FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat do you use at night??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you use at night??
    Posted: 27 April 2007 at 9:05pm
I had a talk with DH and as i'm going back to work we can't do the MCN thing all the time but once we have used all the disposables up we are looking at doing MCN's at night and on the weekends. So i'm wanting to know what is best for us?? I've had a look around and like the AIO for DH's sake but am a bit worried about drying (but we do have a fire so shouldn't be too much of a problem) as I have read that they do take longer to dry. I'm thinking of having a fuzzi (probably you Amiee, as I would rather help out an OHBaby person) person to come around so I can see those (and hopefully I can see one tomorrow with Stacey). But mainly i'm looking at overnight nappies. Josh is already sleeping through the night so i'd need something that will take a lot of wee. I did have a read of Toni's thread to get a little idea. but me being a cloth virgin it went all over my head .
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Sponsored Links

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2007 at 9:08pm
Well we use a fuzzi with 3 inserts for our little super wetter and that does her all night no worries.

Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2007 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Paws Paws wrote:

Well we use a fuzzi with 3 inserts for our little super wetter and that does her all night no worries.

Are these the Fuzzi inserts?? 'Normal' ones or the boosters??? (sorry if these are dumb questions, I'm also trying to get my head around the night time thing)
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2007 at 9:25pm
we use a variety of mcn brands overnight and they are all as good as the other (peapod, joel-eze and fuzzi) the 'stuffings' we've found work for both kidlets for 12-14hrs is a peapod insert (hemp flat folded into 3) and a prefold. when we have no peapod inserts clean we use 2 microfibre inserts and a hemp insert (tweedle) which is still ok for 12hrs or so.

if you were worried about DH's ability to stuff a nappy, maybe you could do them in the morning ready to put on at night?

Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2007 at 9:28pm
what's a prefold??
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2007 at 10:38pm
It's a flat nappy with an extra thick panel thru the middle, Snazzipants have a pic of them on their site. You can use them like a traditional flat, just folded with pins/snappi and a cover, or as stuffing in a pocket. They are superabsorbent.

We use Ecobubs wool pockets for night stuffed with either an Ecobubs hemp/microfibre insert or a Peapod Hemp insert + a cotton flat or a prefold. My girls do approx 14 hours in them.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2007 at 7:32am
I'll bring one of each type so you can see them today if you want
 Post Reply Post Reply