FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow does this work???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
marielb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marielb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How does this work???
    Posted: 24 July 2007 at 8:10pm
Hi!
Where does everyone chat with people who have kids the same age as theirs (I have a 2 year old)???
Is there a July 05 babies place or does everyone chat here together??????
Not sure and just wondered
Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 8:18pm
Here will do! My Briona is 2 on Friday She's got a wide vocab (probably thanks to her older sister), loves to climb things and push boundaries and stand still with a funny smile on her face when I say "come here" and loves getting things out of the fridge (who taught her how to open the fridge door?!?!) and passing the milk when the kettle boils, saying "Lilo, lilo" (milo) until she gets one lol (milo for breakfast is one of our routines). She is sleeping once in the day, for about 2 hours, and 12 hours at night (yay, says me!) and is starting to tell us when she needs to do toilet, although is a long way off TT yet.

We're having a small party for her on Saturday afternoon and when we were at the supermarket today I gave her a pack of biguns to hold (a special treat) and told her what they were for - and for the rest of the trip she held on tightly and said "party - chippies - eat it!!"

How about yours?
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 9:00pm
Mine are 2 and a half, and one and a half. i was thinking about making an October 04 toddler thread, but it would consist of me, Nikki, and Toniellis, and as much as i love chatting to those ladies, they are too busy to chat al daylong.

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 9:33pm
Mmm yeah, as much as I'd love to sit on my butt all day on OhBaby. (Actually wait, that's basically what I do anyway!!)

And yeah, us with toddlers just kinda butt in anywhere. Have a rant? Make a topic! Want to brag? Make a topic! Got a question? Ask in a topic!

We will more than happily share horror stories of our own.
marielb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marielb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 9:57pm
oh yay! I started a post and people have answered I tend to be the one who finishes a post and scares everyone away

My Isaac doesn't have too many (legible) words as yet (which is fine as I can tell once he starts to talk he won't stop . He loves cars, trucks and cupboards..... often throws toilet rolls down the toilets... he's trouble alright but lots of fun!

Haha, yeah, wish I had all day to sit here and chat too
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 9:10am
Hannah is 2 in October. She is very into her drawing and dolly at the moment. And loves running around outside and splashing in puddles! Currently engrossed watching Blues Clues and then In The NIght Garden

She seems to be able to say a lot of words and tends to copy just about anything new we say. She is saying a few short sentences as well and can usually tell us what it is she wants/needs. She has an afternoon sleep for about 1-2 hours and sleeps 12-13 overnight! Yay!

I think I do sit on here most of the day chatting
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 9:38am
Joey is 2 in about 3 weeks How did that happen!?
I think I recognise your name from the EBB Marie? Welcome to Oh Baby!

Anyway, since this is a kind of 2 yo thread can I ask if anyone elses child is REALLY clingy at the moment?? Joey is incredibly clingy and it is really getting tough, he gets so upset when I drop him at pre school 2 mornings a week it makes me feel sick. He gets up at least 10 times before going to sleep at night to make sure mama and papa are still there and during the day won't go to sleep at all unless I am in the same room as him... Is this an age thing or is he sensing the imminent arrival of another baby? Maybe a culmination of all the changes we have had this year catching up with him? Any ideas or suggestions or comments appreciated

marielb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marielb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 10:17am
Yip newmum - was there, now here Can't do 2 places at once Who are you there????????? Yur Joey isnt much younger than my Isaac!

We don't have clinginess - yet! he starts kindy next weekl tho so we'll see if it happens then!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 10:25am
I hope it's just another stage. But yeah, could be a combo of the babe and new place. I'm sure it'll pass. He'll soon realise that you aren't going to ditch him completely!

And don't worry Marie, we all feel like that. I was looking through my posts the other day and it seems I'm the last to post in every topic I participate in!
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 11:17am
I was firstbub at EBB but I haven't been on there for months. I feel happier here Somehow I found it really catty there?

Nikki - I hope you are right, I feel so awful leaving him

Edited by newmum

marielb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marielb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 12:42pm
I find ebb too big - and at the moment theres a 'who would you like to meet' post.......... feels like a bit of a popularity contest!

Yeah, definitely a stage for that clingyness though newmum :) I am a teacher in my 'real' life and its funny because you always say to the parents of wee ones 'they'll be fine, away you go', but now as the mummy of one who is starting KINDY soon, its not quite so easy!!!!!

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 1:02pm
Briona has been in and out of clingy stages all year I think it's mostly an age thing but breaking my foot added another set of clinginess in there too. I read somewhere that 2yos are trying to assert their independence but at the same time can worry that you can do without them - so too much distance frightens them and too much closeness strangles them. Never said it would be easy huh!
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 1:08pm
Andrew had that clingy thing when he was about 2 was very hard to drop him off at daycare. I found that once I was gone he was fine and didn't even worry that I had gone.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
marielb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marielb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 1:36pm
OMG busymum! you broke your foot!!!! How did things work in your house while you were out of action???

Yeah, thats the other thing Mummybecks, once you are gone they are normally fine!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 3:17pm
Just for the record (in case you are shocked if this comes up again) we have popularity contests too. Well, they don't mean to be but people tend to see them that way no matter how hard everyone tries to avoid it.

But we are all very nice really!
marielb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marielb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 4:53pm
Hehe, glad to hear you are all very nice

I'll keep my eyes out for the next popularity contest here

Love your pic on your signature by the way :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 8:44pm
Thanks! I think it says more about Munchy's personality than I ever could! haha
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by marielb marielb wrote:

OMG busymum! you broke your foot!!!! How did things work in your house while you were out of action???

Hmmm welll... well it's been well documented on here already but basically I got a tonne of home help from ACC and then I broke my toe and then I extended the home help... and now it's been about a month without help and amazingly I can actually cope without it! Was worried I had got too dependent on it LOL

Well there's gotta be a book out there for 2 year olds because Briona tried quite a lot of the tricks from it this afternoon... hmmm I've just realised that the trouble started sometime after she helped herself to all the icing from half a cake sitting on the bench ROFL. Well hopefully tomorrow will be a bit more settled - no chocolate icing for her (or anybody haha) and hopefully no silliness either!
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 8:18am
Thanks for the assurances that Joey is "typically 2" I guess we'll just ride out the clingyness (I expect it will get worse once the baby arrives..) and make sure he feels secure and hopefully he will grow out of it soon!!

Funny you say that about the teacher thing Marie - because in my "past life" I was a primary teacher too. I was just commenting to a friend last week how I used to always give that "They'll be fine, just go" line to parents and think they were drippy fools, ROFL, now it's me they are trying to get out the door PMSL

marielb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marielb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:04pm
hehe, nikki!

yum, chocolate icing! Hope it didn't hype her up too much, busymum. And sorry to hear about your foot - although help at home would be awesome!

I took Isaac to kindy this morning for a visit and he didn't even know I was there! He had so much fun. So I am feeling ok about leaving him there next week now

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>