FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBritax Regent Carseat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Britax Regent Carseat
    Posted: 27 February 2007 at 9:51am
Anyone know where i can get one and if i cant here anyone know where i can get one sent over from?

These are the ones that has a 5 point harness and holds the child till they are 36ish kgs.
Sponsored Links

Jay_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 10:13am
Jess, I think Britax, in NZ is the name of the company that imports Safe n Sound, and Steelcraft baby products. Not sure if they have a type of car seat called regent in the safe n sound range, but check out the britax website - www.britax.com.au
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 10:24am
Cool thanks Hey i tried to PM you but ur inbox is full
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 10:39am
Ok so i have called them and they dont have one for upto 36kgs but i have just emailed someone from ebay that sells them in america and asked if there were more mums wanting them would they do a bulk ship to us?

Does anyone know what the standards are for childrens seats? If they are brand new from America are they ok by our law?
Jay_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 10:55am
I don't think they are Jess - they have to meet the NZ and/or AUS standards, and from memory (I read up on car seats before Joshua was born) the US standards are not as rigorous as ours.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 10:56am
Oki well i have emailed them the standards and will wait for them to reply otherwise ill try the UK coz thats where Ellas capsule came from and that was ok.

A child restraint must meet an approved standard. Child restraints certified for use in New Zealand will show an 'S' mark (New Zealand Standard NZS 1754), or a tick (Australian Standard AS 1754), or an 'E' mark (European Standard ECE 44). Restraints that comply with the United States Standard (FMVSS 213) must, in addition to any other markings, display the New Zealand Standard 'S' mark, to show they have been certified for use in New Zealand.

Thats the standards here anyways
Jay_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 10:59am
Gosh, you are thorough A woman after my own heart
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 11:01am
haha hehe im not giving up Cory and i decided that after watching that video on youtube we were getting one for Miss E. hehe
Jay_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 11:46am
Mailbox is empty now!
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 11:49am
our standards are quite different here but think we have some comparable ones to the britax system that are 5 point safety harness systems - go talk to BF and the like as sure i saw some in there. Would be cheaper than getting sent from USA and then finding its not a legal seat anyways. Also remember a lot of the cars are different so harness system may not do up in our vehicles.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 1:27pm
Yer i am looking in to all that i have contacted LTSA and sent them an email to find out. Otherwise yer ill have to stick with what we have here. Bit silly really, you would think that they would have it here as its a highly recommended seat ...
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2007 at 4:53pm
We have an Appollo which you can use with the 5 point harness supposedly up to 18kg but Maya is over 19kg now and still fits the harness.

IMHO tho, would a kid really tolerate still having a 5 point harness at 36kg? I've just taken the harness off Maya's coz she kept fussing and fighting over it, so am now using it with the thread thru seatbelt as a booster.

I watched the Youtube thing, and while it is disturbing, I think the manufacturer of the seatbelt in that case is at fault, not the carseat - if teh seatbelt malfunctioned and the boy was thrown free I think I'd be going after the people who installed/serviced the seatbelt rather than the booster seat.

Another option tho is to use a harness with a standard booster - the harness bolts to the anchor point on the roof and the seatbelt threads thru across the lap. You can get them at the BF.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply