FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedXmas Plans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Teenmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teenmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xmas Plans
    Posted: 17 October 2005 at 6:33pm
Oh yes this time again!!!time to decide where to go,how long to go for and yes the big question!!What am i going to buy my kids lol.

This year we doing the route system---staying at our house in hamilton till xmas day then over to in-laws house for yummy xmas bbq breakie, then our big one hour trip lol to aucks to stay with my family for xmas dinner. Yum i cnt wait!!I love xmas you just have tonnes of food and drinks.

What are you all up to for xmas 2005

Sponsored Links

Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 6:44pm

probably breakfast at in laws in town,then mayb dwn to masterton for the night at other in laws(both naths parents r remarried).

we havent really thought too much bout it(dnt wanna think bout it)toomuch of a headache topic lol.

my mms in chch so cnt afford to go there n my dads in wanganui so may go there boxing day

Edited by Xandersmum
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 7:42pm
we are in NZ for xms. planned to be in Aus, but i won't be able to fly after dec 3rd. We are spending xmas day with my mum and nana. Boxing day at the races (weather permitting) with dad, and extended family. new year is lewis' birthday so we'll have a small BBQ and then hopefully I'll be in hopsital with the baby!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 7:43pm
my sister is coming to stay with us this year - we take turns, and we are all off over to my sisters in feilding for xmas lunch.. mum included and my sister from aussie is probably coming over for xmas or new year too. Then we are going to marton to have xmas dinner with mike's mum and dad (will be new cos we have never seen them on xmas day before). i plan to lax out as much as possible.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 8:15pm
Hmmm, havent really thought much past Labour weekend But at this stage I would like to have Xmas lunch at our house with both families - new baby, new house etc.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 10:28pm
hey aimee, jake was born on labour day!!!! try and push baby out then!
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 8:50am
My birthday is Labour Day this year!

For Christmas we're going to stay xmas eve with my family in Katikati, spend the morning with them, then go to Nathaniel's parents place in Tauranga in the afternoon. We'll stay xmas night there, then back to my parents place on Boxing day.

Its lots of running around, but my Mum's family will be at my parents house for xmas lunch, and Dad's family will be there for a big extended family christmas on Boxing Day; while Nat's family are doing Christmas dinner. My mum's sister, husband and their 3 kids will be over from Saudi Arabia this year for christmas, and my Dad's sister and her husband will be over from Aussie as well. Nat's sister, husband and 2 kids will also be over from Aussie for christmas as well!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 9:39am
I'm going to try and con my parents into coming to Wellington for christmas because I would have made two trips up to Rotorua in the month prior and it's a long drive with a baby!!

I've got my 21st in December so that can be the big family gathering, and then a small close family xmas!
I think Zeke and his Dad will be in Wellington too, and I think the most people Zeke has celebrated xmas with is 3, so it might be a bit different if I can organise my family! He can experience the craziness of a huge extended family!
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 10:26am
We are flying down to Nelson on Xmas eve until new years day to stay with my mum, sister and mums partner. I can't wait to get away and have a change of scenery. I LOVE Nelson!!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 11:27am
We're having Xmas in sunny Sydney as usual. It's always a tough one for us as Willie has to stay in Auckland as he works right thru, but my parents love having Maya for xmas, and so we go over and stay with them for a month. Willie spends xmas day with his family at Helensville, this year he might go down to New PLymouth for a couple of days to visit Mona and his oldest son who live there.

I laybyed all Maya's pressies at Kmart, I'm sure I posted the list somewhere in another thread, but mostly just looking forward to 'EATING' as I am on an 8 week health at fitness challenge (did one in July/August and lost 10kg) which will finish the first week of December so I will be ready to enjoy some real food...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 11:30am
Oh Xmas....Right.....I havent thought past having this baby...He he ha ha.....I dont know what we will do. Hoping to go and have a picnic at shakespear beach (like every year) with family......that would be nice. Bub will be around 2 Months old....I wonder if we will be able to?!!!

I know mum and Dad (live 2 min away) will have a BBQ....and then MIL will have a dinner thing...so plenty to do. Dont wanna thing abt prezzies at the moment!!

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 1:39pm
yes roksana - you will be able to - you will find you learn very quickly about what you need to take for a day out and you will also find that you actually NEED a day out where you are with other people away from the confines of your house! lolol. just take a decent shade tent or sun umbrella to ensure that baby does not get sun on her and you'll be fine!

argh pressies. lolol. am going to pick our laybys up in about a month simply cos we have no-where to store them (cubby house in particular, even though it's not made up). Paris is getting a heap! cubby house, little people stuff i think i posted the list somewhere else too, some dvds and clothes and polly pockets and dolly swing... Ayja is getting some clothes, roll arounds turtle, singing pots and pans, old mcdonalds tractor and a ball blast.

I think i buy so much cos I love sales, i only ever buy all our xmas stuff at sales. lol, i'm a bit cheap but i love bargains.. paris got heaps for birthday - and i totalled it up to be worth a huge sum.. I paid only about $100 all up so that's pretty good really. I love xmas and big celebrations - we don't buy much in between times (well i don't, mike spoils the girls rotten) I've always had big family xmases... the first year i moved out of home and me and mike decided to spend xmas morning only to ourselves - we both felt quite lonely - and by 11 am we were round at mums!
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 1:42pm
At least your baby will be a couple of months old, Roksana. My 2 sister in laws are both due, one end of November (and expecting to go over), the other at the start of December (and having an elective c-section). Gran and Grandad (Nathaniel's parents) will have their grandchildren go from 4 at the start of the year to 7 by christmas!

Also, my aunt is due around christmas day so there is another newbie.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 1:42pm
I was going to leave my layby at Kmart till xmas to save storing it too, but then we had an unexpected short trip to Sydney so I picked it up and packed it all up in a suitcase (except the bike lol) and took it over with me so I don't have to cart it all over there at xmas time.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 2:19pm
Good thinking, Emma!
Southlandmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southlandmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 2:35pm
Christmas this year will be proberly at my parents, as it was at our house last year as Kaylin was only a week old.. But we are going to Nelson for New Years for a few days, flying.. shud be interesting..
Cindy - Princess and Princes
Samia Isobel Joy born 9th September 2008
Spencer Graeme John born 29th May 2006
Kaylin Gavin Robert born 19 December 2004
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 2:41pm
Yah I would love to get away from home....trust me I already feel like I need a break. We have been so busy with the new house and stuff that we havent done any thing to relax. Most Sundays (cut that... one Sunday) we just lay on our sofas in front of the TV and/or have a nap....yay!!!!

Bring on Xmas....

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 3:00pm
Roksana, I took Hannah down south for xmas last year at 2 months old and it was quite easy, didn't need to worry about what to feed her and little babes fall asleep anywhere!!

had a bit of an exciting time on boxing day at the races as hannah 'exploded' after not doing poos for 10 days. so my advice is, if you leave the house and go to somewhere with no baby facilities, make sure you pack like you are going to siberia for a month. i wasn't prepared at all!!! had to beg the bar for a plastic bag for hannah's dirty clothes

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 3:15pm
LOL...Thanx for the warning!!

Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 3:58pm

yeah,I even forgot as a 2nd timer that WHEREVER u go with bubs u need at least one spare set of clothes ie singlet,bodysuit and top layer and like at least 6 nappies lol.

I had a "moment" when we went to a shop and miss H"exploded" and i forgot an extra set of clothes so baby had to be wrapped in my polar fleece jacket (cos she was a winter babe) and bundled into the carseat till we got home.

BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>