FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPlanner/Jounal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Planner/Jounal
    Posted: 22 June 2011 at 7:42am
Does anyone use one on a daily basis? If so do you find them helpful & are you more organised?

I saw this one, Planner & really like the format. Is there anything more NZ out there like this?

I want to do a daily planner, weekly planner, meal plans, shopping plan, fitness, budget..you name it everything & with a contact section in the back.

I want to be able to slip it in my bag & take it with me...oh & I love writing list
Sponsored Links

shadowfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 9:41am

I just have a diary that I refer to several times a day. I prefer one with times down the side so I can schedule appointments

tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 11:50am
I use my iPhone
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 12:17pm
I have a dairy but i need a better bigger one.
pudgy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pudgy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by tishy tishy wrote:

I use my iPhone

Is there an app you use ? If so which one, please
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by pudgy pudgy wrote:

Originally posted by tishy tishy wrote:

I use my iPhone

Is there an app you use ? If so which one, please

A mixture really:
I use the calendar to schedule babysitting/evenings out with DH .
I use MyFitnessPal for fitness/diet stuff.

ShopShop for shopping list.

The next version of software for iPhone (iOS5) has a task list/calender integrated with it which is great.
It's due to be released in August/September but I have the beta version of this so have it already on my phone.
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 8:49pm
I use spreadsheets and laminated charts. As long as you have a big handbag I'm sure they'll fit.
I'm a lister, charter, planner person, can't live without it.
Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 7:07am
I like writing lists out by hand so don't want to use my phone or do spreadsheets which I do now...more like want to do a book that has everything in it..well of to Borders today so will look around
MrsH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 8:10am
I like writing things by hand too, lists for groceries, lists for things I need to do, lists for things I want to buy in the future, lists for what I need to get done around the house, lists for what I need to to at work.

I recently bought a notebook from Uncle Bills which is smaller than an A5 and it has three tabs so I can split my lists out. LOVE IT.

BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 3:35pm
Oh or try kikki K they have al sorts of good stuff, I want it all!!
Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 5:45pm
I kikki-k. I have been using their diaries for about 5 years now and they are beautiful.

This year I have got one that looks a bit like a filofax. It is a beautiful petrol blue. I have also started a central file for home. There are heaps of free printables on organising sites. I have put in my flylady stuff, weekly planner, monthly calendar, monthly meal planner....

DzinerGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DzinerGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 9:21pm
Ohh is that like a Home Management Binder jaycee? I've seen them mentioned on a lot of american blogs, they seem to be quite popular in the states.

I quite like the idea of having all that sort of info in one place actually.
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 9:41pm
yep - that is it (i couldn't remember the proper name ) I am still getting used to it but the food & meal planning bit I have set up is working well. I have pulled all my bits and pieces of paper and ideas tgether.

amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 11:28pm
what is flylady jaycee?
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 6:58am
Originally posted by amme_eilyk amme_eilyk wrote:

what is flylady jaycee?

she has a website flylady I saw her books at Borders.

Edited by jazzy
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 7:07am
It is a getting a website for trying to get back in control of the mess
It has some helpful info and a rotation system for your rooms, both cleaning and decluttering. I don't do it all the time but when the house is a bomb site I will do it for a while just to get on top of it again.

Did you get a planner jazzy?

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 9:21am
I am also on the hunt for a 'home management journal' hopefully one with ring binders so i can click bills etc in to it. Please someone let me know if you find something lovely...though my choices are limited to whitchulls or paper plus or online.
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 9:28am
I have just bought a binder and made my own as I have never found anything I like that is pre-made.

There are loads of free printables to help. If you want I can put a link or two?

amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 9:41am
that would be great jaycee
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 12:17pm
yes! that would be amazing!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>