FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNEW! Waiting for Ovulation thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Monkeydee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 8:12pm
Baby v is there something you can magically give him to get him more in the mood like some kind of herbal stuff you could put in his dinner or his cuppa ( if he is a tea man)?
Without him actually knowing? Sounds sneaky but hey to me it sounds like anything would help :) big hugs thou chicken
TTC since December 2012,
Unexplained
Rainbow baby due May 18 :)
Sponsored Links

MummaHuhu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummaHuhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 8:28pm
I think horny goat weed is good for the men's libido... it is sometimes in men's supplements so you may be able to convince him to take one - I think Go New Zealand make a good men's supplement for TTC'n.

Come on Huhu#3 ...~Chem Apr 13~
vineyardhoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vineyardhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 8:30pm
Hugs Baby V! Rant completely acceptable. We all need to vent!

How about reverse psychology on him? "I think we should stop trying for a baby, too much stress on our relationship" or something along those lines, but then secretly track your OV and signs, then be "in the mood" only around OV time? I think that might sound easier on paper than in reality, but hopefully helps with some ideas!
Baby V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baby V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 8:45pm
Thanks ladies for the great ideas!

I'm liking the reverse psychology idea, but will run the herbal supplements one past him as well (although he'll probably say I'm pressuring him with that one).

Who knew males could be just as moody as females when it comes to this stuff huh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vineyardhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 9:12pm
sometimes, i really think they're worse baby v its not just man flu is it!
Spitfire19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spitfire19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 9:32pm
Oh vineyard, you just reminded me of this site! Time for a giggle anyone?

Man Flu
Jessaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jessaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 9:40pm
ahahahahhahahaah! that man flu site is amazing! oh lord im in stitches! DP is looking sideways at me, Ill keep it up my sleeve to present to him when he comes down with his next hit of Man Flu hahaha

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vineyardhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 10:19pm
bahahaha that is gold! thanks for the giggle spitfire!
Pitter patter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pitter patter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 11:27pm
Hi guys hope you don't mind me joining in here-am currently waiting for ov, have started bd week
Baby V that argument seems so familiar! Although my DP going through a good patch at the mo but he gets very put off by timing of bd over ov and has lately been loudly telling his friends of all about it. Just a suggestion but if you use opks you can fairly accurately predict ov and you could try for a month just timing bd right at the right time.
Spitfire love the man flu site!
Mummahuhu the name horny goat weed cracks me up for some reason

TTC number 2 since April 2011
MC Nov 12
Formally Mamma2one
Pitter patter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pitter patter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 11:36pm
Also Tan i sometimes wonder the same thing as get ewcm a while b4 ov, but I have used opks for a long time now and i always ov around day 15/16. Also I check cervix now and it is so blimmin obvious, tmi alert but it is soft and very open when ov, so different a few days b4 ov. Also this is just a suggestion but I recall you got your progesterone tested not long ago and i wonder if it would be worth repeating? My body took a while to sort itself out post mc. Also def do test 7dpo or if you not sure when this is 7 days before af due, made such a big difference to my results when i got the timing right.
Ok I should be in bed, man obaby is addictive!

TTC number 2 since April 2011
MC Nov 12
Formally Mamma2one
MummaHuhu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummaHuhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2013 at 7:56am
lol, it cracks me up too Pitter Patter!  It was recommended to me but I looked it up and decided that DH didn't need it, thought he was horny enough as it is lol.  

I downloaded the Sperm Meets Egg last ebook night and might see if that helps, I'd been kinda trying to time BD around O anyway but with kids coming into our bed and being away I hadn't been very successful.  I like having a plan! Big smile

I *think* I should be on 1DPO today but I forgot to do an OPK yesterday and I had a couple of random high temps on my chart so now I'm not sure Confused

Baby V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baby V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2013 at 5:54pm
Well a couple of big wins for me over the last 24 hours, we managed to BD last night AND I got a positive OPK just now! I jumped DH in his sleep so there was no time for him to feel pressured

Feeling much more relaxed now, thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions, really helped get me through the worst mood I've been in since TTC so far. Now if I can just convince him to BD again tonight... Might be pushing my luck but hey, gotta think positive

MummaHuhu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummaHuhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2013 at 10:15pm
lol, good plan of attack BabyV!!  Good luck for tonight too Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spitfire19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2013 at 5:54pm
So in case if you missed it in the other thread, my body has played ball an given me my OV symptoms, just a bit later than expected
Baby V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baby V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2013 at 7:00pm
Thanks MummaHuhu! Low and behold another successful BD last night, really happy with our effort this month now

-ve OPK today and strong tummy pressure yesterday and all day today so looks like 1 or 2 DPO for me tomorrow. Hello TWW!

Spitfire - Yay for the OV!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Spitfire19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2013 at 7:46pm
TWW buddies! Woohoo!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vineyardhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2013 at 8:39pm
great to hear you are OV spitfire! and BabyV, awesome work with the positive OPK and BD'ing - go you!

I'm not sure what is going on now - im monitoring my cervix this month, but it moves a lot. sorry if TMI - its still open and soft, but CM is not much - just had two short bursts really - its still watery-ish just not a lot of it at all. We are sticking to every 2nd day this month and hoping that does the trick.
tan73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2013 at 9:14pm
Would someone mind telling me about how you examine your cervix? I know physically what to do (I think), but I don't think I have ever felt it. What does it feel like? Should I feel it on the tip of my fingers? Maybe my fingers aren't long enough because I can't seem to feel it. I have been reading about a soft, high cervix and low, hard etc but I don't know what any of it means.

2 Angels - Aug '12 & Mar '13 Always in our hearts.
MummaHuhu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummaHuhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2013 at 10:38pm
Tan, I know that its supposed to feel firm like the tip of your nose then in labour it softens to be like your earlobe, then like the inside of your cheek, but that's about it I'm afraid.  

Ummm, so I just had some sharp pains on my left hand side just in from my hipbone - could that maybe indicate ovulation??  Not sure if it's quite the right area?

HelloYellow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelloYellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2013 at 9:37pm
As if the TWW wasn't bad enough, now it's time to wait two weeks til ovulation..... How oh how will I cope?!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>