FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFebruary 2015 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
LiBi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiBi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 9:57am
Hi all!

I have just migrated from the TWW forum...so strange! Please forgive the following blurb but pregnancy is all oh so new to me that everything seems worth writing down

Yesterday snowballed in such an unbelievably fast way, after having a surprising BFP I thought that going for blood work was what people did next so would go & see what happened.

The nurse was lovely & so genuinely happy for us. She took 4 VIALS OF BLOOD! I wondered if she was ever going to stop My blood pressure was good, normally I have low pressure but it has gone up nicely & the nurse was happy. She tested my urine & while she was gone I had a minor freak out "What if the BFP was a dud? I should have taken another to be sure! How embarrassing if she comes back with a negative test!!" Thankfully the nurse returned with confirmation that I am definitely pregnant She also said there was a tiny trace of blood in my urine but no sign of white blood cells, which was good because that could indicate a uterine infection but she would send it away with my blood just as a precautionary measure. Her helpfulness was so reassuring, she really got the ball rolling & said she would ask the dr to sign a script for some supplements, as well as refer me to the maternity clinic so the midwife would contact me at some point in the future. I thought the appointment was just to give blood but she took care of things I didn't know it was even time for

That morning was all very exciting & I felt quite fortunate to only have painful breasts as a symptom...whoops! spoke to soon it seems as the afternoon was spent curled up in blankets suffering from sudden & extreme fatigue, accompanied by an uncomfortably hot face. I pretty much stayed there until dinner & then went to bed...where I couldn't do more than doze all night! Normally I sleep like a log until morning but last night I was so uncomfortable for no particular reason & woke up feeling "blah." After feeding hubby & sending him off to work, I tried to feed my growling tummy but my mouth felt watery like it does when I become car sick & the thought of food made my throat close up. My appetite has pretty much disappeared for the last couple of weeks & I never thought that it could be associated with pregnancy because my understanding was that pregnant women crave & eat a lot! Being quite light in weight & not wanting to lose any more, I persevered & finally found something appealing - cold, easy to swallow banana & yogurt, YAY!

Everything seems to be happening so suddenly, it's really not how I expected!

Sponsored Links

JuniorO View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuniorO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 12:00pm
Congrats LiBi. Yes, it all seems quite overwhelming at first and I'm still at the "am I really pregnant stage?". I kind of don't want to believe it and get excited in case anything bad should happen.

This morning when I went for my antenatal blood tests, the technician was like "so, you're pregnant?". And I was like "I guess so... I think so... yes, I'm pregnant"!!
seaview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 4:48pm
Hello all new people. I've been lurking and keeping up to date. Have had two scans now and seen heartbeat twice but won't relax until 10 weeks. A bit annoying there isn't the private thread yet, they were very quick with the September one earlier in the year. I see there isn't on for December or January either! Not that I'm not grateful for these forums, they are great!

Edited by AngieBaby - 29 November 2014 at 8:45pm
tigermama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigermama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 4:48pm
Hi everybody, congratulations to all fellow pregnant mamas :-) I'm a newbie, could I please be added to the private thread too? Kinda don't want to say too much here in case anybody I know sees it. Staying superstitiously quiet for now. ;)

Edited by tigermama - 19 June 2014 at 4:50pm
stella125 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stella125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 5:18pm
Hey all! I'm preggy with buba number two. I'd like to join the private group 2

<
LiBi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LiBi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 7:28pm
Congratulations Stella!

JuniorO I felt just the same today at work, life just keeps on as normal & it feels like I'm acting out a fantasy to think "I'm pregnant" - like it's all in my head!

tigermama, hubby & I havent told anyone yet but plan to tell family this weekend. After posting on this website yesterday I suddenly thought "What if someone I know recognises me?!...that's unlikely, none of my close friends or family are pregnant...or maybe they are & they're on here keeping it a secret too!"

Rest assured that if I know you, I don't know that I know you so your surprise is safe with me
Pip146913 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip146913 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 7:35pm
Can I please be added to the private group? Just found this forum :)
Thisgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thisgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2014 at 10:14am
Hi,

Can I please be added to the private group if it is going yet?

I'm telling Family this weekend and am so excited, my parents are just adorable with children, my stepmum works for Porse and it is gorgeous to see the little faces light up when they see her in the morning.

They will be such awesome grandparents!
LiBi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiBi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2014 at 3:04pm
Hi ladies,

Could anyone please clarify exactly what the blood tests are for at the first visit to the nurse? I made the appointment thinking that my blood would be checked for progesterone & hcg levels to check that they were adequate for this stage of my pregnancy but the message on my phone from the nurse was to say all my bloods came back clear but they are still waiting on the rubella test?? Are they simply checking to see that I'm not currently suffering from any medical condition? Perhaps hcg & progesterone levels are only checked for women who have undergone fertility treatment? What has been your experience?

Please add me to the private forum when it is up & running
binklemouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote binklemouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2014 at 3:45pm
They test for HIV, Rubella immunity I think and mine has iron and B12 on it.
Not sure what else.
It says on my form 'pregnant'.

<
LiBi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiBi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2014 at 4:08pm
Thanks binklemouse
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2014 at 6:18pm
They test blood count, electrolytes, hepatitis b, c, HIV, syphilis and rubella status. Also blood group for rhesus status.
Don't normally check hcg unless you request it or there are problems. Hcg as a single test is of no use. You have to see the rise of hcg to get any meaningful info from it.
Also they normally check a urine for group b strep and uti's

Angel babies July '13, November '13 and June '14
Baby girl born 26/06/15
A147010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A147010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2014 at 3:08pm
Hi everyone, congratulations on your pregnancies.
I'm due at the end of feb

Edited by AngieBaby - 29 November 2014 at 8:46pm
Stoked View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2014 at 10:52pm
*Lurker in*

Congratulations Cuppycake - I hope your pregnancy is an easy one for you!

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 8 months or so...

*Lurker out*
stella125 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stella125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2014 at 9:11am
Is there actually a private group lol

<
seaview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2014 at 9:19am
No, no private group just the fb group.
MC February 2014

NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2014 at 9:24am
No private thread. I have tried sending a message to get it started but so far nothing yet!!!

Edited by AngieBaby - 29 November 2014 at 8:47pm
skygtr1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote skygtr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2014 at 11:37am
Hi everyone.
I just found out that I'm pregnant with #1. Soooo excited but also feel very nervous as I am only 4 weeks and still quite a while until 1st scan/ hearing heartbeat etc.
I would like to join the private fb page as well please
Sproget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sproget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2014 at 3:32pm
Due with #2 February 11th 2015. I have a 19month old daughter and have been TTC for 10 months. Had a miscarriage in March at 5weeks. Am now 6w 5d and had my first ultrasound today and everything looks normal :) Can someone add me to the facebook group? Becky Thompson
seaview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2014 at 3:51pm
And congrats everyone. Sproget we also have a pregnant after mc group on here that is quite active.
MC February 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>