FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDon’t they feel the cold?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Don’t they feel the cold?
    Posted: 19 June 2007 at 9:29pm
Am I the only one with a child that refuses to dress appropriately for the weather? I went out and bought her a funky pair of purple cat slippers to keep her feet warm when she gets up in the morning, she doesn't wear them, and most nights it's a fight to get her to wear winter PJ's.
It's worst when she goes to preschool tho - I worry that they think I'm neglectful coz she wears so few clothes, and this morning she wasn't even wearing shoes! I always make sure she has a jacket/hat/scarf/shoes and socks in her bag, but I swear she just has a higher tolerance for cold than the rest of the world.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 9:36pm
I don't think kids feel the cold (lucky things!). At school, they are forever running around in bare feet, t-shirts and shorts etc
Lucky Maya for being so brave!
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 9:45pm
lol i was outside hanging out the washing. brrrrr blardy cold. And lissy walks outside in undies and a teeshirt. WTF child??? I told her to go inside and put on pants, jersey, socks and shoes.... Her reply. Its not cold. YEAH RIGHT, now get inside miss.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 10:10pm
I often pick Andrew up from preschool and he has no jersey on running outside with no shoes on. I keep telling him its cold and he tells me its not. I'm sure he's just like his father and doesn't feel the cold.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 10:39pm
Hannah mostly stays inside so it's not so bad. But hmmm, she didn't want to wear slippers today (had socks) and insisted on wearing a skirt. And didn't want to wear tights either "because they're not pink".
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2007 at 6:57am
yesterday was mufti sday for our kids, and they could obviously choose what to wear. it is 0 degrees and yet half of them wandered around in shorts and t-shirts - claiming not to be cold despite the goosebumps. kids are generally weird.
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2007 at 10:27am
Nyah is exactly the same, we dread the mornings when it comes to dressing her. Her lastest trend is too dress in trackies and a jumper, but then she puts a short skirt over the trackies, and I've been told by the teachers that she takes her pants off after daddy drops her off and puts the pants back on before I pick her up... Last night she was wandering around in a skirt and t-shirt and the rest of us were rugged up.

I don't think they mind the cold like we do. Strange creatures they are.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2007 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by .Mel .Mel wrote:

Nyah is exactly the same, we dread the mornings when it comes to dressing her. Her lastest trend is too dress in trackies and a jumper, but then she puts a short skirt over the trackies, and I've been told by the teachers that she takes her pants off after daddy drops her off and puts the pants back on before I pick her up... Last night she was wandering around in a skirt and t-shirt and the rest of us were rugged up.

I don't think they mind the cold like we do. Strange creatures they are.

Oo that's clever. I still remember the day I wanted to wear new shoes to school and Mum said no so I packed them... but I must have looked guilty because she found them
EllenMumof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 11:06am
kalem is like that would live in shorts and a t-shirt if he had half a chance and does in the weekends but we are lucky kalems school has a uniform and its track pants skiviys and polar fleeces in the winter.

Kalem 6!
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 2:25pm
Joey is the same too! He even has a chilblain (sp?) on his toe because he insists on not wearing shoes and socks inside - outside is ok so far but who knows

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by EllenMumof2 EllenMumof2 wrote:

kalem is like that would live in shorts and a t-shirt if he had half a chance and does in the weekends but we are lucky kalems school has a uniform and its track pants skiviys and polar fleeces in the winter.

Maya is so excited about needing a uniform for big school, she thinks I should buy it already! I bet the novelty will wear off tho!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 6:20pm

Kids def dont feel the cold, Im convinced. Mercedes is always getting around in next to nothing. Im just wrapped that at school they have a summer and winter variation of their uniform which they have to wear for approprite terms

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
EllenMumof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 8:24pm
yeah it did emma for kalem so every time he moans i tell him his teacher said he has to wear it and then theres no more moaning i wish he would listern to me like herdoes her.

Kalem 6!
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 10:22pm
They don't feel the cold and I don't know when they start feeling it. Christopher is 10 now and would quite happily go to school in shorts during the winter. Brrrrrr - I get cold just looking at him!!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 3:06pm
Well the child that doesn't feel the cold is now sick with a nasty barking cough - but do you think she will keep her slippers on?
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 3:34pm
this pregnant woman doesn't feel the cold either... everyone thinks I am crazy! Haven't worn a jumper to work in weeks...
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 10:47am
I don't know whether it's coz I was pregnant last winter, but this winter feels sooooo much colder!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 4:39pm
It doesn't get any better when they get older. My 9 year old, always tries to put on summer clothes (and itsy bitsy summer dress) to school and I am forever telling her - have you looked at the frost outside? But its not cold is her answer - yeah right. My 14 year old hardly ever feels the cold and walks around with a short sleeved t shirt most of the time. Me I like my warmth...
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2007 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Leish Leish wrote:

I get cold just looking at him!!
  Yeah thats how I feel looking at my two lol

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2007 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Maya Maya wrote:

I don't know whether it's coz I was pregnant last winter, but this winter feels sooooo much colder!

That's the conclusion I have made about myself too! Considering I was pregnant the last two winters!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>