FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI’m coming to Welly today!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I’m coming to Welly today!!!
    Posted: 30 August 2007 at 7:21am
Looks like I'll be heading as far South as Karori today, does anyone wanna meet??

eta: rough timeline seems to be, leave Palmy 9am, stop off at a beach somewhere on the way, Karori for lunch (by 12.30), free time in the afternoon.

Edited by busymum
Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 9:00am
Kat (meow) has my cell phone number so if you see this message in time to meet up, get hold of her!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 9:26am
*signing out for the morning*

Kels and Kat have my cell ph
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 2:45pm
Sorry I missed you, Teresa. Hope you've had a good day!

I would have liked to catch up... shame my computer was playing silly games and I couldn't get online for ages (and my cellphone doesn't work after Xavier washed it )
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 3:47pm
Good thing I called your home # then Becca Was going to ring your cellphone..

It was great meeting up with both of you today And I'm glad you text me Teresa, as I think I wrote your cellphone # down wrong!

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 3:59pm
It was great meeting you too, Kat!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 6:33pm

Buggar I missed you Teresa. I was at work but I have pm'd ya

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 7:43pm
No probs ladies, although I was thinking the Welly ladies were a bit shy! And Becca I had forgotten about your cellphone...lol all the same!

One of my brothers stayed over last night for his last night of holiday staying in town, and anyway he slept in and missed the 6.20am train back to Welly (only one per day) So I could have just taken him to the bus station but instead I thought it would be fun to go down, see where he's staying (he's a Vic Uni student), and catch up with whoever... who turned out to be Kat who I've never met before - yay!

Was a good trip, 9.30am to 5.30pm, and I was surprised it was only 2 hours as far as Karori (haven't been to proper Welly much, but I have a BIL and SIL in Tawa). And now am thinking it mightn't be too bad if DH got a Welly job after all We had some fun stops for the girls and the only was Kryssi being fed up from the carseat and crying for the last 15mins home. But all the girls are now tucked in and I feel great (just a bit tired).
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 7:50pm
Yes, move down here! I am lacking in people to visit during the day and have even been thinking about getting a part time job due to boredom hehe
Plus I know where all the "cool" kid spots are too

Edited by meow

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 7:51pm
btw, the traffic in town worried me a bit when I first moved here, but it's nothing now.. and as I've seen traffic in downtown San Francisco, Wellington traffic is NOTHING compared to that!

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 8:20pm
I didn't find the traffic as "threatening" as in the past, probably had a lot to do with arriving in Welly in lunchtime but maybe I'm a more confident driver too... one guy gave me the finger for doing - get this - 100km in the "fast lane" on the motorway. Dumb! So he passed me (when the car in the other lane finally pulled back enough) and whizzed to the other side of the road to take the next exit. No brains!!!
But I know *all* Welly's are not like that
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 8:23pm
Yeah I get that all the time too.. If someone tails me when I'm in the right lane, I usually slow down then when I let them pass, I give them the finger [:D

I hate it when people don't indicate either! I'm a traffic rule nazi hehe

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 8:25pm

Shy....us....Far from it lol

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 8:29pm

Originally posted by meow meow wrote:

! I am lacking in people to visit during the day 

Ooo I guess we will see ya at our next welly meet up??

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 8:29pm

I'm like that with indicating too! LOL. You know my new traffic trick? (as of today, past Waikanae) When you're on the left of a passing lane and it's closing, pull right into the middle so that no nerd can try to overtake AFTER the jolly passing lane has ALREADY FINISHED!!! (vent over lol... btw my DH is not overly impressed with this new 'rule' hehe)
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Kels Kels wrote:

lol.. If you actually meet in Welly, then yeah! I'll be there.. hehe. Just not that keen on going out to the Hutt much.. don't ask lol nah, it's just that it takes a while going there and back from town..

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by busymum busymum wrote:

I'm like that with indicating too! LOL. You know my new traffic trick? (as of today, past Waikanae) When you're on the left of a passing lane and it's closing, pull right into the middle so that no nerd can try to overtake AFTER the jolly passing lane has ALREADY FINISHED!!! (vent over lol... btw my DH is not overly impressed with this new 'rule' hehe)

lol, I like that.. might add it to my trick book
I like having a manual coz I can race people at the lights.. haha, me in my family-mobile!!

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 8:54pm
I feel ya Kat

And sorry Teresa!! Would have loved to meet ya but I'm currently kicking it in Rotorua. Hope ya had fun
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 9:05pm

Originally posted by Kels Kels wrote:

lol.. If you actually meet in Welly, then yeah! I'll be there.. hehe. Just not that keen on going out to the Hutt much.. don't ask lol nah, it's just that it takes a while going there and back from town..

We did do Island bay "The Empire" and it was really nice there. Give us some suggestions for Welly. Did you make it out to the Hutt today to see Becca?

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 9:35pm
Yeah, we did..as I said before it was great getting to meet two Ohbaby ladies in one day!

Eva Dixons @ the zoo is nice! The kids can watch the meercats through the window. There is actually parking there lol, which is hard to find sometimes in town.

Outdoors is always good for Ella, but the weather is so unpredictable.

I think most of your kids are younger than Ella, aren't they? It's just hard for me to stay for very long unless there's something to occupy her with. It's not very easy to sit and talk when you have a 3 year old

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>