FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAllergy to Formula.. Alternative Options HELP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Emma22245 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emma22245 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allergy to Formula.. Alternative Options HELP
    Posted: 27 November 2017 at 9:01pm
Hi all,

I really need help with alternative formula options. I'm a loss at what to do next.

My wee girl (14 weeks) has had issues with not gaining enough weight for some time now. We were told to top her up with forumla but it took several weeks for her to start taking a bottle at which point I then had to have surgery to remove my gallbladder last week. So in a nutshell my milk supply is not what it was and even then I don't think it was enough for her.

I've tried cluster feeding and cluster expressing to up the supply but no luck.

We started using S26 Gold just over a week ago but my baby girl has developed a rash on her face which I think might be from the forumla. The rash has now turned into an infection and she has had to start taking antibiotics.

Her bottle feeds were mostly half breast milk (I get about 50 mls from one express session) and half formula.

The lactation consultant told me that if she is allergic to this formula then apparently she is likely allergic to all formula! This has left me completely lost at what I'm meant to do if my breastmilk is not enough for her and I can't give her formula - How am I meant to help her put on weight

I'm looking for advice on alternative formula I can try. I've read about ones with goats milk and soy protein. Te lactation consultant said soy only ones are not good for a first formula. If anyone has any ideas I am all ears.

Please help
Thanks Emma
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply