New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ceremony ideas since we eloped due to the pandemic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCeremony ideas since we eloped due to the pandemic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Deirdre265511 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deirdre265511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ceremony ideas since we eloped due to the pandemic
    Posted: 25 July 2021 at 11:46am
My current husband and I ran away last December. We got engaged last year and decided to have a mini-wedding and a big party in a few years. At that time, the vaccine had not yet been announced, so we had no idea when the big party might take place. The micro-wedding ended up being canceled because of COVID. But we decided to get married anyway and ran off to our living room instead.
Now we are planning our wedding celebration with family and friends for July 2022. However, since no one witnessed our wedding except our parents (mine were at zoom, my husbands were our witnesses), we want to hold a ceremony for all our family and friends to witness. I know a lot of couples who ran away last year and are having a big party later. So, would anyone who found themselves in the same situation have done something different if you had conducted/are going to conduct a ceremony or changed the scenario for a clergyman? I thought about making a joke about the fact that we will be married for a year and a half. But I was not sure about any other ideas that came to people's minds.
Sponsored Links

Nestor268108 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nestor268108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2021 at 10:56am
great
Stephane267160 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephane267160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 8:33am
You should definitely plan a holiday like this. This holiday is a once-in-a-lifetime event, and you shouldn't even doubt it. I personally recently did a wedding in the UK, trying to make a gorgeous wedding. I invited different organizers for this. They all loved it and were happy to attend my wedding. I liked the way OTE(https://www.ontourevents.co.uk/awards-ceremonies-gala-dinners) worked; they organized a great sound system and did a great light show. It was the most vivid wedding I can remember, and I was just thrilled. So I advise you to do your ceremony and enjoy such a beautiful day.
 Post Reply Post Reply