FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNaming baby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Naming baby
    Posted: 02 May 2007 at 1:16pm
Was just wondering, how many of you ever actually named your babys that you lost.   We had pretty much set our sights on naming our baby Sage, either way, for girl or boy. so we are sticking with that.   

You don't have to share if you don't want to. Just wondering what others have done.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 1:18pm
Never named the first one, to be honest was more interesting in pretending that it never happened at the time

But we named our last baby Te Anahera Pono after a dream I had, and when I ever get around to it I am going to get a tattoo for baby.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 1:29pm
I have always wanted a tattoo but could never find one or think of anything i wanted. However after we had our second scan, we were sitting there one night and it came to me. Somehow, monarchs have been incorporated into alot of our lives.. our garden is full of them constantly they come and land on the swing when the girls are on it. So i thought i would get a tattoo done of two monarch butterflies on a branch with a chrysalis on it to symbolise the stages of our children. it just popped into my head as the right one to get.

I also think it's because i want one that no-one needs to know about.. in other words.. if they see it normally they might think "oh, that's nice, how pretty" but they don't need to know the meaning unless i chose to share it with them.

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 1:29pm
not really but i always think of them as my angels hence the my2angels which also refers to my two living angels aswell as the ones I lost.
sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 1:30pm
We didn't name our lost baby but I did think about it. I think it is a very nice thing to do.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 1:37pm
I like the butterfly idea Janine, very symbolic.

When I get the time and money I am going to have the one of the gremlins names linked to a smaller tattoo which is about an inch below it with a design incorporating carp and the ocean which are symbolic of family and togetherness.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 1:41pm
yeah Im getting my tattoo on friday and its basically stars down my back with the kids names in it, I chose stars because they are also for the twins. I always think loved ones who has passed are now stars so I kind of thought it represents them all. I was thinking of getting the chinese symbol for angel in one of the stars but think it might look a bit funny.
Annnnnd after just posting my first reply on here I was having a nosey on the treasures forum and someone there has joined up calling themselves my 2 angels
I know its silly but I feel a bit annoyed about it to be honest, mainly cos as i have only just mentioned to me that is my lost babies and now someone is using the name!!!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 2:11pm
I know what you mean about having your name "nicked" Robyn cause on another forum I looked into, someone else is "busymum" and apart from thinking "I said what...?" every time I forget it's her not me, it feels a bit strange. And that's without the extra meaning your name has.

Janine we never named our "girl", probably because we hadn't known we were pregnant first. But my SIL named her daughter Sarah Hope. I think that would have been her baby's name as well. They have a framed name and dates on their mantle.

I'm no fan of needles but for the tattooing kind, I really like the monarch idea. It's almost like "the baby who has flown away like a fairy" in my mind too - just from reading about the butterflies in your earlier post. I think that's really lovely.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 2:14pm
that's ok to feel annoyed. we all know the naming saga i have had with my little sis.. i mean i wouldn't mind in normal circumstances but each time she has ONLY chosen the one name we had picked for a boys name.. to use as her little boys names.
I am worried to tell mum that we have named baby. I do not know if she ever told carrie what we were planning to call it anyway. i spose hopefully she wouldn't be so cruel as to name her baby Sage knowing that's what we called ours. Better to tell her i spose though in case she decided to use it..    I think that would be the last straw.

SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 2:20pm
I was more obsessed with trying to find out why had the mc and why my periods was non-existent. I think because it was so early for me as well that I just never did it.

I also feel that a part of my baby is in McKayla. I have friends (another forum for mc's) that have made charms for their bracelet for every baby that they have lost. Something special and only they know the meaning of it.

As well as a special Christmas ornament for each baby. Others have name for all their angel babies ect. Others even plant trees or special flowers.

I just get too sad when I think about it but since having McKayla I dont think too much about it until I think of ttc again.

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 6:57pm
I think I said before, when my friend was younger her parents lost a baby and let her name him, she was three at the time and called him rainbow
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 10:50pm
I lost a baby at about 8 weeks three years ago. I didn't know I was pregnant until the miscarriage, but I still grieved for the baby. I've always felt that it was a boy, and I named him Jesse. Nat was never as sure as me that it was a miscarriage, until he heard my midwife with Xavier call it one based on my description of what happened. He recently said that Jesse was a good name.
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 1:55pm
I had a very heavy and clotty bleed with Jacob before I knew I was pregnant (well, the day I found out) and I actually thought one of the clots looked like a baby (I t=know this is TMI) I cried and cried, becasue I thought the baby I suspected I was having was gone. My HGCs went from sky sky high to very low, so it was a whole weekend of not knowing. Of couse, it turned out ok, but I still think that Jacob was a twin, and in my mind, that baby was Matthew.
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 2:09pm
I had a MC at 14 weeks 6 yrs ago and we knew it was a boy so we always refered to him as "little boy blue" not sure why or even how it came about but yeah. I also had a MC last june at 6 weeks and we thought it was a gilr so had nicnamed her "Lily pie".
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2007 at 10:43pm
We haven't named our baby that we lost - I'm not sure if I am in denial that it never happened, or just don't want to name it. I was given a yellow living gerbera plant the day we found out on our ultra-sound that baby had no heartbeat, so I will treasure that and remember baby with that!

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2007 at 4:25pm
Emachan

I know the feeling..we found out at ultrasound too... we never named her(I'm sure it was a her) that's why I'm terrified about this scan... but I think it's each to their own...whatever helps you heal and remember..
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 1:04am
We are planning to get a special container and then bury that container in a beautiful pot beneath some calla lillies. i love calla lillies and i received heaps of these from workmates etc after loosing baby, so ithink that's about right. I have baby, stillin it's container, inside the brown bag, and have not looked, i don't know if i ever will. I know it's there, that's alli need.

Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 6:01pm

mum2paris, reading what you wrote about the monarch reminded me of something I learned when I was studying art history. Many cultures believe that butterflies represent the soul or spirit, and in art, that is what butterflies are often symbolic of. I've also read that Maori believe that the soul returns to earth after death as a butterfly. I think the idea of a butterfly tattoo is quite beautiful, and very fitting.

Edited by Katherine
Karin1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karin1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 10:03pm
I had a MC at 11 weeks in February. We planted a tree in the garden in rememberance.
I am now 7 weeks and keeping fingers, toes and legs closed!!!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 10:08pm
All the very best Karin!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>