FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAugust ’07 Mums to be

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 189>
Author
KT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: August ’07 Mums to be
    Posted: 10 December 2006 at 3:42pm
Hi All

I am totally new here - I am due on Aug 7th with my first. It's was a little surprise for us.

I'd love to meet other Mums due in August and compare symptoms. It's such a crazy feeling having a little things growing inside you - anyone else feel that way?

I'm tired all the time and it seems like after only 6 weeks my tummy has already popped out (I don't think it's my imagination). Has that happened to anyone else?

K
Sponsored Links

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2006 at 3:52pm
Well done and congrats!
Seems a world ago that i found out i was expecting an august bubba.. and it was.. 4 years ago last week!
I had kinda been hoping i would be able to start up this thread fort his year. but alas, AF arrived this morning, 7 days early. so I guess that's a no for me.
Good luck and congrats.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2006 at 4:19pm
Hi and welcome KT. Obviously I'm not an August mum but I can relate to the tummy thing. I'm not a big person (even now I'm being asked how many months to go ) but at 7 weeks preg with this one I had grown out of my brand new jeans and that's what sent me off to re-check my two BFNs lol
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2006 at 4:41pm
Sticky!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
stars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2006 at 8:13am

Hi there, I am due on the 12th August. I was 5 weeks yesterday.
Haven't started feeling sick yet, they say that kicks in around 6 weeks! In a way i am sort of hoping for it so at least i feel pregnant!
I'm getting really tired in the avo's though and my nipples are much bigger and really sore!
What are you other pregnancy symptoms?
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 12:21pm
Hi and congratulations to the Augusts mums to be.
I thought the whole tired feeling and sore nipples were enough for me lol, I got sick feeling but was lucky no proper ms.
Im due in June, its so exciting seeing August mums, I cant believe how quickly times flying by already.
This pregnancy I started showing at 8wks, and Im looking like I did at 5months with Haleigh.
All the best for you pregnancies.
Look forward ot reading your updates
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 6:36pm
Hi all

I'm due August 23rd! Seems like such a long way off!!! Fingers crossed that MS will pass me by and I'll be able to fit all my clothes for a long while yet!

Looking forward to chatting to all the mummies to B!

Julie
stars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2006 at 8:44am
August does seem such a long way off, but i think time will go really fast and we will have our babies before we know it!!!
I am now 6 weeks & 2 days and have a scan on Thursday, so am really hoping we will be able to see the heartbeat!
Boobs are really sore at the moment and feeling a little bit nauseaus from time to time but nothing too bad yet, the tiredness is quite hard though, am struggling to get out and do exercise after work, just want to go home to sleep! How is everyone else feeling?
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2006 at 4:16pm
Oh let me know how your scan goes. I've got mine on the 29th, so a week on Friday. By then I think I should be around 6 weeks. The whole point of the scan is to get a better idea of when I'm due.

My boobs are only sore at night when I take my bra off. I think i'll probably end up having to sleep with it on! Doesn't help that I'm already a DD!

I keep getting cramps, I'm putting it down to my uterus growing! I figure that's a good enough reason anyway!

As for exercise, in the New Year I think I'll start doing preggie yoga and keep up the walking. I'm off work till the 7th of February, so hopefully I'll get into a nice healthy routine.

sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2006 at 4:36pm
Forgot to add, am finding it really hard to keep it all a secret. Especially with my friends who expect to have a glass of wine every five minutes!!!
Lil Nut Nuts Mum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Nut Nuts Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2006 at 2:44pm
We I have just found out last weekend that I was pregnant, we were only trying for a few months and we are over the moon.

Am now getting a little stressed as I don't want to do anything wrong it is my first pregnancy,

Please tell me I am not the only one that feels like this

Edited by Yvette
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2006 at 3:37pm
Yvette I am totally the same as you! I'm a worrier at the best of times, now that I'm pregnant, I've never been worse! I can't believe I've got another 35 weeks of this! To make things even worse, a close friend at work was sent to the doctors today with a suspected case of German Measles! I just have to wait it out till tomorrow till she gets her results back

How far along are you?

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Nut Nuts Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2006 at 3:57pm
I am 4.5 weeks. I am feeling really blue and have just been in tears.

It is very strange I was so impatient to get pregnant and I know I am happy but am feeling all these funny emotions.

I am really scared of something going wrong
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2006 at 4:09pm
It's definitely the hormones! Chin up!

We found out last Wednesday, so I've only known for 8 days, and it has definitely been 8 days of rolla coaster ups and downs.

Last week I was very emotional and worried. I've had a miscarriage before and my first thoughts were it will happen again. However, 8 days wiser, I'm not going down that road. I'm going to stay positive!

I had my work christmas party two weeks ago, so I would have been 3 weeks pregnant, and had a bottle of wine! I've done my worrying about that!

I've found this site really good for easing my mind about things. Right now it's food worries!

I guess you just have to try and push those bad thoughts to the back of your mind. In saying that, I know it's easier said than done!

Least we've got this site to chat everyone, and everyone is either in a similar boat or has been!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Nut Nuts Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2006 at 4:09pm
I am also slight confused with my dates - you may be able to help

I was doing ovulation tests so know the exact date of conception which makes me 3 weeks prega's

However even after telling the doctor this she still calculated my due date based on my LMP making me 4.5 weeks.
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2006 at 4:19pm
My dates aren't in stone either. The doctor first took it from my LMP, which made me 9 weeks. I knew in my heart that I wasn't that far along, so had a blood test to see my hormone levels, they came back at 4.5 weeks. I'm also booked in for a scan next Friday, just to double check.

I think it's normal to date a pregnancy from your LMP, then when you have your scans they are a bit more precise (someone correct me if I'm wrong?)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Nut Nuts Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2006 at 4:38pm
Sorry to hear of your Miscarriage - this one will stay in you belly for nine months

Yeah I will need to sort out a midwife and get a scan it is always good to know for sure.

My Doctor told me they will know once I have done a scan.

It was definatley the best chrissie pressie
stars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 8:34am
Hi there, I am almost 7 weeks and had my scan yesterday. It was amazing, I saw the little heartbeat, was so neat to see! It also really confirmed everything for me, to let me know that there actually is a little baby in there, i have been finding the pregnancy all hard to believe! I am really excited now and feeling really positive about the whole thing.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Nut Nuts Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 8:54am
Hey.

Yeah I would really like confirmation it is hard to believe.

My doctor told me I was not going to have a scan till march this is very strange.

Are you with a doctor or Midwife?

sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 8:56am
Thats so cool!!! It must have been so neat to see your little baby's heartbeat!! One week today and it will be my turn!

I've been feeling quite gross in the mornings. I know they say to eat something like crackers before getting out of bed, but the thought makes me even more sick. Today I just lay there from about 7 till half 8! Good thing I'm on holiday from now till the 7th of February, or I would be having some late starts to work!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 189>