FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMama Pads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
LuluBelle85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuluBelle85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mama Pads
    Posted: 02 April 2007 at 10:19am
Ok, So not a nappy question, but kinda related.

Does anyone use cloth pads?

I have really heavy flows but next cycle I am going to try some out, just wanting to get some feedback from those who use them?

I wanted to use a mooncup, but think my flow might be too heavy.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 10:30am
I havent but they kinda grossed me out LOL i didnt wanna have to deal with that when mine are awful and TMI Clotty... ick!! hehe
LuluBelle85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuluBelle85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 10:52am
Mine are like that too, but I still have to deal with all that with regular pads and I go through like pack a day (of the massive surfboard goodnights ones), what a waste of money! So I'm used to having to clean sheets and clothing etc anyway.

Sorry if this is TMI for some of you (see, I'm so used it, it doesn't gross me out in the least, haha!)

SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 11:02am
I would actually go with the mooncup. Heard good things of them. I must actually just order mine. (a bit scared to insert it however.) You can just take it out more often and clean it and then dont have to deal with washing.

My one friend is going to go cloth for post partum bleeding. And she made a few different ones with different feels to it. So will give you an update on what she says is best for her when she gets to use them.

kell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 11:55am
Ive heard from friends that they are bleeding less with using cups! I still cant wrap my head around them...im trying....
Kayla Rose is now 4!
James Sydney is nearly 2!
Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 12:27pm
I love the idea of a moon cup and am thinking that I might try one out after the baby is born (when it is safe to)
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 12:52pm

2 weeks after having the baby skyflame.

I'm with Jess mine are like hers and to throw something away is alot nicer than washing it.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 1:01pm
Ew... I personally find throwing it away way grosser than washing! Just me tho! (And this is only a recent development)

I am ordering a moon cup very soon.

I'd use cloth pads if I was a pad girl... but I'm not.

Apparently moon cups are quite good for heavy flows... you just might have to empty it more often.

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 1:22pm
I use a mooncup and cloth pads and I love them!!!

i save so much money,they are far more comfortable not to mention you end up with lighter periods using them (don't ask me how but honestly it works!!! I'll see if I can find the link for the info) not mention cloth pads are so much more funky than boring throw away pads!

There's really nothing gross about it..after all, we are parents we deal with a lot worse!

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 1:24pm
By the way Lou, you may not find your flow too heavy with a mooncup either, they do hold quite a lot, I would only have to empty mine once a day and I've got an average flow.

Edited by Paws

jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 1:25pm
I agree with Paws, I use the same system - a mooncup and a few cloth pads (liner weight) just in case of leaks. My period typically lasts 6-8 days and is heavy throughout, and I wish I'd found the mooncup sooner!
Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 1:32pm
Whats a mooncup? I have never heard of this?

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 1:35pm
A Mooncup is a silicone cup that sits just inside the vagina and collects the blood. You simply pull it out, empty, rinse and re-insert.

They are great because the majoity of people end up with lighter periods (I believe it's becuase they sit lower is there is nothing irritating the cervix) and at $55 it's a bargin! They last 10 years so it's not hard to do the maths and figure the savings!

Mooncup Link

Edited by Paws

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 1:52pm
Ewwwwww I would rather throw it away than wash blood. I remember when I found out about a mooncup and showed DH the link online he thought it was gross too.
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 1:55pm
Personally I think it's just as gross to have that sitting in my rubbish for a week . But hey each to thier own.

Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 2:00pm
I am with paws, pads in rubbish - ewwwwww
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 2:04pm
If we didn't bleed each month, none of us would have been able to have our babies.
Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 2:07pm
very good call Jax!!!
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 2:08pm
i'll say!!

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 2:39pm
so... if you're out and about and need to empty it, where do you rinse the moon cup? in the public bathroom? or does the water have to be sterile?

I'm not convinced on the hygiene side I'm sorry.

I'm going to get some FBs cloth pads with my next comms pay, just enough to give them a go and decide from there. I don't think it would be any worse than dealing with a cloth nappy after a sh*tty explosion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>