FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe original OHbaby! babies are turning 4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The original OHbaby! babies are turning 4
    Posted: 17 March 2007 at 8:54am
There are a few of us here that have been here since the very beginning of OHbaby! way back in 2003, and the 'babies' whose sleep habits, feeding and teething we commiserated about then are turning 4. So to kick off the new Kindy and Beyond board I thought I'd see what they're up to now?

I'm thinking of Alyssa, Sophie, Maya.... is there anyone else still around from back then?
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 9:02am
not me, i think i joined about dec 2004, but just wanted to say thanks to the originals for kickstarting a truly great place to come and chat/rant

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 9:33am
Second that Jack's Mum!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 12:37pm
i joined when jade was little baby (was before i was preg with emma) but wasnt around much then and then i forgot my details (argh me!) wish i had of been more active in it back then could of saved me a lot of blah that i was feeling especially going through emmas pregnancy when i was deeply depressed and somewhat of a mess. anyways i wasnt... but its a great idea-
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 2:42pm
I cant remember when i originally joined, would have been around 3 years ago (Kobe is 3 on monday)
Happy birthday to everyone turning 4!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 7:10pm
Paris... he he, i didn't come back till i think she was about 8 months, but joined the night before i had her... 4th august 2003. lol.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 8:22pm
I didn't join until I was pregnant with Briona, or just had her, and not really active until a year later so wasn't me.... but Hannah is turning 4 at the end of this year and I've just been thinking lately of how old that makes me feel!!!
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 8:49pm
I joined while I was pregnant with Josiah... I think it was around November 2004...

and my baby girl is 6 in 11 days! (and then Josiah is 2 five weeks later!)
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 9:31pm
  I joined around Feb 05  and love it can't think of a better place to visit.
Deborah Mum to:

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 10:54pm
Well go on Janine then - update! I did think about Paris, but I didn't remember you posting till she was a wee bit older. But we still want to hear all about her (well I do anyways!)
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2007 at 10:16am
Good Idea, Lissy is almost 4, will be on the 8th of april. She is amping to go to morning kindy. Has lots of really good friends and loves living at the beach. We are moving next week (about 3 houses up the road) and She will get her own room. She is so excited about that. Has a slight obsession with the number 52 at the moment, I so dont know what that is about

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2007 at 2:25pm
whos girl is sophie?

wow some of you guys have been on it for ages, thats really cool
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2007 at 4:36pm
Sophie is Lou's daughter
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2007 at 8:07pm
Where's Maya's update? did i miss it. (seriously, did i?)

He he, paris is crazy, already in daycare so will more than likely stick with that instead of going to kindy. Instead is looking forward to school.. waaay forward, coming up far to close - we are auditioning schools at the mo, there were 3 we were considering but now down to one definate - that i went to, and we are going to have to move to be in the zoning for it but definately worth it. she thinks we chose it cos it has 3 playgrounds! which obviously is very important when considering schools. she is crazy nuts with dancing, cracks me up, and is so bossy. she comes out with the most matter of fact adult sayings, mike got a new phone yesterday - and she said to him today "if you keep playing with that phone instead of us then mummy will have to take it away from you". BOSS - SSY

Edited by mum2paris

Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2007 at 8:22pm
wot school did u go to???? im thinking of either milson or russell street for my master 4
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2007 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by mum2paris mum2paris wrote:

Where's Maya's update? did i miss it. (seriously, did i?)

No you didn't - I'm just a slacker

Miss Maya - what can I say? She talks 100 miles an hour, is on the go from the time she wakes up till she finally crashes out at bedtime, loves Montessori and is thriving there. She can write her own name, recognise and write all the letters of the alphabet and numbers up to 20, is reading simple words like "the" "and" etc. Loves drawing, her fave thing to draw atm is maps, they must have been learning about them at preschool coz she draws X's on them and when I asked her what X means she said "X marks the spot"

She loves her baby sisters to bits, picks out which nappies/clothes they are going to wear, tries to feed them (they mostly laugh at her) and loves singing to them when they are in their JJ's and turning their lullaby CD on when they go to bed.

She does swimming lessons once a week, loves the water (always has, my little Pisces) and is learning backstroke. She also does ballet once a week which she enjoys, I think she fancies herself as a ballerina, which is kinda funny coz she is a bit of a tomboy.

Oh and she is big into music atm. She knows all the words to Beyonce's Irreplaceable, Omarion's (sp) Icebox, and that new Akon song I can' remember the name of. She has all the MTV moves down pat too, altho who knows where she gets them from coz she never watches it here

We've got her enrolled in Marist primary for next year, and are looking at the "One Day School" gifted kids programe where they go one day a week instead of going to normal school and do an extension programme as preschool think she is "gifted" (to put a horrible label on it ), which is something Plunket have been telling us since she was 5 months old. Brains from Mummy, looks from Daddy I reckon

Oh and she has a "lithp", we took her to see a speech therapist and she will apparently grow out of it once she loses her baby teeth coz her adult teeth are bigger and will force her tongue back where it should be.

Well Janine - you asked!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2007 at 10:49pm

Originally posted by Xandersmum Xandersmum wrote:

im thinking of either milson or russell street for my master 4

I wouldn't be looking at Milson at the moment if you can help it. My mum works at a school in Palmy and they have a couple of teachers that have moved to her school from Milson and they hated it there. One teacher lasted 1 term there due to the pressure put on her from the principal. She said that the children aren't getting the quality of teaching from the teachers due to the pressure on the teachers.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 8:36am
I went to central normal. I went to west end too which are both good schools, but central normal is just so much nicer. We have gone and had a good look around them and found that both russell st and milson were very easy for kids to just wander in and out of, no set gates etc.. now i know it sounds stupid but central is fully fenced - even if it's just a knee height one in some places, it's more modern, the teachers nad headmaster are wonderful (Mr smith is awesome! he was there when i was i think!) and the playground areas are well kept, and not right next to the roadside or shrouded in trees. I think my one biggest fear about sending them to school is them being taken from school or going outside school grounds - simply cos daycare is so well fenced and monitored etc.   but milson, we walked around the other day.. is not as well kept, the playground is for big big big kids.. ie, me an dmike had trouble playing on it cos it's a huge obstacle course. And theres a park right on the outskirts of it.. which opens out to the roadside and is far removed from the school.   russel st is apparently a good school too but i didn't think it had the same appeal and looks much smaller.     Anyway, all the ramblings. Central is great, we are willing to move just so the girls can go there.

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 8:38am
have looked at their zoning and it's pretty darn small. means i would have to move closer to mums.

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 8:46am
Oh just want ot add Central is great I went there too and yes Mr Smith was there with us too Janine scarey to think he is still there.
Deborah Mum to:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>