FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPlaygroup in kumeu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Samantha93661 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samantha93661 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Playgroup in kumeu
    Posted: 25 September 2012 at 12:11pm
Hi
1st mum here i have just moved to kumeu and wanted to know if there was any good playgroups or something for my little 10mth old girl to make some new friends at
Sponsored Links

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 2:01pm
There's Mainly Music on Wednesday at the Baptist Church - 9.15am and 10.15am with morning tea in between.
There's Playcentre on Tues, Thurs and Friday on Oraha Road down from the fire station -  we went for our first visit when my daughter was 11 months  old

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Aroha11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aroha11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 9:20pm
Samantha - welcome to the area I am newish as well been here 7 months now in waimauku with a 15mth old. Here is what I have found, Playgroup in Riverhead on Wednesdays and Fridays, I have been along a couple of times and will be going back (it is opposite the petrol station in Riverhead), there is a playgroup at Muriwai Beach on Fridays (I haven't made it there yet but do intend to go) it is at the surf lifesaving club and I think it only operates on fine days.

I have been to mainly music, once, it was good but loud and my boy only lasted a couple of songs so we might try it again soon.

Library has Storytime on Mondays at 10.30, which we sometimes go to, if you make it there I will be the one chasing my boy around the library!!

If you are keen to meet up for a coffee give me a PM, I sometimes meet up with other newbies to the area as well.
1stmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1stmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 1:06pm
Hi I'm looking organising a new Playgroup at the st chads church. Hope to be starting soon! I would be keen to meet up before if you are. Please email me if you are interested and I can give you the details.

Ganda.hyland@xtra.co.nz

I'm newish to the are too!

Amanda
sophiegarth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sophiegarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2013 at 8:11am
Hi ladies
I'm a first time mum to a 1yo girl. We have just moved to Riverhead and I saw this thread. Do any of these play groups still run? Does anyone run a coffee group? My daughter is really social so I need to make her some wee friends :)
Thanks!
Cnanks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cnanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2013 at 2:49pm
Hi

I'm also new to the area and keen to join coffee group and find out what activities are in area. my wee boy is 8 months old.

Thanks
JulieHodder234195 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulieHodder234195 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 7:44am
Hi

Just to update this old thread...

We are a community-led playgroup for babies, preschool aged children and their families. Our aim is to create an environment during our sessions that educates, entertains, and socializes our children, and also provides friendly contact and support for parents and caregivers. We provide creative activities, books, water and sand play, heaps of toys and equipment. Our service runs during school term and is funded by gold coin donations.

Riverhead Memorial Pavilion, Auckland. (Council building next to the playground and the Riverhead Bowling Club)

Hours
Thursday—Friday: 9:30AM–12:00PM
School term
 Post Reply Post Reply