FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMIDWIFE Suggestions 2017 Christchurch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kristyl218504 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristyl218504 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MIDWIFE Suggestions 2017 Christchurch
    Posted: 14 December 2016 at 11:21am
Hi there,

I am around 4-5 weeks pregnant and due to having a blood disorder and having had a lot of operations for endometriosis I am considered high risk.

I am 31 and this is my first baby.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a really good midwife? I haven't my mother here so the support of someone a little more maternal probably would be nice.

I would like to give birth in St Georges Hospital in CHCH as I have heard good things.

Thanks for you help!
Sponsored Links

Sophie218610 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie218610 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2016 at 11:23am
Unfortunately I don't think you will be able to have your bubs at St Georges as you are "high risk" :-( but if your delivery goes smoothly and they have room available, you can get transfered there hrs after bubs arrives. I was transferred before my son was even 2hrs old!

My midwife is Suze Ferris. She's been incredible so far (I'm almost 21 weeks). I used Elizabeth Clink for my first baby and wouldn't recommend her, she was no support and left me and my OH to labour alone until I said I could feel baby coming, then had to press the buzzer to get her to come running into the room (pretty much the only time she was in the room).
doozie_soggles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doozie_soggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2016 at 4:49pm
High risk usually means Chch womens birth. In 32 & this is my 2nd (due early July). I got itp which is blood and platelete disorder with my first so am considered higher risk as had to have a csection so will be referred to obstetricians in the new yr for repeat csection & monitoring.
I had Maresse Mcevoy from Durham St midwives with #1 & she was great shes away when due nxt & we moved area so her partners wont come to us in Lincoln after the birth.
Am through Vanessa Oswell at Lincoln Maternity/Midwives this time after recomendations. Shes been great so far.
 Post Reply Post Reply