FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2012 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 32>
Author
Skrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 4:05pm
Come on 8th December! I need a due date buddy!

Went to the Drs this morning to confirm everything and yup....def preggers LOL. I have a dating scan next Thursday and my first MW appointment on 9th May! It's all getting so real now!
Sponsored Links

anna1983 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by BDTM14 BDTM14 wrote:

Originally posted by anna1983 anna1983 wrote:

My EDD is 02/12/2012 - my first pregnancy. Still struggling to believe it's really happening! Hanging out for that ~12 wk scan!

The extra 4 bra cup sizes and the nausea help it seem real so I'm bizarrely grateful for these discomforts!

It was our first try so I'm still a bit in shock - at the same time, it's been 6 years since we got married and the clucky hormones kicked in around then so it feels like it's been a very long wait!

Hey there
I just found out that I too am having my first as well. I found out on Thursday just been.
Im due 13 Dec (or there abouts)
It was our 2nd month of trying.
When I got that first positive HPT I didnt quite believe it so had to go back and do another one just to make sure. Have to even expalin to DP that yes two line meant a BFP

I so cant wait til the 12 week scan. Calling the docs tomorrow to make an appointment to make sure everything okay and to give me some information on what I need to do an know...

Its all so surreal

Ha ha you're not the only one who had to do multiple tests...I did one a couple of days too early because the suspense was killing me and of course it was negative, then spent days convincing myself it won't happen but I'll wait til Sunday at least, I'll get my period by then probably and I'll know...but no period and got a VERY faint positive on Sunday morning, exactly 4 weeks since my last period. It was a bit of a let-down actually, because hubby didn't believe the line was there! So much for "big fat positive"! Ha ha.

So then I did one the next day, bit darker, next day darker again...did one a couple of days later before my dr appointment - quite obvious - and again a couple of days later when I met my midwife (dr said organise one quick so I did, while still struggling to believe it was real) - VERY dark line! So then I believed it! (and wasted about $30 at least) Got my friend in the UK to verify the lines via Skype! We helped her freeze her verucas over Skype so it seemed fair enough to, as she put it, get her to inspect my "pee sticks"!

How I wish I needed a dating scan to make sure it's real and growing! I didn't quite realise until AFTER the BFP that the previous two weeks was going to seem like a short wait compared to the next 8 or so waiting for a scan!

Edited by anna1983
luckystar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luckystar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 8:35pm
I wish I had a dating scan this week or next! But have to wait to see OB on 26th, which is going to be a long couple of weeks...

My morning sickness has not been too bad today at all, so of course the first thing I do is start to worry that perhaps something is wrong! Daft lady that I am! I know I shouldn't be so anxious about it, but until I've seen a little heartbeat in there, I don't think I will be able to relax into being pgnt properly iykwim!
BDTM14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDTM14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Sparkl Sparkl wrote:

Welcome to you BDTM14. How awesome that you got your BFP the second month of trying! Have you had any symptoms yet?

Hi there

sorry I have replied sooner. For some reason it wasnt letting me reply to any posts or post in any forums

I have had a couple of symptoms...just went I eat certains foods I start to feel a bit sickly. Getting tired easily. but thats about it

Yes so happy it only took us a couple of months of trying. We are very fortunate

I didnt believe it at first when I did my first POAS (just got those small POAS off the internet) so much so that I went out and bought a First Responce test and did another one. Haha DP still doesnt thinkits really and so I have booked myself in to see the doctor (cant get in til the 24th though as shes away) he wants me to get a second opinion and her to confirm its real...I think he's in shock that it happened so quickly. god love him
BDTM14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDTM14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 8:39am
Yeah I cant wait for my dating scan to see how far along I actually am.
Then I cant wait for the 12 week scan so I can start telling people.
So far only DP, my sister and My BFF (in the UK) know.
will start telling other family once I have seen the doc
Skrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 9:17am
DF and I went to Mothercare at Sylvia Park yesterday to look at all the cute baby things. Thanks God they have layby! I won't be buying anything until after 3 months though, just in case!
BDTM14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDTM14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 9:36am
Oh I am terrible when it comes to buying baby stuff...when my sister and also my SIL and even friends got preggers over the years. I always go out and buying way too many things...I think DP is going to have to take my Credit Card off me over the next 8-9 months so I dont buy anything...but hopefully after all the stuff we got everyone else we might be lucky enough to get a few things back in return...
We're hoping to get a friends cot and change table she has we just have to wait and see...and we're getting my sisters Buggy that she no longer uses...so those are the big ticket items that we really need..as sesame seed (baby) will be due over the summer months. hopefully he or she wont need too many clothes to start with...it will mainly be summer onesies and nappies
Going to start buying nappies when we find out if its a boy or girl...although I dont think it matters too much at that age surely?
Skrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 9:41am
Nah, newborn nappies are unisex (as are cloth if you decide to go that way). Buy LOTS of them!
BDTM14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDTM14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 9:49am
sweet I will be thats for sure. I have heard there's a website as well that a lot of people use to get bulk cheap nappies.
Its called like nappies direct or something like that

Man I so cant wait to get to see my doctor so I can then go for my dating scan and then my 12 week scan...man I will the next 7 weeks would just hurry up and fly by...
Need to keep myself busy with something I think
ChikkyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChikkyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 10:31am
Yup definitely stock up on new born nappies - just don't go to crazy in case you have a whopper baby who gets to big before they get a chance to use them

I also can't wait for the 12 week scan, its my fave scan of all of them I got a dvd of DDs 12 week scan, its so crazy watching it thinking she was to teeny once upon a time! (and now she's a crazy toddler tearing apart my house!)
Luckymama23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckymama23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 10:32am
Hello December mamas!
Havent had a chance to read back over the other pages yet, but I definately will to get to know a wee bit about you all
I just got a Big (Faint) positive this morning! so am stoked to be joining you & really hoping I stick around till december! (this will be my 7th pregnancy & hopefully 2nd bub!)
Looking forward to chatting
2 superstars
too many miscarriages 2009-2014
BDTM14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDTM14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 10:34am
Is there a FB group with all you lovely ladies?
niquey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niquey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 10:48am
Congrats Luckymama!! Let's hope all our December bubs are super sticky =)

I went a bit crazy last time buying so much for DD that I don't think I have any excuse to go shopping this time around.. Pity though as I do love to go to mothercare!!

Well my nausea has sure kicked in, I'd forgotten just how awful it was. While cleaning my teeth last night I managed to throw up dinner - gross!!! Really feel like just lying in bed with my head under a pillow but somehow I think my energetic toddler will have a thing or two to say about that..
Skrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 10:57am
I've not been too bad with MS this time so far. I've had a few days of feeling yuck but not everyday. With DD I felt sooooo sick ALL the time! I guess I'm only 5 weeks though, plenty of time yet!
Sparkl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 12:35pm
Welcome and congrats Luckymama23. Sending a huge container of sticky baby dust your way. What is your EDD, i'll add you to the list.

BDTM14 there isn't a facebook group as yet, feel free to start one up if you like...

AFM def feeling pregnant. Hungry all the time and peeing lots. So pleased to be on holiday cause i'm tired!

Counting down the days til my scan (26th April). Hope it comes around quick. Beaut day here, feels like Summer is back!
BDTM14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDTM14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 1:05pm
oh okay cool
No I was just wondering if anyone had yet or not.
Might look at doing one a little later on once we are all well into our 1st Trimester

So where is everyone from etc...what are your stories?

Im 33 from Auckland NZ, DP and I have been together almost 3 years now. It was our 2nd month of TTC. DP is 31. This is our first child and its all a bit surreal.
DP still doesnt think its real yet until we go for our first scan. which is why I want these next few weeks to just hurry the heck up :)

We jsut moved house 2 weeks ago as well so 2012 so far has been a great year for us. FX it stays that way and baby # 1 for us is happy and healthy little bubba

I cant believe we are having a Xmas Baby as well..I mean what an awesomoe Xmas Present :)

Has anyone thought of names for their baby yet?

We have middle names sorted...just not first names...they're so hard to choose cos allt he ones I do like other friends have children with that name, its also really hard at the moment as well cos my SIL is preggers with her 3rd shes 13 weeks doesnt know that we are pregnant yet (we've only told my sister) so I need to find a way of asking what names they are thinking of so I can eliminate them from my list early without any disapointment
ChikkyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChikkyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 1:20pm
A FB group a bit later on sounds good to me, gives more people a chance to get there BFPs and join in here..

I think December is a great month to have a baby - at least when you get up in the middle of the night it wont be freezing!

My story..

I'm 23. DH and I are living in Queenstown, got married about a month ago have DD whos 14 months and super cute! Love her to bits she was an awesome baby no trouble at all.

Really hoping he or she decides to arrive before my birthday

I found naming Shiloh really hard! But this time round we already know what we will call bubs if its a girl - if its a boy i'm totally stuck, i've gone off the name I picked for shiloh if she were a boy.
Skrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 1:20pm
Haha DP and I had names picked out before we even knew I was pregnant. Admittedly, we weren't really thinking of getting pregnant until mid 2013 but what happens happens

If I have a girl she will be called Ruby-Ann Maria and if I have a boy he will be called Wade Kenneth.

I already have 3 children. My eldest is 8, the next is 5 and the bubba is 2. Two boys and a girl!

I live in Auckland.

Gosh I'm soooo tired right now.....still another 2 hours and 40 mins of work left!

Edited by Skrip
BDTM14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDTM14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 1:39pm
Love Kenneth...thats DPs middle name :)

we only have middle names sorted at the moment

Girl - Meredith
Boy - Carter

and an idea for the first name for a boy so far is William but thats about it

I know what you mean about being tired...Im tired like all the time now...blah
Skrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 2:04pm
It's my Dads name
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 32>