FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwedding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
isabel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wedding
    Posted: 14 July 2010 at 8:04pm
Okey, need ideas for a wedding venue in North Island, for 50-70 people.Preferably by beach on a low cost budget.
TIA

Sponsored Links

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 8:06pm
Any preferences to where in the North Island?

Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 8:07pm
Lucky you werent asking people to recommend a photographer ..

Ot - but the North Island is pretty big .. was there anywhere in particular you were after?
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 8:51pm
The Dunes on Waiheke Island......beautiful, and no more expensive than other North Is. venues on the beach.

Renee & Lauren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee & Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 9:24pm
what about Napier / Hastings
snooze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 10:43pm
North Shore of Auckland....

Long Bay Beach... there is a cafe right on the beach . Wonderful views of the beach.   Not sure what their catering costs are....

OR Takapuna Bridge Club... beautiful views of Lake Pupuke for $200 room hire.   Would need to dress it up a bit.

Edited by snooze
tictacjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tictacjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 11:08pm
Whereabouts in North Island? Okurukuru Winery in Oakura in Taranaki is right overlooking the beach, not too sure on prices. Had you thought of finding a beach you like & hiring a mobile caterer? There are a few out there that have evolved way beyond the hot dog wagon.
anon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 11:39pm
We got married at Long Bay Restaurant. Ideal for that amount of people. You can get married (like we did) on their verandah looking out to the ocean and have the reception there - amazing food! They have wedding packages including the ceremony if you want it. Just take a look at their website they have the costs and menus online.

There are some limits to it. You have limited time to decorate and there is a noise limit if you want dancing outside (we did). Everything else is fantastic and I can't recommend it enough.

Edited by newlywed
anon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 11:40pm
If you can't get the answers you want by the way - I recommend the forums on this website:

www.weddings.co.nz

People will give you as much advice and help as you could want with your wedding!
clover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 7:35am
Originally posted by lilfatty lilfatty wrote:

Lucky you werent asking people to recommend a photographer ..

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 11:42am
In wgtn, There is a lovely venue in Ohariu Valley on one of the farms, it has the most amazing Sunset!! Forgot the name but can find it if you want?
Renee & Lauren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee & Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 3:29pm
Nic - it's The Woolshed. VERY expensive I think.

We had our reception in Gear Homestead in Wellington and it overlooks the Porirua Harbour and it was a stunning day..
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 3:41pm
Yeah at Ohariu Farm

There is also Wallaceville House in the Hutt Link

Have you tried looking on Venue Search NZ you can pick parts of nz to search and what kind of function you are having etc.
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 4:01pm

alot of us came here from nz wedding planner, you could try them.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
HuntersMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntersMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 7:22pm
www.weddings.co.nz

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 8:05pm
My friend got married on the beach at Devenport and had the reception at the restaurant there, the name escapes me ....Cheltenam or something

JD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 9:01pm
How bout this

I am talking about the boat...not the duck
anon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by TheKelly TheKelly wrote:

My friend got married on the beach at Devenport and had the reception at the restaurant there, the name escapes me ....Cheltenam or something

It's much more expensive than Long Bay Restaurant and I can't remember but have a feeling they cater for 100 people minimum or something like that (coz I looked into it).
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 9:07pm
is it ?
*shrugs* whatever the cost , it was quite nice
We just had our reception in our backyard
and my friend had her wedding on the beach at Pauanui then her reception at her parents bach , was awesome , she had a great day , which considering what happened later was very special .

Handy if you have parents with a bach ....

kelzie_rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelzie_rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 7:05pm
DH and i got married at Gracehill Vineyard in Kumeu. It was amazing, it was beautiful, the staff were lovely, the food wonderful.

There's a pagola, under which we were married, but there was a wet weather option just in case. There's a lake, a bridge, a swing, a giant chessboard, all perfect for photos.

Started TTC Apr 2008
With PCOS and a bicornuate uterus

Our angel babies
Jan 2010 <3
Oct 2010 <3
Apr 2011 <3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>