FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMedication while pregnant/ breast feeding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
caitlinashleigh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlinashleigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medication while pregnant/ breast feeding
    Posted: 08 February 2015 at 2:28pm
Hi there!
I am suffering from terrible anxiety and depression, I am 32 weeks and trying so hard not to go on medication while pregnant. Am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on ways I could help myself through this time?

I have come to the conclusion that I will probably have to go on meds after baby is born, so am coming to the realization that I may not be able to breast feed during this time. What are your experiences with meds and pregnancy/ breast feeding?

Muchly appreciated :)
Sponsored Links

Mummyinc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mummyinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2015 at 11:10pm
Hi there, I have been breastfeeding and on Citolopram for 6months, you can absolutely breastfeed while taking anti depressents/ anti anxiety medication. I would see a nautropath re some things that maybe better during pregnancy, but of course if your really struggling now then see a Dr, and if they say you cant breastfeed seek a 2nd opinion, the first Dr i saw said id have to wean the second dr i saw ( the very next day) said there where multiple breastfeeding friendly antidepressants. There is a very good article on the kellyom website that i cant seem to find right now but maybe do some googling to try find it
Ready to try for our Winter Wildling to join Louie and Scarlett our Autumn and Summer Babies

Micaela147754 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micaela147754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2015 at 2:11am
Sorry to hear that you are suffering.
Excuse me if what I am suggesting is not new to you but maybe it's still worth trying. I also suffer from depression occasionally and what really helps me is physical exercise. Whatever you like, even walking ( a lot! ) helps.

It distracts you from negative thoughts at least for the time you do the exercise, and then it makes you exhausted and you sleep well which is another relief..
 Post Reply Post Reply