FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedeleveit (sp?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: eleveit (sp?)
    Posted: 10 April 2007 at 9:17pm
I was thinking about starting this as we a ttc #3 how ever am I abled to take it with iron pill's or should I wait till after i have finished with the iron pill's?  I guess I could ask a chemist, but will prob forget next time I am in so thought i was see if any of you lovely ladies would know.
Deborah Mum to:

Sponsored Links

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 9:22pm
am unsure cos elevit would have iron in it too, so watch that you don't overdose on it.

how about just starting on some apo-folic folic acid pills to get the folic acid you need which wouldn't affect the iron tabs i think (might want to make sure on that one).. plus are wayyy cheaper while on the $$ while you are TTC. elevit are mega expensive.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 9:25pm
Can you buy folic over the counter.  It's jsut I don't really want ot go back to my Doc juat at the momnet owe far too much money oh and not keen on her knowng we are ttc.  Will leave that till we actually are pregnant.
Deborah Mum to:

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 9:55pm
yes you can, you can get some for around $9 at the chemist and it has the right amount you need to take (can't remember the name, my midwife told me to get this one)
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 9:58pm
There are some called APO-folic, they are $9.95 at my chem, are 800mcg (RDI), 4 months supply. A LOT cheaper than elevit, although I know elevit does have added nutrients etc but I can't justify the cost at the moment.
justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 10:06pm

hey deborah

I use elevit & was advised by my chemist that it is recommended to use both before during & after having baby. You don't need to take any more iron tablets while taking elevit (unless you have been told that you need to by your doc - because elevit provides you with the adequate amount you & baby need. (This is what my pharmacist advised me.  He said it had been tested & was the only one they recommended to pregnant women & those TTC.)

I was on a different multivitamin but was advised not to take it anymore once I fell pregnant because there were some other things in my multivitamin that were not recommended & also there wasn't enough tests done on the other ingredients. You can purchase elevit cheaper online - www.radiuspharmacy.co.nz  I bought my first lot from our local pharmacy then realised it was much cheaper purchasing online.

Good luck

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 10:25pm
IT is really expensive ($1 a tablet) and if you want to go the cheap way go the a health store and get some folic acid that way. I know vit companies do them on their own.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 10:36am

Yes it is really expensive. Other individual supplements which don't contain the other vitamins & minerals that this one does will certainly be cheaper  

Folic acid & iron are the biggies.

The main reason I stuck with it was because I was advised I shouldn't go straight  from being on a really good multivitamin which I had been for the past few years to nothing because my system was used to getting all these extra bits & bobs & baby would also be used to this so I just hopped onto elevit to keep every churning as it had been.

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 10:41am
i would just go for the folic acid myself. i have with all my pregancies, and only once i found out i was pregnant so from around 4 weeks pregnant. i have had iron pilss all times too.
Bumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 10:47am
I am on Blackmores Pregnancy and Breast-Feeding Gold. This was recommended to me by a Naturopath. It has all of the Omega-3's which she said will help with my PND.
formerly known as "Bee"

Ethan ~ March 2003 Big 6 year old school boy!
Micah ~ Aug 2008 ~ Smiley pants who loves telephones!
mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 12:06pm
bee- that sounds good.
Bumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2007 at 10:11am
Not too expensive either.. $22 for 45 capsules
formerly known as "Bee"

Bumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2007 at 10:14am
Just had a look at www.radiuspharmacy.co.nz and they are only $19.95 there!
formerly known as "Bee"

Post Reply Post Reply