FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYay for car seats!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yay for car seats!!
    Posted: 17 August 2006 at 8:00am
Joey and I were in a car crash yesterday We got rear-ended when I was stopped at a pedestrian crossing on my way home from the zoo yesterday. SOOOOO scary!! Thank god Joey is ok, fully checked out by the Doctor yesterday. I am very sore on my whole left side, don't ask me why! lol, and have been prescribed strong pain killers and am off to the physio today.
The car however had to be towed, aaargh, and we are waiting to hear what happens next. Luckily the guy that crashed in to us was as shaky as I was and admitted it was all his fault and he has insurance as do we. So annoying not having a car now though, grrrrrr. I still have stuff to organise for Joeys birthday!

Anyway very scary experience. The guy must have been going bloody fast! YAY FOR JOEYS CAR SEAT!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 8:03am
oh how scary for you guys. Great the hear you are all ok though. I hate car crashes, Ive been in two and both times my car was written off and neither time was my fault! I wish people were more careful. When will you get your car back?
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 8:06am
We don't know if we will. Might be written off too. And my push chair is still in the boot as I couldn't open it after the crash, aaaaargh!!!

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 8:39am
Oh no - what a rip about the pushchair!!! Hope you get it back really soon, and glad you're both OK (how scary though). 
Andie
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 8:55am
Oooh Ana I'm glad you guys are OK! How scary! Bugger about the pushchair - I guess you really are stuck at home!

I'm glad the guy had insurance tho, that way it won't take too long to sort out hopefully.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 8:56am
I'm glad you're both OK, I had a similar accident before Erin was born, where some dingbat rear ended me at a set of lights - luckily we got it covered by insurance, even though they didn't have any. Also good that you are seeing a physio, the body can still become stressed and injured even in a "small" accident, and the physio will help you recover that much faster.
Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 9:01am
Whew, glad to hear that you guys are okay. Hope you get your wheels back real soon.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 9:04am
Glad to hear you guys are ok... Hope you get your car back (or another one) soon
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 9:22am
OMG....how scary!!!

I know it sucks that your car is gone and the pushchair but I am just glad that both of you are fine!!

I agree Yay for carseats!!!

Take care

nicola86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicola86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 10:22am
Im so glad you guys are ok
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 12:29pm
OMG Ana, that is my worst nightmare! Glad to hear you and Joey are okay - crappy that it happened just before Joey's birthday! Is your nana here yet?
kasbee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kasbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 12:50pm
I know how you feel i felt the same about Ryan and Katelyn's car seats when we had our car crash just go's to show it pays to have a good reliable car seat. Glad to hear you are both ok, what a bugger about the push chair.

Is your car getting assesed by your insurance company? The reason i ask is because if they decide that it can't be fixed make sure you get your pushchair and anything else out of your car or as soon it becomes the insurance company's you can't get anything out of it because it all then belongs to them.
Well that's what we had to do, different insurance company's might have different rules. Hope that makes sense.
Good luck with it all hope things don't take to long.

Edited by kasbee
Kelly, mother to
4 wonderful children.
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 2:10pm
Eeeeek Ana!!! Hope you guys are ok!!!

P.S. Very dark that you didn't tell me you were going to the zoo. I was soooo bored yesterday.
mellybelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellybelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 2:11pm
OMG Glad you are both ok. I'd get that pushchair checked out or replaced with being rear ended & it being in your boot. last thing you want is to find out later the push chair is badly damaged.

Edited by mellybelly
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 3:11pm
OMG glad to hear your both ok chicka!!!
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 3:55pm
Oh dear! Glad you are both okay!

Good luck with getting the car and pushchair sorted out, returned and/or replaced!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
ellabellame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellabellame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 6:06pm
so good you're both ok, i had a similar crash when mikey was only 8 days old and i know how scary it is!!
thanks goodness for car seats indeed!

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 8:52pm
::hugs:: I'm so glad you're both ok!

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 8:53pm
p.s Nikki, we were at the zoo too, not with Ana and Kelly - but saw them there! It's $2 Wednesdays in August, and the zoo was crawling with mums and bubs as the weather was so amazing yesterday!

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 8:56pm
Yeah I completely forgot about it and went to the Kilbirnie playground. Which I have decided is very average and in major need of an upgrade. Will write to council

A friend invited me in the afternoon which was cool but then of course Hannah slept until about 4pm. Grrr.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>