FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedorewa mums?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 12:28am
I am the biggest wimp out, so totally understand that one
I bought one of the grobag eggs a few weeks ago and haven't had the heater on in Sam's room since. Quite scary as I was obviously so far off as I still go in that and my first instinct is that it is cold. Still she is sleeping more hours now (obviously not too hot anymore) and it will be nicer on the pocket when the power bill comes. Last month it was $300 In saying that I am also now putting an extra blanket on her bed

Sponsored Links

Gwen_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwen_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 12:30am
lol i think i might invest in one
We're in America for 3 months with Mummy and Daddy!

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 12:32am
I love it. I don't think DH was too impressed that I spent $59 on a room thermometer, but even he has had to admit that it will probably now save us money in the long run. I pretty much just dress Samantha to suit the temperature now rather than turning on the heater.

Gwen_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwen_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 12:37am
I was thinking of also getting the girls some baby legs

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 12:41am
We have Huggalugs (same thing, different brand) and just love them. I put them on Sam under her pants and skirts on the chillier days. Emma had some spares left over from her last order I think. Maybe PM her as they were at the $11 price.

Gwen_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwen_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 12:50am
ok might do that

charlottesmuma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlottesmuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2007 at 8:38pm
hey ladies im glad you were all fine after the storms! was wondering whats a grobag egg? i use a oil heater in charlottes room as we have to have the door closed so the cat doesnt sleep with her. we have it on a timer but i get a bit worried that i cook her even tho ever time i go in its a nice temp or cold!
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2007 at 9:55pm
Kirsty, sorry I meant to reply to this the other day. The Grobag egg is a really great room thermometer. You can get them from the babystuff website. For example I just checked Sam's room and it is reading 22 degrees. That is without a heater on just from the sun today. Optimum temperature is between 16-20 so it is actually a bit warm. I swaddle Sam at night so she will have a blanket removed when she finally goes to bed!

Hope you other coast Mum's are having a good week

marielb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marielb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2007 at 9:30pm
Hi ladies. I live up in Whangaparaoa too. If you are going to meet up, I'm keen :)

Our power was off for 25 hours last week too - lucky I am bf!
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2007 at 11:13am
Hi Marie,

I would love to meet up with some people. I know nobody in the area with a baby, except for the people on here. PM me with when is good for you :)

Wasn't that annoying with the power. We kept having it coming and going. We even lost it again on Sunday night for a few hours! It is getting very annoying now!

charlottesmuma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlottesmuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 8:32am
hi Marie, how old is you bub? charlotte is alot older than all the babies on here and if we meet up i am a little scared she will try to play with them and i would hate for her to hurt them! :( please let me know which day suits you guys and if i am free i will come along and see how she reacts with them if thats fine :)
marielb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marielb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 12:15pm
Hi girls.
I have a 2 year old and a 7 month old - very busy ;)
I love going to McDs in Orewa to play - Isaac can't escape from there and I can have a nice coffee from McCafe :)
How old is Charlotte?

marielb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marielb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 12:16pm
Hmm, need to get my post count up, only done 12
So am going to post lots :)
marielb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marielb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 12:16pm
I work Tues and Thurs but don't have anything else on :)
marielb View Drop Down

We must be able to sort out a day sometime!
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 6:28pm
Marie, gosh a 2 and a 7 months. You must be busy What a brave women you are

marielb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marielb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 8:07pm
haha, would like another too
marielb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marielb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 8:08pm
I got my 'hard' baby first time round complete with reflux, food allergies and no sleep!
This time round I have angel baby

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 12:21am
Ah, see I have my perfect baby now. I might be tempting fate to do it again

marielb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marielb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 7:50pm
haha - you might be much luckier than me
I do have a very happy and fun 2 year old after the rocky start though
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>