FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPregnant again after MC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 36>
Author
redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 8:38am
Hi Seraphine,
Congratulations! I did a HPT on Wednesday and BFP... all feels a bit surreal at the moment, in fact I feel a bit emotionally detached from it all. I think it's probably my minds way of protecting me from any stress or anxiety as we have lost our previous 3 pregnancies. Would dearly love for things to go well for us this time but trying the 'whatever will be, will be' approach for as long as i can. Have my first HCG bloodtest today. Hope you're well and wishing you heaps of luck for a sticky bub.
5 wee Angels - Always in our hearts - Aug '11, Feb '12, Aug '12, Feb '13, Aug '13
Sponsored Links

Moobear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moobear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 7:52am
redtulip, congratulations hun I have my fingers crossed for you that things will go well for you and your man with this little baby. Sending lots of sticky dust your way x
Angel Babies       
Sept 2011 March 2012
Pitter patter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pitter patter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2013 at 8:01pm
Hope will join this club soon. Redtulip so good all going well with you and moobear not long to go! Seraphine havent seen you on here for a while, hope all is going well xx

TTC number 2 since April 2011
MC Nov 12
Formally Mamma2one
redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2013 at 9:31am
Thanks moobear and mumma2one...
Wooo-hooo moobrear! Not long to go till your little one is here - how exciting!
Mumma, so sorry for your loss - I really hope you'll be here with us soon too, are your cycles back to normal yet?
AFM -have had 3 hcgs and so far they are all fine. Have been in to have my 4th done this morning so should have the results this arvo. Feeling good, just really tired and sore breasts. Have been taking progesterone suppositories 3 x daily so really hoping that they are helping and this bub stays sticky.
Take care ladies xx
5 wee Angels - Always in our hearts - Aug '11, Feb '12, Aug '12, Feb '13, Aug '13
younginin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote younginin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2013 at 11:01am
Hi ladies,

Its nice to find others going thru/ feeling the same.

After loosing our first bub in Oct, this time around im definitely more scared than excited. My partner also seems a lot less interested tho i guess thats just his way of coping and hopefully he'll come around once i start getting more excited myself.
Oct '12
💙 Sep '13
redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2013 at 3:21pm
Hi Younginin.......... CONGRATULATIONS!!
Glad you found this thread, looks like I'm only one day behind you looking at your ticker
My DH is exactly the same as your DP (and has been with every pregnancy since our first m/c) so don't worry, its definately a coping mechanism.
Wishing you heaps of luck for a sticky bub this time, nice to have someone else in here who understands xx
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2013 at 6:28pm
Three of us on eggshells all due in the same month.. lets hope we can give each other as much support as we need! Such a difficult time. I'm trying to stay relaxed and positive but it is so hard. Everyday I wake up with sore boobs again I'm so happy. They even hurt when I walk down stairs! lol

Younginin are you having weekly bloods done too?

And are you guys scheduling early scans? I am undecided whether I should wait for 8 weeks (have a day off work booked already) or if I should go sooner ie as soon as there should be a heart beat detectable.
younginin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote younginin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2013 at 7:10pm
No one has said anything about extra bloods.

Got form from Dr for scan, will ring and try to book in tomorrow for probably later next week (after 7 weeks to guarantee heartbeat, scared of going early and not being able to see one).

1st appointment with MW on the 7th (had to find a new one as we have moved).
Oct '12
💙 Sep '13
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2013 at 7:50pm
My GP asked what I wanted to do younginin so I suggested weekly bloods until the scan for a bit of peace of mind. I'll be looking for a new midwife too but its hard to know who you might want without meeting them
younginin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote younginin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 6:56pm
Cant get in for a scan till the 7th    Got in the next day when I was in Hammy... Stupid small town.

So I wont really know anything till the 7th when i see MW and get scan.
Oct '12
💙 Sep '13
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 7:34pm
Fingers crossed it rolls around quickly for you then younginin!

(hang on what am I talking about.. as someone else said if we thought the 2ww was hard the wait to 12 weeks is worse!)

Are you not still in Auckland region? Surely there must be somewhere that can see you sooner?
redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 9:35pm
Hi Kalika and Younginin,
How are you both? Had another hcg today and all rising normally....whew! Feel a little anxious now as lost all 3 angels around 6-8 weeks.
Have another hcg test next Tues then RPL clinic nurse wants me to have a scan Thurs. I missed her call so will have to get DH to phone her tomorrow - stink thing about my job is that I work alone and only started there mid Dec... so makes it really hard to take time out for appointments. Hopefully DH can sort a more suitable time.
Hope you girls are taking good care of yourselves xx
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 9:49pm
That is great news about your hcg levels redtulip! A scan will be good to put mind at ease but also could be quite stressful. Plus with your added difficulty of taking time off work. What sort of work is it that you have to work alone?

I'm trying my best to relax, not stress and take it easy. I've not ridden my horse all week and feel really neglectful to them as I haven't been to see them 2 days out of 4 as well. The land owner is out a couple of times a day tho so at least I know I'd be contacted if there is something wrong.

I just feel so tired! My legs feel like I've been tramping and I get really tired around 3pm, 5 or 6pm and then get a second wind around 8 or 9. I've always been a night owl really tho. Shame I can't change my work hours to suit
redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 10:05pm
Hi kalika, I'm a florist at quite a small/busy place so often do days on my own. Don't want to fib to my boss about why I want time off as if all goes well and I tell him I'm UTD down the track I'd hate for him to realise I'd lied to him earlier, it'll be bad enough that I got UTD 2 weeks after starting there lol!!
Am sure they'll be able to work something out re scan, they apparently do them all day Thursdays (every week). But I can't be the only person to have probs going then. Scans just scare the hell out of me - only realised I'd m/c'd last 2 times at scan. But would rather know then find out at 12 weeks is my reasoning.
I've been really tired too.Don't feel bad about your horses... as long as someone's around to check on them they'll be absolutely fine. Look at it as you giving them summer holiday
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 10:09pm
I always think being a florist must be a lovely job! Surrounded by gorgeousness all day.. I'm surrounded by blokes (all men in my dept) and they all talk too loudly into their phones lol

I don't feel too bad, I'm doing what I think is best, especially given my history I just know that come winter I'll regret not having put time in as it'll be too cold (and I finish work too late) and hopefully be too pregnant to ride!

Good luck for arranging a scan time tomorrow
redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 10:12pm
Ha,ha! lol at the guys on their phones! ...have a great sleep
younginin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote younginin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 10:39pm
I could possibly get in sooner if I was confidante enough to drive around Auckland. I live very south Auckland and I'm not a very confidante driver, so motorways are scarey. I'm getting use to driving around Waiuku and Pukekohe now.

I refuse to go to any scans on my own now, because I was on my own when I found out we lost our last one. So DP will be taking time off to come with me.
Oct '12
💙 Sep '13
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2013 at 7:45am
That is fair younginin you need support for in case it isn't good news but also will be nice for him to be there when it is good news!

I'm a bit worried today, my boobs are less sore than the last week (but still sore). I was able to sleep on my tummy quite easily last night

Edited by kalika - 26 January 2013 at 8:09am
younginin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote younginin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2013 at 9:36am
*sends lots of sticky dust your way*

Lots of the other girls in the Sep group have been saying their symptoms come and go, so its not necessarily a bad sign..
Oct '12
💙 Sep '13
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2013 at 3:25pm
*must not overreact* thanks younginin, still sore so I feel happy! Just had a sleep on the lawn too which is so unlike me so taking that as a good sign too

How are you feeling at the moment?

Redtulip, how did you get on scheduling a scan date?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 36>