FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMeds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meds
    Posted: 31 July 2007 at 9:18am
I am about to start on my third different med. Not feeling great about having to change meds again.

Was started on Citalopram but Isla and I both had skin reactions to that. Was switched to Aropax but I have been getting boils from that and bad dreams, and my cousellor things its not doing its job anyway.
Waiting to get special authority number to start on Efexor.

Feeling pretty BLAH. I just want to feel better
Sponsored Links

Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 10:43am
Big 's Kellz. Hope you find something suitable & that works soon.

Aropax didnt work for me either- stupid stuff made me sh*t myself several times
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

tashzmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashzmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 5:13pm
Citalopram worked for me but it gave me terrible insomnia which i still have enven though i have been off the meds for about 8 months now.
hope u find something that works for u and hope u feel better soon!
Natasha Jayde, 1-01-05(7lb3oz)
Caroline Elisabeth, 9-04-08 (4lb15oz)
Izabella Kate, 9-04-08(6lb7oz)
Lexi Brenna, 23-01--2011(6lb6oz)
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 5:33pm
Citalopram worked well but Isla got terrible skin reaction. If it was just me I would have put up with the bit of excema it gave me, cos now that im not on it, I can see that the results were good compared to how I feel now on Aropax.
tashzmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashzmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 6:45pm
oh hunny thats gotta suck.
i was lucky(and unlucky) that tash was 18mnths before i was diagnosed and i had stopped bfeeding so i didnt find out if tash had a reaction to it.

i hope u find a good med that helps u and doesnt have a reaction on Isla..... there will be a light at the end of the tunnel
Natasha Jayde, 1-01-05(7lb3oz)
Caroline Elisabeth, 9-04-08 (4lb15oz)
Izabella Kate, 9-04-08(6lb7oz)
Lexi Brenna, 23-01--2011(6lb6oz)
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 12:05pm

Edited by amy
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 3:25pm
Thanks ladies . I will try this new one, and if its no good, I might wean Isla properly and go back to Citalopram.
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 5:11pm
Citalopram worked well for me too but I had to come off it as it caused Alize to have a skin reaction too. Buggar about feeling low again. I hope your chem # comes thru soon and this medication helps

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2007 at 2:37pm
Got the Efexor tabs today. The low, twice daily dose the Dr prescribed because of the previous reactions costs, even with the special authority number. So the chemist got the dr to change it to the once daily slow release tab. Hmmmm,..Im scared of having a reaction,...I know I should take them.
I have been feeling ok the last few days, and didnt take anything yesterday cos I hadnt got the new meds yet,...and am wondering if I should bother taking anything?
I know I should, and I know lots of people come off their meds too soon cos they are feeling ok, but end up back on them,...but I still cant help thinking I dont want them, and I will be ok without them .

ETA- fix spelling!

Edited by Kellz
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2007 at 7:25pm

Edited by amy
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2007 at 12:26pm
Thanks Amy.
Hugs . I am the same. I feel fine, but each time I get upset and cry so easily, or when I feel myself get so wound up, and I snap at DH over nothing,...etc,..I know I need to do this for my family.
Its just so hard to admit to myself that I have a prob.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2007 at 8:54pm

Edited by amy
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 2:43pm
I have a cousellor through the hospital Mental Health services who comes here about once a fornight, but am finding her pretty useless. She just seems to look about my lounge, and not say much, like asks about how my mil kneww replacement is , cos she is needing to have the same op
I also get 2 1/2 hrs a week home help through the Mental Health Service too. Its fab! The lady is so nice. She just helps me out about the house, came with me to do my food shopping once, looks after Isla while I trake a nice long shower etc!
Would be good to find out about some sort of support group. I was gonna ask plunket today,..but they didnt turn up

I finally started taking the meds after being told off by Emma on Sun (he he!). Am feeling ok, and no side effects/ reactions for me or Isla yet either. So far so good,..took longer than this for them to show last 2 times.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 2:52pm

Edited by amy
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 3:26pm
Grr yeah its so annoying when people dont turn up! My homehelp lady was an hour late today too, but she had a family prob, and came all the way here to explain that she couldnt see us today!
Plunket didnt show at all, and I cant get hold of anyone. Grrrr! Poor Isla was overdue a nap too but the time I finally gave up on them turning up!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Kellz Kellz wrote:

I finally started taking the meds after being told off by Emma on Sun (he he!).

Good girl! Teehee, I was just coming to tell you off for not starting them too!

I can relate to what you say about not wanting to *need* the meds, and wanting to be ok without them, I spent 18 months convincing myself that it is totally normal to be a miserable, anxious, uptight, OCD wreck, and that everyone is like that, just to avoid having to go back on meds. Making the decision to start taking them again was huge, and I fought it to the last breath, but one night I had a huge anxiety attack, so bad that I made myself physically sick, and I realised I was being a total idiot.

So now I am medicated up to the eyeballs, but feeling much better. And snapping less at Maya, and getting less frustrated with Willie, and generally a nicer person. So it is a good thing.

Big hugs! I think of you and Isla heaps, can't wait to see you guys on the weekend.

And big hugs to you too Amy! Please know that the uncontrollable crying does eventually subside, and that the grey clouds do lift, and life does get better. Hang in there
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 8:25pm
Thanks Emma Looking forward to seeing you again too!
 Post Reply Post Reply