FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedConvert

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kiwiking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwiking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Convert
    Posted: 11 March 2012 at 2:15pm
Hi ladies,

I was a lurker in the addicts thread while I was still pregnant and I stocked up on itti bitti tuttos (sales, parents etc). I now have a great stash of 18 and a 3 week old boy to model them.

I wasn't sure if I would be able to make the switch from disposables to cloth, more so for the convenience factor but I am slowly converting!

My boy wears cloth from his first change in the morning to his last change at night and sleeps in disposables simply because I've not worked out how many inners I need and if they are enough.

He looks cool, I love showing off his lovely bum, and we have already cut down our waste and expense in the five days he's been in them so far. I actually wish I'd started in them a week earlier but we've not had to buy any disposables in that time due to stocking up pre-birth.

I also convinced DH we needed a trigger sink sprayer to help get poos off. He also loves the cloth and knows how to make sure he gets a good fit.
Sponsored Links

CrazyCass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2012 at 2:15pm
we only use Itti's here as well... and still use a disposable at night (and the little Genie brand seeing as they are biodegradable)... Didn't start using them till Lucan was 6w as we had to wait for the shipment to arrive in the country

But yes amazingly simple & easy to ues, and the washing part doesn't take as much time as everyone thinks... I've managed to accumulate (ahem) 34 so wash every 3-4 days

lisame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2012 at 2:55pm
Cass, if you're using biodegradable nappies do you compost them? cos if not, you're better off using normal ones.
kiwiking: good to hear!
I'd love to have a sprayer thingy. They sound very very useful.
kiwiking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwiking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 1:58pm
The trigger sprayer was less than $30 from Bunnings (in the tap aisle). It is awesome!

lisame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2012 at 4:03pm
huh. will have to have a look. I didn't think you could add them to many toilets but maybe we can :-)
kiwiking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwiking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 12:51pm
It attaches to the tap, we have a very small bathroom downstairs so we can flush the poos down the toilet.

Still loving my nappies and have half of my antenatal group interested in trying out cloth (a couple are already in cloth).
chocpigy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chocpigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 3:26pm
Hi Kiwiking,
Are the Tutto very bulky?
Where did you buy them from?
Bky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 6:49pm
Hmm, our Bunnings must not be very well stocked as we've been looking for a sprayer for ages and have yet to find one. And only $30! The closest thing we found was $70. Will have to look again though for now we do fine with dunk/rinse, when #2 comes we may want to try to get a sprayer going.
7/2010, 10/2012 and 1/2015

kiwiking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwiking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 1:56pm
Chocpigy - I bought mine direct from the NZ stockist www.ittibitti.co.nz.

I don't find them bulky at all, although they are bigger than a disposable. We've had nothing but compliments about them from other mums.
kiwiking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwiking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 1:57pm
Bky - stink about your Bunnings! Is it a Bunnings Warehouse? I found it in the plumbing//taps aisle. Maybe try Mitre 10 Mega also.
Bky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 2:31pm
It's a pretty big Bunnings. We've also checked the Mitre10 Mega as well as the smaller ones. I suspect it's a sucks-to-be-you South Island thing.
7/2010, 10/2012 and 1/2015

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 7:52pm
I'm waiting for my disposables to run out to start G in her itti's, can't wait to use cloth again & cut down our rubbish output!
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
 Post Reply Post Reply