FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLight pink spotting and mild cramping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Light pink spotting and mild cramping
    Posted: 04 May 2009 at 11:42pm
Hi All

Im just wondering if anyone has had light pink spotting (very minimal at the mo) AND cramps and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy/bubs. Ive had them both this afternoon and im quite worried about it after last time, the cramps are fairly mild at the moment but last time i miscarried i had minor cramps then woke up at like 3am with extreme cramping.

I honestly had such a good feeling about this pregnancy but this is making me really worried that we are going to lose this wee bean too

Sponsored Links

Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 12:07am
oh bex are you still having spotting....fx crossed that baby is just playing games with you.

Oct 11
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 7:47am
Hi Bex,

Ive had bleeding with all three of my pregnancys. The first I m/c. The second-Caden, I had pink spotting but no cramps, then turned to brown stuff then after 2 weeks went away(had a scan at 6 weeks to see what was going on and tey couldnt tell me, but we saw a heartbeat and Caden was measuring bang on for dates).
This pregnancy, I started spotting, then bleeding at christmas time with cramps, and I was 90% sure on my head that I was going to m/c, so I had a scan, and everything was fine with bubs, but I had a small hemmorrage under the pregnancy sac, after my scan the bleeidng was bright red, then went brown and eventually went away.

Cramps in early pregnancy are normal, but when they have spotting or bleeding with them then you need to go to your MW or Dr because its not normal.

**hugs** hun, I have my fingers crossed that everything is fine and that your bean in just burrowing in and getting nice and comfy.

littlestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 7:59am
Oh hun - its a scarey time.
I got totally freaked out when I had spotting and cramps earlier on (11wks I think) (took my mum out shopping and I have now been banned from lifting her wheelchair- so there go our girly trips as we have to take a boy along now!!)
Bubs was fine but I was a wreak. Call your LMC or GP and get some HCGs or a scan referral.   Get stroppy and demand if you need to - you have a right to know whats going on.
I'm sure everything is just fine but you'll be freaking out.

Edited by littlestar
asicsgal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asicsgal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 8:06am
Big hugs Bex, being pregnant is sooo scary really it's never nice to see spotting or blood or get cramps. It is very common though, there are so many woman on Ohbaby who have had the same and worse with quite big bleeds. I am sure it will work out fine for you and bubs.
Gardengirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gardengirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 8:10am
Bex, I'd see the doctor or MW and get them to organise a scan, especially after last time. Hopefully they will be able to put your mind at rest and it's the little one settling in. Big hugs x
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 8:12am
Thanks ladies for replying, i went and had a set of bloods done yesterday so should hopefully get the results back today, i have another referral form for another set of bloods and a scan at home also. I am a bit weary of going for a scan just yet anyways as i am only just at 6 weeks tomorrow. Last pg the first scan we went for just made things worse because i was actually two weeks behind where i thought i was and there was no baby as such yet just the yolk sack and it caused even more stress, this time round i am pretty certain about my dates but dont really want to go through that again. The cramping has actually stopped now (touch wood) and last time i havent had any bleeding since last night when i went to the toilet so hopefully it was just baby burrowing in a little more or something? I dunno, will wait for these bloods to come back.

CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 8:39am
Fingers crossed for you chick! I did have a bit of spotting at 6 weeks too so you might be right and bubs is just burrowing.

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 8:55am
((hugs)) Bex- this is really scary isn't it?  I had spotting with this one right up to about 10 weeks but it was brown....but quite a lot of it! I also had some hard out cramps about the stage where you are at....they landed me in hospital, I was 100% convinced I was gonna m/c again. But no, was just bubba burying in I guess. I hope your bloods come back ok and it's just bubba scaring you!

Mum_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 8:56am
Hey Bex, Its so hard the 2nd time around after a m/c huh!
My first pregnany i had spotting on and off for about 2 weeks until i realised i was pregnant, went for scan and it wasnt to be.

This pregnancy, i had spotting around 7 weeks i think, was just like like a pinkyness discharge and was just a few spots so was really light, went for our scan a few days after and really thought it was going to be all over but lo there was a tiny bean with a beating heart. Had the same pink discharge around 9 weeks and had another scan and all was fine. Infact on friday i had some more pink discharge and called the midwife who said that she thinks i just have an iratible cervix and just like some people get bleeding gums during pregnancy, that i must get a bleeding cervix not so cool, rather have bleeding gums lol, but can feel bus moving now so is pretty reassuring!

Anyway, hope your bloods turn out well, i think if you have a godd feeling about this preganancy then all will be well! Chin up

Angel baby - May 2008
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 10:53am
Well just got my bloods back and the level was 20123, it has been 6 days since the last set were done which were 3178 and using a calculator it works out my HCGs are doubling around every 51 hours. I am a little worried because this has slowed down a lot, between my first and second set which there was 4 days between they jumped from 137 to 3178 which worked out to be doubling around every 21 hours. Should i be worried they have slowed quite drastically? I will go and get another set done again tomorrow to make sure that everything is still on track.

Still have had a wee bit of bleeding but not as many cramps (touch wood im not jinxing myself) I just wish i wasnt having this worry i want this baby so bad im so scared ill lose it

J B-M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J B-M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 10:57am
Hey bex I know every situation is different, but I had brown spotting from week 5 - week 8 daily, and then I had bleeding three times since then. I still get it now probably weekly - only light pink like you have got, and am 16 weeks and apparently fine.
The doctors keep telling me and my MW that unless there is enough blood to fill a pad and its bright bright red not to stress, like i said every situation is different but it helped and still helps me knowng other poeple have had this too - with good end results :)
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 11:15am
there are a few other explanations too. some people get bleeding and cramping around when AF would be due. my mum had full blown AF untill 5 months preg with me. there is also vanishing twin syndrome or something like that, cant remember if that is the official name but quite alot of pregnancies start of as 2 in the very very early stages but only 1 develops. this causes HCG levels to be normal at the start, then do a bit of a dip before they start doubling again. my doctor wouldnt tell me the numbers of any of my HCG tests cos he said they are such a bad indicator and they actually go up and down during each 24 hour period so if taken at a different time can show totally different results. sorry for the long post, i hear of heaps of people getting upset about HCG results because they dont realise quite how inaccurate they can be, i know its really hard after what you went through last time so big hugs and try and rest as much as you can while you wait to find out whats going on      

Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 11:15am
Hmmm and the cramping is back i have booked in for a scan tomorrow i only hope that my dates are right on so i know i should see something.

J B-M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J B-M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 11:21am
If it helps I had bad cramping as well - which is normal for the time around 4-6 weeks while the baby implants itself and the foetal pole gets made, the scan is the best indicator as even if you are only 4.5 weeks which is what i was when i had my first scan due to the bleeding, you will see if the sack is there or not - they also look around for possible reasons for bleeding. If you just know beforehand you wont see the heart beat as that can often be 7 weeks then you will be fine to just see its all there.
Also agree re the HCG results, they dont double exaclty every two days unless taken right on the same minute as the two days prior.. bad indication.
littlestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 12:54pm
oh hun - still an all round crappy day for you!

I measured 5wks 4days at a scan - so you should be fine - be warned though: they had to do an internal ultrasound, not something I was expecting!!

It might be too early to see a heartbeat though - so don't freak (well as much as you can) when they say its too early to say if its 'viable' (a word I loathe!!) Its just their way of saying its very early and can't see a heartbeat.

Also - your dr would have said something if they weren't happy with the HCG levels. Having one test a few hours earlier in the day than the next one would make a huge difference.

Let me know if you need anything.

Edited by littlestar
freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 1:22pm
Oh bex ya poor thing - must be a stressful time for ya! I wouldn't worry about the HcG results, they seem inline with what is considered normal (i.e. doubling every couple of days), your previous results seems to be going up much faster than you'd expect... I def wouldn't think the fact that it's slowed to doubling is a bad thing... I do hope the cramping and spotting stops as it must be awfully disconcerting for you!
mum to 3 lovely girls :D
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 1:54pm
Thanks Ladies, i actually havent heard anything from the doctors, ive called up myself for the results so far, had a wee bit more spotting today but will hold off and see what happens at the scan if im still having issues then will go see a doctor. Havent seen one yet since the bleeding started since i already had the referral forms.

I really hope it all works out...

SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 3:47pm
I have had a threatened mc with McKayla. Lost her twin but she was totally fine. Just had to be put on progesterone with her. I had bleeding quite badly from 5 to 13 weeks and was on strict bed rest.

My best advice is to go in and let them check your hormone levels and check bubs out.

Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 5:34pm
I think whats frustrating me the most is the waiting now, still getting random cramps and bleeding, bleeding is more of a reddish brown now, got a second set of bloods done today although they dont think ill see much of a difference in a day but all i want to know is that they are still rising, and needed to do something today than just sit here got a scan lined up for tomorrow fingers crossed it all works out fine but i just hate the waiting i would so much rather just know one way or the other.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>