FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedxmas kids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
daddyofsprogs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddyofsprogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: xmas kids
    Posted: 19 November 2005 at 7:13pm
Its all most time to loose the kids in the overflow of prezzies and hope santa visits you all
Sponsored Links

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 8:19pm
are you meaning us adults? Yes im dropping major hints that santa wont forget me this year . Have been talking to my mum also who i think is santa's secret helper.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
daddyofsprogs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddyofsprogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 8:26pm
Yeah adults kids babys evryone i mean
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 11:20pm
Yay for christmas!!! Its such a great time, i have always loved the whole "family" thing (dramas aside..) and I think it wil be neat to be sharing it with my bubba! We are having christmas with my whole fmaily this year, so Jake will be able to see all his wee ocusins, it will be full on, but fun!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2005 at 9:21am
I'm looking around all the toy stores now thinking about what to get our jake for xmas. i think most of the toys I'll enjoy playing with more than him. His grandfather bought him a remote control UFO....hmmmmm I wonder who THAT was really for?
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 9:04am
lol, sounds right - we got the girls a cubby house - but i'm sure mike will spend half the day playing in there with paris. i did a marathon present wrapping session over the weekend, and still not done - funny how much longer it takes when kids interupt you.. as soon as i would get them out at night once paris was asleep - ayja would decide to wake and be a monkey. And most things were in square boxes - but still took FOREVER to wrap!

I think I'm gonna miss the whole family thing this year - usually we used to have all the cousins, but since one of my sisters moved to aus at the start of the year and took her 5 kids, it's gonna be pretty quiet really in comaprrison - only thing i won't miss is having to try and get all the food before her kids scoffed the lot, lolol.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 9:56am
My uncle was the worst at sneaking the tree chocolates. And then his kids got the blame!!! I'm looking forward to Jake's lollies - which will be put up for "later"
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 10:42am
We'vw got the monster christmas planned (warning: novel ahead!) Both my Mum's family and my Dad's family are having big get-togethers this year. I'm just glad that they are all meeting at my parent's house! Nathaniel's extended family doesn't quite do this - his dad is one of 9 (7 still alive) so as Nathaniel's cousins started marrying they began to just meet as immediate family groups.

We're going to be staying with my family in Katikati for the 10 days before christmas, including Christmas Eve. We'll spend the morning with them, then Mum's family is coming round for lunch. There will be somewhere between 17 and 25 people, depending on how many of my cousins come.

In the afternoon, we're off to Tauranga to spend Christmas Night with Nathaniel's family. There will be Gran and Grandad and their 3 children & spouses (including Nathaniel & me) and the 7 grandkids. Kiya is the oldest, and the youngest will be born by c-section on Dec 1st. We're going to stay with Nathaniel's parents for a week after christmas.

On Boxing Day we go back to my parent's place for the day, for my Dad's family christmas. There will be between 15 and 23 people depending on who comes.

So much running around!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 10:52am
Phew! I am tired just reading that!!!
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 11:01am
None of my other cousins are married or have kids. On Dad's side, that's not that surprising as I'm the oldest grandkid by 4.5 years. Kiya and Josiah are going to be spoilt by their great aunts and uncles! My cousins are facinated by Kiya, so she won't be short of playmates!

On Mum's side, a couple of my cousins are in serious relationships, but only one of them does the "christmas with both" thing. My Nana has been married 3 times, and had 2 children who are similar in age to the oldest of the grandkids - in fact my uncle (Mum's brother) is 6 months older than his neice (my cousin), who is 1 year older than her aunt (Mum's sister)! This aunt is 4 years older than me. Her children (my cousins) are young too - the oldest is 8, the next is 6 weeks older than Kiya and the youngest is due around Christmas. So Kiya will have someone to play with. Nana loves having great-grandkids, and my aunts are (nearly) all jealous of Mum for having grandchildren, so they will all spoil my kids too!

I would not be surprised if we hardly see Kiya except for when she wants something!

Edited by becca.l

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 1:31pm
makes my eyes go cross eyed, that does! I thought mine was complicated! Oh well, you will be able to enjoy your day with all the extra babysitters! Sounds like heaps of fun!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 2:43pm
it's so hectic when you have big families - but at least there's alway splenty of other people to chip in with the food prep and dishes - so you can run away and hide soemwhere till it's done .... not that I do that of course. lolol
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 3:11pm
The only problem is Josiah is practically crawling. He is definitly mobile, and gets all round the place by a combination of rolling, wriggling, dragging himself forwards with his arms, and going up on his knees and one arm (I think he forgets to move the other one ) and lunging. I think he'll be crawling properly by the end of the month, and definitly by Christmas.

My parents have recently replaced their very old, needed to go carpet with large stone tiles. Mum said they'd have a couple of rugs down, but that's only good for as long as Josiah stays on them! Nathaniel and I are worried Josiah is going to smack his head.
lenabeanz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lenabeanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 3:14pm
Arna has a wicked slide going on when she goes to mum's. She is renovating her new house (ex-state house) and ripped up all the carpet so its now all wooden floors, Arna slides and hits the wall then falls back on her head.. Poor wee thing.. got her non stick shoes now!!

As long as you keep an eye on them and then if they do it a few times they don't get so cocky... (Hopefully)
 Post Reply Post Reply