FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSwaddlebees

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swaddlebees
    Posted: 23 April 2007 at 1:24pm
I have been researching for ages and DF and I have fallen in love with swaddlebees. Does anyone else use them and what shortcomings have you noticed? Also what inserts do you use for day/ night?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 2:20pm
i used swaddlebees on charli and didn't have any problems. i wouldn't recommend them for night time though as there isn't much room to stuff enough in them. because of the way they are cut through the crotch they are a really trim fitting nappy.

i used them on jack for a month or so and then we started getting leaks so got rid of them.

they are great nappies but i prefer joel-eze

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 2:21pm
oh yeah..i only ever used the swaddlebee microfibre insert it came with because it was shaped to fit

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 2:29pm
Prob not the best for overnight, a good trim nappy for days but if they arent stuffed right or with enough they do tend to leak.
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 2:52pm
Yep - a very trim nappy. Noah could never fit the smalls that came in the hire kit. He was 9lb at birth and just too big

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 3:28pm
Thats what I was thinking...how do you stuff more in? So Leish, Noah didnt fit the small?????? That is interesting. We need to do even more research I think. dont want to buy a whole lot of smalls only to find none work.

Bugger!!
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 5:51pm
See if you can get an approx size from a scan or your MW. I had a scan at 38 weeks and they said she was going to be at least 9lb and she was 9lb 7.5oz
In hindsight I should have waited a couple of weeks after I had her then gone straight into the mediums, but I had already bought the smalls and I'm VERY impatient with new stuff
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 6:38pm
I think they way you could stuff more in is by using a trim and absorbant fibre. You could get an insert + a booster in them pretty easily and that should be ok for a few hours.

You couldn't really fold up a flat into a pad, which is a disadvantage.

But yeah, cute naps - really trim. And looooovely organic velour!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by nikkiwhyte nikkiwhyte wrote:

And looooovely organic velour!

I cant stop rubbing it against my face.....do you think that might stop once bubs uses them
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 8:17pm
I've got a couple of the Swaddlebees AIO's and I have to agree - they are super trim. They looked really small (I bought mediums) but they actually fit the gremlins (approx 7kg) really well on the tightest snaps. I like that the AIO also has a pocket so you can boost it, altho it would probably only fit one booster in it. It lasted 2 hours without leaking but it was full to capacity so any longer and it would have needed boosting. Ooooh, and the organic velour is loooooovely!

Nikki, I am keen to get my grubby mits on a pair of the Swaddlebees pockets, might PM you...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 8:35pm
Emma, did you use the medium on the gremlins when they were newborn?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 9:02pm
nzpiper, charli was in a sz sml up until she was about 5mths. she was 7lbs 6oz at birth and just over 6kgs when she got abit to big for it

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 9:54pm
I never bought smalls, they were in sposies until 2 weeks, then in flats with medium covers till 8 weeks and then straight into medium pockets. And they were smallish-average birthweights (just under and just over 7lb).
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 10:12pm
Oh so much to think about!!!! I am going to have to get a selection....and I wanted them all the same and colour coordinated
kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2007 at 12:33am
I have Swaddlebee's and love them, we had a few probs with leakage to start with but once the inserts had been washed a few more times they were fine. I got 2 hemp inserts also and they also take a few extra washes for absorbancy. I also put the outers in a hot dryer to "seal" needle prick holes which helped. I have found the care of them soooo easy, I still have a few days where I use sposies but thats on 'my' bad day and can't face doing washing. I haven't used them on Ashlyn o/n as she is a very heavy wetter but Anastasia can go thru the night without wetting thru. I have found if they are stuffed too full the elastic around the legs doesn't meet the skin and can be the cause of leaks but sometimes its just a matter of fitting them in flatter. I have folded flats and used as boosters which work fine. I dont have much to compare to as the only other mcn I have are 2 peapods which work fine but the quality just doesn't compare, although I love the inserts for the peapods and use them with the sb's with a microfibre - great combination. The colours a beeeautiful (don't want to cover them) and look as good as new wash after wash. "Dirty" nappies aren't a problem, I have even stopped using liners (except when using creams) poos comes off the valour very easy. Would def recommend getting some hemp inserts as they are mush trimmer & hold more, I havn't used bamboo as yet but think I might look into that soon.
Both my girls are in the large but there is a good fitting range with the row of pops. For newborn, maybe you would be able to get by just with a hire kit - not sure how long you hire them for.
Good luck with the research, & you will still be able to rub them against your face after bubs uses them as they come up looking brand new everytime sofar!!
Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2007 at 8:01am
thanks for that. Does anyone know where you get hire kits from in Christchurch?
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2007 at 10:33am
Will get onto it for ya

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2007 at 11:49am
i would recommend getting a few different brands to try anyway nzpiper. most brands have the same colour selection anyway i've found. when i first started with mcn's i wanted mommy's touch only, now i've got fuzzi's, peapods and joel-eze (my fave)

variety is the spice of life

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2007 at 1:46pm
I've got a couple of swaddlebees, I think they look really cool cause they do look very trim! Can't wait to actually try them out!
kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2007 at 3:07am
I got mine from Mum and Bubs, Breezes Rd, but check on the website as they had a new address, not sure if this is additional or they have moved & I delt with Amy - very helpful!! mum and bubs
Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>