder I have. Has ANYONE here had a PP while taking blood thinners & what kind of issue does that cause if/when you get a bleed?

It has me rather freaked out about the whole pregnancy & bubs & mine's safety.
I'd really appreciate ANY info you could share.
The whole issue is causing me to stress because I cant find any info regarding this on the net....
Thanks in advance. :)
Tanithe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanithe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2012 at 8:08am
Gosh there are so many more issues with pregnancy than I ever though. I don't even know what rhesus neg is...I was at risk of placenta previa but baby decided s/he wasn't having that and moved it out of the way so I was very relieved about that.

As for birthing options...my plan right from the start has been to have a vaginal birth at the Papakura maternity ward, which of course means no epidural. I was ok with this at first but now I am starting to get really nervous about the pain. I have no pain tolerance whatsoever and think it's incredibly painful just getting a blood test so can only imagine how I'll go with that. I watched What To Expect When You're Expecting the other night which was kind of funny but then when it got to the bit where they are all in labour I started to freak out...it just looks so unbearably painful :( I know it will be worth it but I don't think I'll be able to handle it haha. Anyone else starting to get a bit anxious about the actual labour part of things?

silvs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2012 at 8:09am
Hey ladies. Anyone who wants to join our december facebook group you can pm me and i can let you know how to get added There is about 70 ladies on there from here and some other sites and there are numerous posts each day
rachaels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2012 at 2:08pm
Wow it has been a LONG time since I have posted here, sorry ladies I haven't forgotten about you, it has just been a hectic few months with DS having grommets, our house being sold, garage sales, moving house (never EVER doing that again when 6 months preg), DS turning the big two years old, and working full time! Phew! Why do I do this to myself?!

As I enter the third trimester (27.5 weeks now) I can already tell that the magic of the second trimester is going to fade fast. The energy levels have dropped again, I'm in a lot of pain (from the moving, we only moved last weekend) and pregnancy insomnia has hit BIG time. Exhausted all the time but can't sleep, how fair is that? Also suffering a bit from a cold and generally feeling a bit sorry for myself. At least the hyperemesis isn't here anymore!

My birth plan is a water birth at Waitakere, then to transfer up to Helensville Birthing Centre. If I can't have my water birth (I popped at 35 weeks last time and wasn't allowed) I know for certain I will not be having an epi (had two failed epis last time, annoyed the hell out of me) and will NOT be birthing on my back. Breathing exercises and gravity for the win!

Odyssey, I don't quite know how placenta previa would work with also being on blood thinners - are you under an obstetritian? If not, you definitely need to talk to your midwife about it.

Tanithe, I'm glad your placenta has moved out of the way Hollywood has its own ideas about how labour is portrayed, and to be honest it is nothing like the real thing! Can I suggest maybe watching some youtube videos of real births, as it is Hollywood's job to get ratings not necessarily tell the truth! Labour is what you make it and your mindset going into it will be a BIG help, so try to remember that each contraction has a purpose, and that purpose is to get your baby out! Focusing on the pain won't help you....focusing on the end result (holding your precious little bundle) will.

Remember, labour and birth is just a blip in the scheme of things...my mum told me to think of it as one day of really hard work, then reaping the benefits for the rest of my life. She was totally right

Also, there's something about labour pain that feels really healthy. I can't really explain it more than that - but your body is built to have babies, and labour is totally natural and healthy, and it's not a "omg I'm hurt and there's something wrong" pain, it's a totally different wholesome feeling - or it was for me anyway.

Believe you can do it!!!

I am supposed to be working until 37 weeks but that's still 9.5 weeks away, aargh! Seems so long already. When is everyone else working until?
anna1983 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2012 at 8:06pm
I'm just finishing up my thesis now (like next week) and after that will be pretty much just trying to get my research published and doing whatever I can to prepare for my defence, which may or may not be before the baby is born.

I won't be doing anything full-time from 29 weeks which is awesome after a rough 4 years - I'm looking forward to a bit of a break - but slightly scary as I'm starting to realise I might get quite bored, lonely and will have too much time to stress about everything!

braydz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote braydz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 8:08am
No good news unfortunately.
Test showed protein in my urine so spent couple of days in hospital having tests every day. Seemed to only be that day and the following the protein was present but am now on permanent bed rest and weekly antenatal checks til our little man is born.
Lots of kicks going on which I'm loving because it reminds me everything will be worth it when he is in out arms.

Haven't thought about birthplans yet. Last time I was strapped to monitors my whole labour and gave birth on my back which to be honest wasn't all that bad but baby wanted out rather quickly which helped. If I can get away with not being on my back this time I'll certainly try but haven't got my heart set on anything. Definitely know ill be at Taranaki Base but that's about it.

Rachaels- we moved house when I was 6 months with our first. Certainly wasn't fun so I know how you felt.

anna1983 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:31pm
Gosh I'm full of admiration for you guys moving house at this stage - my back is killing me on a regular basis over nothing - vaccuuming, short walk - moving house sounds like torture! Hope your new houses are/were awesome :-)
Kiwi2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwi2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2012 at 4:18pm
Hi again, I'm also rhesus negative. With my last pregnancy was in the UK where it is standard to give anti-D at least once during pregnancy and then again after the birth if baby is positive.

Have already had one shot earlier this pregnancy due to bleeding and will get another one a bit later on. My DH is positive and DC1 is positive. Not happy about having a blood product but its hard to assess the risks.

Anyway, still feeling huge but at least DH can now feel the kicks :-)
niquey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niquey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2012 at 11:57am
Took off my rings last night, they were already starting to get tight! Four weeks earlier than last time so I'm thinking I'm just going to be HUGE this time around. Can't believe I still have another 12 weeks to go..

If anyone is looking for a pram, I'm selling my Phil & Teds Sport buggy on trademe (link here). It's in good condition and I found it to be a great pram.
stella125 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stella125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 7:55pm
Hello everyone! wow all the forums have changed very cool, shows how long since ive been in here :) been hanging on the FB page but it gets really busy and i cant seem to keep up. Hows everyone going?

<
ieat_MMs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ieat_MMs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2012 at 12:29am
Hi everyone... could someone add me to the facebook page please
'Renee Dean' thanks

Tanithe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanithe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 8:12am
Hi Rachaels thanks for that. You're right I need to stop thinking about that and just focus on the good stuff.

Hoping to get the babies room finished by the time I'm 34 weeks so I can actually start moving furniture and stuff in and then have a baby shower and will have a place to put things. Mum thinks I should have a baby shower soon but I was thinking around 36 weeks. What do the rest of you think?

niquey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niquey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2012 at 2:06pm
Glad the baby's room is coming along Tanithe. As for the baby shower, I would think not later than 36 weeks, just in case..

Had my glucose test on the weekend, hope it comes back ok as I'm a bit paranoid that I'm bigger than I should be. Last midwife visit I was measuring 28cm and was only 26 weeks.. She said 2cm either side was fine, so guess we'll see what it is tomorrow at my next appt.
Tanithe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanithe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 9:24am
Hmmm yea you are right niquey better start organising it. I've got my glucose test form but haven't had the test yet. Hard to find the time but out of work from Friday so will have plenty of time after that.

Babys movements have slowed down a bit and I'm not feeling so many kicks. Am starting to worry a little bit even though I have heard that could be normal. Will check with the midwife on Monday anyway.

I'm starting to consider a water birth. Didn't think I liked the idea but I'm starting to come around to it. Seems like it would be a lot less stressful for both me and baby so I just might go for it. Have awhile to decide anyway.

Just wondering where everyone else stands on the vitamin k shots? I don't know that I like the idea of jabbing the baby just after it's born...I'm thinking about the oral one but just wanted to know where everyone else stands on getting it, not getting it, injection or not?

wattsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wattsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 4:59pm
I was wondering that too, Tanithe, Vit K oral or jab? I don't want to upset baby's tummy but nervous about jabbing baby too.

On the Rhesus neg thing, I'm going to wait until birth and have it then, unless there is random bleeding earlier. The doc was quite reassuring about waiting until then but said I would definitely be getting it then.

Hope everyone is well and feeling good x
niquey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niquey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 9:21pm
We decided not to get either last time around. My previous midwife didn't seem bothered but the doctor at our 6 week check looked very surprised so perhaps it was an unusual decision? Haven't discussed it with DH or new midwife for this baby but I think unless it is a traumatic birth we'll probably pass on it again.

Hard to believe that it's less than 10 weeks to go! Hope everyone is feeling well :)
AngieBaby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngieBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2012 at 10:07am
Hi Ladies,
Just thought I would check in and get your thoughts on this.

And I'm going to be pretty honest here. We are losing some of our OHbaby! community to all these facebook groups, but we have the ability to create closed private groups with our forums and those that are using the private groups function are finding it working very well. We have upgraded the site so that we now have a mobile version of the forums so that it is easy to use from your mobile (if there are any bugs let us know and we will get it fixed - all our testing has come out fine so far,but we never know until we're told of any other issues).

So, is there anything else that will stop you from using OHbaby! as your private group and forum place to meet up? We're trying our best not to reduce the effectiveness of our forums - for them to be effective we need you here as part of the community here to support each other, to chat etc. We're a small business, we can't compete with Facebook, but if we're here connecting you from the beginning and offering all the secure facilities etc that you want then - is there any reason to go to facebook?
These forums are such a wealth of knowledge and inspiration, if you look through old posts from awesome past members, you'll see that most issues we are having now people have had in the past - quite reoccuring :) and you'll see the resolutions for those mums to those issues, the support and advice - it's just a deep wisdom that is just beautiful.
This is a real business concern for me as a small business in so many ways, namely the desire to create a special community of mums who are all there for each other online here through OHbaby!

What else can we be doing?
Would you like us to create a private due in thread for you and who shall we give the password to? Pm me if you like :)
I appreciate your understanding and support on this :)
Thank you all so much
Ang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 32>