FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJust want to say that miscarriages really

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just want to say that miscarriages really
    Posted: 18 December 2011 at 12:34pm
SUCK. Should have been 11 weeks 5 days today but found out on Friday that the baby stopped growing around 6 weeks. Spent nearly 3 hours at Middlemore on Friday evening being poked and prodded and have to go and see the Early Pregnancy clinic next week. I just want it to be over. I've had a little bit of spotting and some cramping and back ache. I was hoping it would all be over by Christmas but i doubt it will be.

My partner only started his new job in September so isn't entitled to paid leave yet and he's the only that can take me to appointments and look after the kids. So we have money to worry about too. What a sh*t time of year for this to happen.

I don't normally share personal things online but everything is getting too much at the moment so wanted to get it off my chest. Just feel like crying all the time.
Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2011 at 1:13pm
Huge hugs, I hope it helped getting it off your chest.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
pikelets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pikelets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2011 at 5:32pm
to you Deb!
Sorry to hear you are going through this. It does really suck!!

3 Angels - Dec10 / Mar11 / Dec11
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2011 at 10:40pm
Thanks ladies. Just finding it really hard at the moment. I think it's really sinking in now that i won't have a baby to hold in July. I just want it all to be over so i can move on. One minute i'm ok then it suddenly hits me. I was still getting all the pregnancy symptoms and was so close to 12 weeks. We had planned on telling our families for Christmas.

I think i'm going to tell the clinic that i want a D & C. Apparently they don't like to them though and would rather wait for it to happen naturally or give the pills. But i'm finding the waiting too hard and i'm a little scared of what might happen if i went with either of those two options.

At least my partners boss has said he can probably take a paid day off.

Edited by _Deb_
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2011 at 10:54am
They suck alright, what a crappy time for you, I'm so sorry

Oct 11
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2011 at 11:04am
Hugs. Sorry u going through this. I would totally tell the clinic all of the above- about your feelings, DH's job, having to look after 2 other kids etc, because yes they do prefer natural of vaginal misoprostol over d&c, but both those methods can take ages. D&C will be over much quicker for u. D&C is surgery so offers more risk- but all tof the products of conception will be removed in one go- quite often with the meds not all of the placenta etc comes away and it can days of days of cramps to get to that point and end in D&C anyway- well thats what Ive seen at work anyway.
Pepi-bebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepi-bebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2011 at 12:54pm
Oh poor you, I know how you feel, I lost my baby in October at 11 weeks, 5 days and she (we think maybe was a girl) had stopped growing around 7-8 weeks. I had full on symptoms up to the day I just started bleeding. It was traumatic and devastating and such a shock. It was our first baby and all had been going perfectly.

I came on the forum today to write that I just got my period again this morning, our 2nd cycle of trying. I'm feeling so sad as we would have had our 20 week scan this week and were looking forward to telling our families at Xmas what gender and showing them the scan pics.

Just do what you need to do to deal with it in the best way you can. Hopefully you have a supportive partner - they are invaluable. You can ask to take the placenta and baby with you if you want. We did and I have spoken to quite a few people who did as well and buried it with a tree planted etc. That helped us to get some closure - but may not be right for you.

Kia kaha.

Oct 11 & Mar 12
Orca1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orca1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2011 at 6:29pm
Sorry that you are going through this. M/c certainly do suck and being at this time of year doesn't help either.

Take care
DD born 2008
Oct 2009, April 2010, Dec 2010, June 2011
7 x IVF/ICSI/PGD = BFN
zoeymil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoeymil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2011 at 6:41pm
Deb.... i'm so sorry i'm going through the same thing at the moment, i think things stopped at about the same time, although i found out last Tuesday i haven't really been bleeding .... i had been hoping to join you in the July thread.... but it wasn't to be . I'm going in for a d&c on Wednesday..... look after yourself and i hope you can get the d&c done..... i'm looking forward to the whole sitution being over.
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2011 at 8:08pm
Deb!! I'm so so sending you hugs right now!!

So sad to see u going through this!! Hope your kids help you to have a happy Christmas, and heal your pain I know it can't be easy

Not that it's any better - but enjoy a glass or two of bubbles at Xmas

Hope to see you in another "waiting" list soon xx
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2011 at 10:24pm
Thanks for the support ladies. It's so cruel that so many of us have had to go through this.

Hi Storm. Thanks hun. We'll probably try again in 6 or so months. Yeah i think i will have a glass or two for Christmas.

I have to go in tomorrow for a blood test, then wait for the results and then a doctor will see me to sort out a plan. I really just want it to be over so i can move on. This has been a bad year for us and a heartbreaking end to it. I really hope 2012 is a better year for us.

zoeymil i'm so sorry to hear you're going through it too.

Edited by _Deb_
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 2:24pm
Booked in for a D & C tomorrow. It's a big relief. I just want it to be over.

DP's boss is letting him have a couple of paid days off. So that's a relief too.
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 2:35pm
Glad u are having a D&C tomorrow and at least the physical side of it will be over before christmas for u. Hugs.
Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 6:59pm
aww Deb, I just saw this, Im so sorry hun . Big hugs x
http://lilypie.com]
pikelets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pikelets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 8:28pm
Thinking of you tomorrow Deb.

3 Angels - Dec10 / Mar11 / Dec11
SethsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SethsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 7:39am
Nothing really to add just hugs
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
hopeful69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hopeful69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:41am
Debs I am so very sorry to hear about ur loss. It really sux and is so not fair
I know exactly what u r going thru and send u lots of love and hugs Time is really the only healer and being around ur kids. They will keep u distracted and busy.
I agree that D&C is the way to go. Get it ova and done with so u can carry on. They will give u misoprostol before they do the D&C then hopefully that will be it. Unfortunately with me I still had retained products so had to go back in two wks later

All the best and sending u lots of good wishes and a speedy recovery so that u can sort of enjoy Christmas with ur kids and family

Jan 2011
Aug 2011
Troods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:40pm
Awww Debs I've only just found this. Hugs hun.

I had the same thing back in July. Scan at 6w 3d which showed a viable pregnancy, but I started heavy bleeding at 9 weeks and a scan showed baby stopped growing not very long after the first scan. MCd naturally at 10ish weeks. Even though it wasn't planned it was still heartbreaking and I was an emotional wreck, especialy after just starting a new job and then having the MC in my first week.

I hope the D & C went okay for you today and you can move on.

Missed MC July 2011
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2011 at 2:45pm
Thanks ladies.

Well i didn't get out of hospital till 10am today. Was only supposed to be in for a few hours but ended up being in for 24. What a drama. Had to sit around for nearly 6 hours in the bloody waiting room, finally got put into a bed and given the pills and then ended up waiting around for another 3 or so hours. Didn't get in to surgery till around 7:30pm then had to stay in over night. I was so glad to get out! It was a long tiring day. It all went fine though and i'm feeling ok today.
Princess_Bubs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_Bubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2011 at 11:30am
Oh Deb, I have just seen this thread now. I am so so sorry for your loss.

I hope that you make a quick recovery physically, I know the emotional healing takes a long time, especially after having a long drawn out ordeal. I'm so sorry you went through everything you did.

I know Christmas won't be the same but I hope that you still manage to have a nice day with your family.

Big hugs sweetheart. Let me know if there's anything I can do x

Two Precious Angel Babies 2010 / 2011
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>