FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwhen to start charting?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: when to start charting?
    Posted: 25 March 2007 at 12:26pm
We have not started ttc yet but are keen to have small gap between our kiddies. My problem is that because I'm b'feeding bubs, my period is no where to be seen. Does that mean there is no use for me to start charting now? Should I wait until I get my period and start charting then? I have never done any charting before either so not too sure how it works - I just want to be ready for when my period finally arrives.
Also (please don't laugh too hard - I'm new to this ) I'm guessing my period data from before the pregnancy will now be useless to determine fertile days?

Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2007 at 12:50pm
Since your PP you can start charting whenever you want. But ideally you will need to wait for your AF which could still be months away.

Good luck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2007 at 12:54pm
I'm too impatient to wait.
Would charting now provide any useful info? At least I'll feel like I'm doing something...

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2007 at 2:03pm
Well it could tell you when you ovulate which would also be a good indication of when AF would be due.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 4:26am
Would I still ovulate even though I don't have af? Or do you mean I'll catch the 1st time I ovulate before I get af? Sorry - I'm quite confused as new to this

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 7:13am
Either or really you can still get your period and not ovulate but then again being PP you will be fairly fertile so will most likely ovulate. If you havent already

Yes it is possible to have long cycles and not ovulate. Bubs is only 6 weeks old so its still possible that you havent.
 Post Reply Post Reply