FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThings to look for in a daycare

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Things to look for in a daycare
    Posted: 12 May 2012 at 1:49pm
As above, hehe what are the important things to look for/good things you have found about yours?

Edited by snugglebug
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
Sponsored Links

HoneybunsMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 12:09am
I went with who ever gave me time when I went in and the feel of the place. DD was happy pretty much everywhere but if the teachers were happy for her to play while I went and looked around then that was a bonus.

Mine is also around the corner from home.
I didn't look so much at changing facilities and stuff because DD is tting but I did ask about tting and stuff like that

Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 2:55pm
To be honest the main reason we chose the one we did was based on convenience...it is 500m up the road! Mind you, if it had been awful or there was a bad vibe we wouldn't have gone there!
another thing was that they allow us to use cloth nappies which was a big thing for me.
Is good that they do all the food, I def rate that...
Turns out the place is pretty good and DS loves it there!

Oct 11
HuMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2012 at 2:16pm
With DS (2) it was location, altho the vibe was fantastic or he wouldn't have gone.

With DD we tossed up between the same daycare and homebased as she was only 5 months. In the end the girls in the babies room gave me such a wonderful vibe from the moment DD was born, always saying hi to her when they saw her, and asking when she was joining them etc that I decided she'd be well looked after. (and she is)

Always good to do a "surprise" visit at a busy time of the day to see how they interact with the kids, how the manager is etc.

Post Reply Post Reply