FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChoosing Cloth Nappies?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dottydot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dottydot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Choosing Cloth Nappies?
    Posted: 07 January 2013 at 10:38am
I'm hoping to use cloth nappies from when baby is about 6 weeks old, and trying to decide which to buy is SO hard!

Wondering if anyone has used these ones from Express the Best? http://www.expressthebest.co.nz/cloth-re-usable-nappy-pack-one-size-fits-all/
Or the Melina Baby cloth nappies? I can't find where to buy them online, but these are them http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150463174811453&set=pb.93045661452.-2207520000.1357508203&type=3&theater a friend of mine knows Melina who makes them, so I would have to contact her to find out more about them. I like that they are locally made, and are bamboo too.

Are snaps/domes or velcro best?
Sponsored Links

Mama-Me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama-Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2013 at 10:59am
It's best to get a couple of each brand to see what will fit your baby the best.

I personally like velcro as you can get a much better fit around the tummy.

Another brand to try is Rarpz, they are a one size fits all and the fit is great for all sized babies. http://www.scamps.co.nz/shop/organic-baby-products/cloth-nappies

Good luck!

Edited by ClothMummy - 19 April 2014 at 9:17pm
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2013 at 10:30pm
The ones from express the best, based on where the snaps are & the price I'd say are cheap ones that are imported from china. There probably won't be anything wrong with them, but they do look to be quite wide fitting between the legs. I've used something similar on a carechild & they seemed absolutely fine, didnt leak. Not sure how they'd contain poo explosions though.

Agree with Clothmummy in getting a couple of each time or maybe even seeing ifyou can find a nappy hire kit to see what you like.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Ladybird84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 9:23pm
I would probably use prefolds and covers on a 6 week old and move to pocket nappies a couple of months later. I used prefold and covers from newborn and went into a few pockets at a couple of months old and continued to use a mix of both until around 1ish when i went fully into pockets.
If you buy something like fuzzibunz (which may be more expensive than what you are already looking at) at least you know they will last the distance. Some cheaper ones just might not stand up to continious use. I have fuzzibunz and honeychild nappies still going strong after three babies!
Micah106534 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micah106534 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 2:20pm
Hi ClothMummy, do you have a recommendation for good velcro cloth nappies? Thanks :)
MissMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 7:19pm
I have baby cheeks/ cheek boutique reuseable nappies. I cannot seem to stop them leaking around the legs. I have pre soaked, tightened legs... Any suggestions please. I'll using two large inserts.
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2013 at 8:38am
It's funny how we all have preferences - I really dislike velcro because it gets so grotty in the wash. So buy a few, and see what you like, as others have suggested

mclainpauline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mclainpauline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 9:20pm
Cloth nappies are better alternative for baby's sensitive skin. It is friendlier for baby skin because it is soft and comfortable for baby skin. One of the main benefit of cloth diaper is its cost. It is more clean, and healthier for your baby.

Edited by mclainpauline - 14 March 2013 at 9:21pm
Quieteyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quieteyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 6:55pm
Ok, bearing in mind this is for a bub 6.5kg, *very* heavy wetter, crawling and rolling.

Having tried a few, I can say my favourites are:
Bubblebubs Candies - seriously good absorbtion!! and great fit. Consider for night nappy at least.
Itti bitti d'lish snap-in-one - good absorbtion, cute, great fit
Totsbots flexitot and bamboozle - excellent fit, trim, dry fast

Green Beginnings kinda sits between. They were excellent for the first 6 months, good fit, easy to use, quick to launder, but the velcro on them is quite weak, and as soon as lil miss started moving they started bursting open.

I wasn't so keen on:
MyBaby/Sunny Baby - too wide in the crotch, bulky between legs resulting in gap between leg and gusset elastic, and leeeeeeeeaks
Itti bitti d'lish all-in-one - simply not absorbent enough, leaked within 2hrs
Snazzipants - excellent fit, but not absorbent enough :(
Prefold & bummis wrap - excellent fit, trim & easy... but not absorbent enough, leaking after 1.5hrs. Could "boost" to improve, and was very effective.

me! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote me! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2013 at 2:03pm
Hi, we used pop-in nappies from 3 weeks, including through the night. They are more expensive, but you don't have to get different sizes as the child grows...
Donahue139576 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donahue139576 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2014 at 1:56am
Go through babyography.com.au online site as I am full sure you will get the type of nappies you want for your baby there.
view website
 Post Reply Post Reply