FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked70 year old mother

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 70 year old mother
    Posted: 09 December 2008 at 11:05am
An Indian woman has become the world's oldest mother after giving birth to her first child at the age of 70.

Link to full story

Edited by pepsi
Sponsored Links

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 11:22am
I think that sucks!  Lovely for them to have a child but with the current life expectancy that poor child is not going to have any parents in their teen years - yes I know even young people die and leave orphans but these parents can basically guarentee that they won't be around to see their grandkids.
Kellygirl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 11:39am
Crazy! I can't believe that it is her FIRST child!!
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 2:03pm
Wow, I wonder how long she's been TTC for
My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 2:21pm

shocker!!  70?!?

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

Kellygirl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by AzzaNZ AzzaNZ wrote:

HAHA, I was wondering the same thing.
Zina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by MrsMojo MrsMojo wrote:

I think that sucks!  Lovely for them to have a child but with the current life expectancy that poor child is not going to have any parents in their teen years - yes I know even young people die and leave orphans but these parents can basically guarentee that they won't be around to see their grandkids.

I completely agree! I think it is so irresponsible of the Drs to allowed her to do that. The poor child is going to spend most her life looking after her mother and father.
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 2:48pm
Chances are her parents will be dead before she's old enough to look after them.
I know in Indian culture bringing up children is done by more people than just the parents but it's still just wrong!

Originally posted by Article Article wrote:

Although most women have entered the menopause by their early fifties, recent advances in science mean that going through "the change" does not have to bring an end to their years of childbearing.

Gah, too much messing with nature for my liking
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by MrsMojo MrsMojo wrote:

I totally agree

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 7:33pm
Her first!
I think she looks surprisingly young for 70
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 9:22pm

Now that is just crazy

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2008 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by busymum busymum wrote:

Her first!
I think she looks surprisingly young for 70

I agree, she looks no older than 68

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2008 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by AzzaNZ AzzaNZ wrote:

On TV3 news tonight they said they'd been TTC since they got married - 50 years ago

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 1:51pm
OMG, that's perseverance

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 1:57pm
brings a whole new meaning to "good things come to those who wait " huh?

RunningT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RunningT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 7:43pm
They ended up doing IVF.......
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 9:45pm
Omg I feel 70 being pregnant, imagine how old you would feel if you actually were 70 and pregnant?

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 10:35pm
Actually before this couple being crowned the oldest parents I'm sure I read something about a 60 year old woman (on her own) in Italy having twin boys through IVF then around their first birthday she found out she had cancer!!! How messed up is that? Not sure if it was terminal or not?
Its like creating orphans. It doesn't seem fair to bring a life into this world if you can't be sure that you can keep up with your child physically for the first 18 years. Thats my opinion anyway.

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
NeoshasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 2:02pm
gosh!

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
 Post Reply Post Reply