FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedXmas decorations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xmas decorations
    Posted: 07 December 2008 at 7:00pm
When do people put them up?

I don't put up any decorations until the evening of the 12th & I also make sure all decorations are down on the 5th. You know the 12 days of Xmas.

I guess I go along with the superstition of it?
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Sponsored Links

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 7:09pm

Mine go up on the 1st day of advent (which this year started after sunset on 29th Nov).  They usually come down within days after Christmas.

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 7:10pm

Our went up last weekend and will come down once we are back in Waiouru which will get some time early January.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
sno0ze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sno0ze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 7:12pm
We put ours up on the 1st Dec and probably down at the end of Dec before Jan
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 7:19pm

we put ours up last weekend and will probably take it down at the end of Dec

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 7:50pm
Mine went up (and always does!) on the 1st of Dec and comes down when we get home from holiday so this year it will be about the 10th of Jan.

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 7:52pm
Opps, double post

Edited by Peanut

NeoshasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 9:32pm
Ours go up the end of November and down boxing day.

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 9:33pm
We were sposed to put ours up this weekend but I didn't get a chance to buy any before I ended up confined to bed rest    At home we always took them down on Jan 6th or 7th unless we were away on holiday for longer.
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
Shorty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 10:20am
We put ours up yesterday, and they come down on the 5th...as the 6th is for other celebrations

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 11:47am
ours go up sometime in Dec (yesterday) and I ALWAYS try to get them down by 5th Jan....but I might need to be more flexible this year...who knows.
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 11:53am
We put ours up at the start of Dec (was the 6th this year) and usually take it down before January.
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 2:11pm
They usually go up the first weekend of Dec and they come down when I get around to it. Not too fussy here
pomikiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 3:13pm
I'm goign to put ours up with DD tomorrow cant wait!

DD-Carys Amelia 17.03.06
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 5:22pm
Ours went up on the weekend - we arent superstitious (or even christian) but we love the excitement and the family focus that christmas has
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 6:05pm
Ours went up on the 1st of December (or close to the start of advent) and always come down 2 weeks after Christmas, traditionally cause we used to go away for 2 weeks holiday on boxing day, but also cause its epiphany (when the wise men turned up, after getting lost).

13 years of catholic education is hard to break.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 7:44pm
We put ours up last night, I find anytime in Dec is ok to put it up.
miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 11:02am
I put it up any time in December, depending on what else I am up to. I take it down on the 6th of Jan, according to Irish customs.
kriss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kriss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 3:12pm
We just got our first xmas tree for our new little family, and are going to get decorations tonight, so excited!!

Has anyone had a look at the decorations at Farmers this year? They are 50% off today, just wondering if they are any good.. otherwise will just go to The Warehouse

Little Angel, April 10
mrsturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 3:27pm
We put our tree up on the 27th of nov - its dh's birthday and he has been christmas mad ever since he was a child and his parents always allowed him to do the tree then so we have just continued that althought this year the outside decorations have not gone up yet as we are still painting the outside of the house. We normally take everything down after we are back from holiday ususally 6th ish of January
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>