New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How do I manage 4 kids at 4 learning institutes as
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow do I manage 4 kids at 4 learning institutes as

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sharn210855 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharn210855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I manage 4 kids at 4 learning institutes as
    Posted: 08 July 2016 at 12:27pm
HELP!!!

I have 4 boys, and my first daughter on the way. My children range in age from 14 to 3, so I have a child in every phase of education currently:
- High school
- Intermediate
- Primary
- Kindergarten

My problem is, as a working mother, I am struggling with keeping up with what is happening in their daily lives. In term 2 alone I have let every single one of my children down by forgetting about a mufti day, a bake sale fundraiser, important assemblies, athletics days, etc. My pregnancy, relationship, home life is taking priority and my childrens school activities are the compromise. This saddeens me a lot, especially as I have just had my teen return home from living with his father at the beginning of the year, my second has also just returned home in the school holidays before Term 2, my third just started school in Term 2 and my baby is now by himself at kindy.

My partner does drop offs and pick ups, but doesn't pay much attention to notices. I receive all school notices via email, however they are coming in thick and fast daily. Some important, some not, and in the end everything just mashes. I'm far from being naturally organised but I need to do something!! Any advice from other busy mums on how they manage their childrens priorities as well as lifes priorities?? I want my kids to have it all but I'm losing my grip on their world.

HELP!!!
Sponsored Links

Laurz_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Laurz_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2016 at 7:20pm
I forget everything pretty much as soon as I read it. I only have 2 children, 1 at school and the other at preschool.
I find the easiest way to remember things is with a calendar in the kitchen as soon as I hear something is happening I put it on the calendar and because I go past it every day I don't forget.
Don't beat urself up though sounds like u r doing ur best and I couldn't imagine juggling 4 kids and 4 different schools, I take my hat off to u!

antheawren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote antheawren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2016 at 9:37am
Agree with what Laura said a calendar is a must! But also your older 2 are old enough to take some responsibility also! Get them to write things on the calendar as they tell you about them then hopefully it will become automatic for them!

Miscarriage 5 1/2 weeks Nov 14
Miscarriage 6 weeks September 15
Sharn210855 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharn210855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2016 at 11:47am
Thanks guys,

I guess with me not being at home, and notices coming through via email while I'm at work, that's not really working. It's great when I can add something straight to my Google calendar, but if the school doesn't provide a calendar entry then I completely forget, and it's usually this stuff my children don't tell me about until last minute. So I've decided to have my electronic calendar, I'll be buying a physical diary JUST for school stuff, and the kids can put things on the calendar in the kitchen, then it's just a matter of making sure they are all in sync. Another thing i'll be doing is getting a cork board for them to pin forms and notices to so they don't just get thrown on the bench to be binned accidentally. And finally, maybe a white board in each of their rooms to help them be more self managing, especially the older two. I'll let ya's know how I go...crossing my fingers and toes!
 Post Reply Post Reply