FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHPTs and OPKs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HPTs and OPKs
    Posted: 19 August 2013 at 3:48pm
Hi Everyone. I just wanted to start a separate thread for this topic. There's been a lot of talk about opks and HPTs (where to buy them, which ones work, etc) in all the other threads, but I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to this so the newbies (or just those of us wanting new ideas) can find the info easier than trawling through hundreds of pages.

Anyway... I just got a +OPK today (yippeee!!!) and have been experimenting with different brands. Here's what I found:

The ones from babyworks.co.nz work the best. The midstream ones are heaps easier on the go and gave me a more clear 2nd line. The test strips from the same website (green label) worked quite well, too. However, I found them not as clear as the midstream ones (lines not as consistent, etc).

I also tried some from trademe, they had a blue label and looked like they came from Asia. THEY DID NOT WORK. I did heaps of tests with them and all were negative when the others were positive.

Hope this info helps for those who are new to OPKing. Please add your comments and questions so we can build up a nice little resource for the newbies.
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
Sponsored Links

TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2013 at 5:24pm
If you're not worried about cost or wanting to confirm a line test if you're not sure, the digital ones are great as they give a definitive answer. Also I found testing twice a day really helpful for me as my surge happened at different times of the day on a couple different cycles so had I not been testing twice a day I would have missed the beginning of it e.g this month last been my surge began late Saturday (around 5pm), if I'd only tested mid morning I wouldn't have know that. Probably different for everyone? But thats my 2 cents

Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2013 at 8:23pm
Good idea a.girl I'm sure this will be a helpful thread to many

I have always used the OPK's from baby4you and find them great. I get the fade in affect which is helpful. Plus like tinka I test twice a day as it gets darker to really catch the surge so at 11am and then again at 5pm.

I have always wondered about the HPT's and have been a great fan of the midstream first response ones as i have found they are the most sensitive. Have picked up a faint line at 8DPO before when a clearblue digital didn't pick anything up at all.
However, two years into testing each month I've decided it's extremely costly so today ordered some internet cheapies from ebay uk. Figure if i'm pregnant it's gonna show on those tests, and will be happy to back it up with one FR LOL But, I searched everywhere for internet cheap HcG tests and couldn't find them anywhere so if anyone is looking - try ebay uk. I ordered 30 and it cost around $13 with delivery
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
Bubno1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2014 at 7:34pm
Just thought I'd bump up this thread and see if anyone else has any recommendations of good opks or hpts?
*Sara* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Sara* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2014 at 7:36pm
Baby4you are good, I got some cheapies off TradeMe last month and they worked fine, came with a free HPT as well
Bubno1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2014 at 7:38pm
Which ones do u use from baby4u Sara?
Oxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2014 at 7:42am
Baby 4 You Ovulation Predictor Test Kit works really well. So does wondfo green handle stick off trade me.

Edited by Oxy - 10 January 2014 at 7:46am

TTC#1 Jan 2009
*Sara* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Sara* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2014 at 8:59am
Oxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2014 at 9:10am
The seller I use on trade me is joeypansy

TTC#1 Jan 2009
miss_bling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss_bling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2014 at 8:05am
I use this seller on eBay in the UK. http://stores.ebay.com.au/klackstar
Takes about two weeks for delivery is the only thing but cheaper than anything I've seen here especially for hpt's.
Opks work well. Hpts hard to tell but assume they're good too- I haven't had a reason to test so far :)

binklemouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binklemouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2014 at 3:42pm
I have been using the ones from baby4you as well. They are the only ones I have tried but I'm happy with them!

<
 Post Reply Post Reply