FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFitted nappy questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fitted nappy questions
    Posted: 03 May 2007 at 7:42pm
I've just got a hemp fitted nappy and PUL cover from Tweedle on trial for night times and I've got a couple of questions...

This fitted nappy doesn't have a stay-dry liner - is this normal for fitteds?

Do I need to put a stay-dry liner into the nappy before using it?

How wet do fitteds get against babies skin?

Thanks ladies
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 8:30pm
some fitteds do have stay dry liners, but not all. you can add a liner if you want, or additional boosters, and some boosters have the liner so do two jobs.

how wet they get against babies skin depends on how absorbent the nappy is and how long it is on for. generally tho the nappy gets wet, not bub.
Nic01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 8:55am
I was worried about that too. I got one from Tweedle as well but Rachael sewed a microfleece liner to the sewn-in booster part for me, so it stayed dry against Matt's skin. If it didn't have that I probably would have put a stay dry liner in for overnight. I just think if it's going to be on for 12 hours it's got to be nicer to be dry than lying in a wet nappy.
Would be interested to see what you think of the fitted? I found the nappy itself was really good - no leaks after 13 hours!! but the cover seemed to scratch the inside of Matt's thighs a bit. Don't know if I just had it done up too tight though. I'm going to give it another go so will see. If not, I'll try it with one of my bummis wraps if they fit.
 Post Reply Post Reply