FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRockin Green

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rockin Green
    Posted: 22 February 2012 at 7:13am
Just wondering if anybody had tried the Rockin Green washing detergent, in particular the Funk rock Ammonia Bouncer (could they have found a more stupid name?)

I am so sick of the smell of my nappy bucket and also can never seem to get rid of the smell after washing the nappies so am considering getting some. I find it quite expensive though would really like some feedback.

Am also open to any other suggestions how to deal with the pee smell!
Here we go again, another baby on it's way!
Sponsored Links

MumtoMany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumtoMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2012 at 9:37pm
Hey :) i have been using just the normal rockin green. I have been cloth diapering for almost 7years and this is the best washing powder i have ever used. I am so pleased with it and will not go back to anything ealse now.

I was having problems with #2 smell in my nappies . Not anymore

Edited by Mummyof2ofeach
DD 12 DS 9.5 DD 6 DS 4 DD 23 months and here comes number 6

andweknowthis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andweknowthis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 9:37am
Where do you buy this detergent from? They don't have it at the supermarket I shop at but I've heard good things about it so I might have a look around :)
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 3:22pm
Yeah I have heard about it but what is so great about it (not being negative but genuinely interested)?
I confess I use a wool wash on all my nappies and have no idea if this is bad or good lol.
do you use rockingreen stuff for everything or is it designed for nappies?

Oct 11
MumtoMany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumtoMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 7:57pm
It can be brought at most stores that sell cloth nappies. Includeing online store. It is costly tho laddies. I think i paid $23 for our bag. We have been using it for over 3 weeks and we still have well over half a bag. It is made to use with cloth diapers. So does not have any rubbish in it that can lead to a build up in your nappies. It can also be used to soak your nappies in and to strip them. It is fantastic stuff. I am loving it.

Nutella
What sort of wool wash are you using? I am not sure that would be good on your nappies. Depending on the brand it could well end up leaving a build up on your nappies.
DD 12 DS 9.5 DD 6 DS 4 DD 23 months and here comes number 6

Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 8:46pm
Another Rockin Green user here and even though expensive a bag lasts for ages.

My nappies had gotten so stinky, as soon as my girls did wees they stunk. So I've strip washed them in it a couple of times and now it's all I use - the smell has gone.

I bought some of the funk rock too but haven't opened it yet. I think I'll use it a bit in winter when the sunshine isn't doing it's job so well.

Nutella, Rockin Green is specifically for nappies but you can use it on all your washing if you didn't mind the cost.

I also use a Canestan rinse from time to time.
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2012 at 7:29pm
Hmm, not even sure of the brand some lavender thing lol....maybe i will investigate teh rockin stuff tho cost might be an issue.

Oct 11
 Post Reply Post Reply