FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYIM Maternity Jeans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YIM Maternity Jeans
    Posted: 31 July 2008 at 11:11am
Has anyone had a pair of these? Did you looove them?

I have a pair of EGG jeans that I bought, but I've found that I can't wear them. It's something in the positioning of the band - it presses on my stomach (and squishes it in) and makes me feel blah, but if I push the band down the jeans fall down

Anyway - YIM jeans don't have the band, they're like normal jeans and sound just like the ones I have been wearing (my super old, very low-slung, adored cruddy ones!) ... but they're not cheap, so I want to see if anyone knows of any 'tricks' with them!

Thank yoooou!
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
Sponsored Links

peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 11:35am
I had the same problem with my Egg Jeans, they were so cool, but they pressed on my tummy so hard that it hurt!!

Sorry no advice, but I can sympathise!
maysie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 11:46am
what are YIM brand?
I have lived n my PP ones and I also loved the fit of the Max ones, except that I preferred the lycra covering my tummy cause i didnt like my belly hanging out over the top!! I had EGG ones which Ive only worn once cause they kept falling down and I had to wear a belt.

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 11:51am
Thank goodness it's not just me    I really, reeeeally wanted the EGG jeans because the brand was No.9 but poor No.9 doesn't like them at all! I thought they'd get better as I got bigger, but they actually get more uncomfortable. It's probably just my shape, but ack!

I think I'm going to chuck my EGG ones on Trademe ... which seems a waste of money, but better than them sitting in a drawer doing nothing
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 12:10pm
I have to say I love my PP ones ... and at $12.00 a pair I couldnt go wrong! ... Im still wearing them post pregnancy ... I just did the adjustable waist right back in again hehe.
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
KH25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 12:43pm
I had a cheapie pair from JK which I loved! They were low cut under the bump ones (I never got big enough to fit anything that came up over the belly) and they had the elastic stretchy pocket bit and adjustable waist band. But never heard of YIM brand, sorry!
Kelly, mum to DD, 19Jun06 (26wks 1lb15oz) DS1, 24Oct10 (32wks 4lb11oz) and DS2, 31Dec11 (32wks, 4lb11)
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 2:00pm
Sounds like the same sort of theory Kelly ... adjustable waistbands seems to be the way to go. I bought a pair of pants which I can adjust during the day (I'm always bigger in the afternoon) and they're absolute BLISS

Oh, and in case you're curious YIM jeans.
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 2:21pm
Ooo they look good! Where did you get yours from?

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 2:22pm
I only like the ones with a big stretchy lycra band on top - and the two pairs I have are made by me
You might not have the same problem - as it will be getting warmer when your bump is bigger - but I now love to have the band pulled up high - usually wear hipster pants but my tummy kept getting cold as suddenly all my tops were too short

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 2:41pm
Do you mean me lilfatty? They have them at Child in Ponsonby, but they also come with a Ponsonby price tag so I don't have them yet!

*adjusts halo*
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 2:47pm
Sorry Ginger - yes I was asking you

Ahhh ok well at Ponsonby prices ... my one income wont be purchasing any

Lucky I love the "skater PP ones as they were less than what I can pay for a pair of jeans for Issy!

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 2:56pm

Originally posted by lilfatty lilfatty wrote:

Were you planning on purchasing some?  Is there something you'd like to .... announce?

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by MrsMojo MrsMojo wrote:

Originally posted by lilfatty lilfatty wrote:

Were you planning on purchasing some?  Is there something you'd like to .... announce?

Yep ... I still have a tummy the size of a pregnant woman

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 3:11pm

Well that's a boring announcement! 

I have a great idea for what you can use that tummy for *nudge nudge* Issy really wants a sibling, I know cos she messaged me on FB

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 3:13pm
And what Issy wants ... Issy usually gets!

Hehe ... but Im desperate to get back to normal before putting the weight on again. Ive seen too many women just get fatter and fatter with each subsequent pregnancy

But dont worry ... as soon as it happens .. you will be about the fifth to know

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 3:24pm

LOL, I feel honoured! 

I know what you mean too.  This is partly why I'm going so hard out to get back my pre-preggy tone (and it's about time too).  Plus if it takes us a while to work on #2 I have all summer to look decent before I can use the "preggy" excuse.

MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 3:38pm
I bought some yummy mummy ones from Smarty Pants on Williamson Ave, they had heaps of differnent pairs there (some new some 2nd hand), I think I tried on about 6 pairs. The YM ones I got came right up over the top of my bump, which given I carried all through winter was great as I never got that "cold gap" between my jeans and my tops. I also wore them a lot with dresses over them.
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 4:39pm
So what's the price tag huh Ginger?

If you have a fave pair that you don't mind butchering then I am coming up to Auckland soon and potentially have access to a sewing machine so can sew you a stretchy waist band if you'd like?
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 8:10pm
Not blimmin likely am I butchering any of my non-preggy jeans    I'm holding onto the vague and likely useless hope that I'll be able to fit my ass in them post-baby (and I'm not spilling on the price tag either, but in other less budgety bad news - DH and I have managed to shave $80 off our fortnightly grocery shops! Weee!)

We shall definitely hang out though when you come to Aucklandtown I'm looking forward to it!!
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 9:21pm
I brought some YIM jeans last week - so expensive aren't they but they do look really cool initially. I ended up taking them back the next day though because after trying them back on again at home I felt like they constantly slipped down and showed your bum crack! (not a nice look!!!) I found that they looked good when you were just standing still but I didn't think they would be so practical for me bending down to a toddler etc.
They do look awesome though until you have to move too much. They don;t look at all like maternity jeans.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>