FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue June 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
MrsLowe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsLowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 4:50pm
Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on OhBaby.

I am due on 7 June, currently 5 weeks 2 days. This is my first. We found out last Thursday which was CD29. I took another test on Saturday to confirm it before we told my hubby's parents, and the line was lighter - but I'm putting that down to having less than six hour's sleep when I tested. That afternoon I felt so queasy I knew it was still happening!

I went to see the doctor on Wednesday. She didn't do any tests to confirm it, but sent me off for routine blood tests. I still don't quite believe it's all happening and I wish there was some way to know that everything is developing normally. The doctor said not to wait to look for a midwife as they book up quickly. She also said the fact that I'm already feeling sick is a good sign.

Symptoms so far:
- tender nips, sore bbs sometimes (I never get that)
- Strange sensations in the uterus area - not quite pain, hard to explain
- queasiness, particularly in the late afternoon. Haven't thrown up yet but apparently it gets worse after 6 weeks.
- Sensitivity to smells. I usually love eating white fish but when I had terakihi on my plate the other night the smell of it was awful!
- Back ache every now and then
- Lightheadedness

Last night I woke up very uncomfortable with a huge feeling of pressure in the uterus area. It felt like it does when you hold on for ages (if you know what I mean) but when I went to the toilet it didn't get any better. Then I had some backache and felt crampy like I do when I have my period. That got me quite worried. But I googled it today and other people have experienced it - apparently it's the uterus expanding to accommodate your growing baby. So a good sign! Anyone else feeling that?

Sorry for the long post! Hope everyone has a happy, smooth nine months!
Sponsored Links

kmat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 4:53pm
I am not sure if I'm imagining my symptoms or not haha. But I'm only 5 weeks and apparently the height of hcg is 10-12 weeks so it builds up to thenow.

Anyone wanting to join the fb group, you can also post your email here and I can add you by email.
lizzieg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzieg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 7:36pm
I can relate. I am sure I can see a small bump already, and I have also had weird cramping feelings down there, like a growth spurt, and I can't do up my jeans! I also have sore breasts. I didn't show for ages last time but apparently the second time around it is a lot quicker. Plus my husband is large. So baby could be too. I am only 6 weeks on Monday so this is happening very quickly.
lizzieg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzieg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 7:40pm
I might add it has been 12 years since my last one...so my memory is more than a little rusty and I feel like a first timer. Except that I am already looking for a bit of hired help when bubs comes (because I do remember the exhaustion) and it all seems very expensive.....
lizzieg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzieg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 7:42pm
Also, anyone worried about the odd twinge...the internet is not your friend. I managed to worry myself sick the other night after reading a study which showed drinking tea causes spina bifida by blocking folic acid. I had drunk loads of tea the month I conceived. Then, the next study found tea improved fertility. You can't win! Also last time I had morning sickness from week 3 and this time none. Apparently a sign of miscarriage according to one site. At that point I decided to stop googling.
kmat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 8:11pm
Haha yes definitely stop go ogling lizzieg. Come join our fb group! Still only a couple of us there
sugarbaby View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugarbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 9:02pm
Argh! I've become addicted to tea! Lol, and here I was thinking I was good giving up coffee.
I am way more paranoid this time around. I was on anti nausea meds by 6 weeks with my girls, but still not thrown up yet (almost five weeks). This is def our last one (ivf Bubbas) so I really hope it sticks ☺

sugarbaby View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugarbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 9:09pm
Please add me if it's private ☺
Cathiesiebert@gmail.com

lizzieg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzieg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 9:51pm
I can relate. I thought I would be way less paranoid this time round, but no.... worrier by nature....best thing is distraction. I hope we can all let go a bit.
lizzieg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzieg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 9:53pm
I'm not on fb at the moment but would love to join you...
sugarbaby View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugarbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 9:54pm
Facebook is my village. Haha. It keeps me sane

kmat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 9:56pm
Sugar baby I can't add by email on my phone and I won't be back on laptop until Monday. Can you add me as a friend
sugarbaby View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugarbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 10:01pm
Sure ☺

Bonnie7725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonnie7725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 10:26pm
The worrying is going to rip me over the edge! Have a great weekend everyone x
lizzieg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzieg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2016 at 8:43am
I think I've lost it...blood, quite a bit of it. I am OK. This is my first miscarriage. Can someone please give me some advice on how to confirm it? Blood test? I don't want to ruin anyone else's fun....but advice appreciated.
Bonnie7725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonnie7725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2016 at 8:46am
Hi Lizzie. Are you feeling ok? Any pain? Did you see my tissuebthat may have been a baby? When I miscarried at 10 weeks I could see the baby in the tissue. And I felt instant relief from the pain. I had no follow up bloods or scans but I should have to make sure everything was gone. Is there someone with you?
kmat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2016 at 9:06am
Hi lizzieg I had a loss at 6 weeks so about the same time as you maybe? I had cramping but not that severe, and the bleeding didn't let up it was just like a normal period but with clotting. I went for a blood test to confirm the numbers were going down. However I had some bright red blood on Tuesday night but it didn't continue, and that's meant to be ok. So if it's ongoing blood + cramps then head to Dr on Monday for a follow up blood test perhaps. Hope you're ok x
Hannah216470 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hannah216470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2016 at 11:01am
Congratulations everyone on their pregnancies. I am pregnant with my second child and estimated due date is the 6th of June. Could I please also be added to the Facebook group? My Facebook email is hannahspanna09@hotmail.com
Thanks
Hannah

Edited by Hannah216470 - 08 October 2016 at 11:03am
lizzieg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzieg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2016 at 7:04pm
Hi, yes cramping and the bleeding has continued into being like a heavey period, the cramping is mild but the bleeding is heavy. Plus my sore boobs have become normal. It's definitely a miscarriage. I had family coming over today so I told them and we had a day together and it sort of made me feel better. Though I feel pretty weird. I am heading off to the doctor tomorrow or I have the referral for the 7 week scan so I might use that and get a proper scanm, though I am sure this is a complete miscarriage. Thanks for your support.
lizzieg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzieg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2016 at 7:06pm
I was nearly 6 weeks so no I couldn't see the baby...Bonnie that would have been awful at 10 weeks. I am 42 so I imagine there must have been something wrong with bubs for this to happen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>