FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYummy Lemon Muffins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yummy Lemon Muffins
    Posted: 28 August 2007 at 4:55pm
I'm on a muffin bender & tried these ones recently & they're very very tasty...

For 12 medium muffins:
2 c self raising flour
3/4 c sugar
75g butter
1 c milk
1 egg
grated rind of 1 large or 2 small lemons
1/4 c lemon juice
1/4 c sugar

Turn the oven to 200oC . Toss the flour & the first measure of sugar together.

Melt the butter, add the milk, egg & rind & beat well with a fork.

Add the liquids to the dry ingredients & fold together until the dry ingedients have been lightly dampened but not thoroughly mixed.

Divide the mixture between well-sprayed muffin pans & bake for 10 mins.

Stir together the lemon juice & second measure of sugar without dissolving the sugar & brush over the hot muffins as soon as they come out of the oven. Leave the muffins to stand in the pans for a few mins in case the syrup hardens as it cools & sticks the muffins to the pans.
Sponsored Links

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 5:12pm
Oh just have to say these are the BEST MUFFINS EVER. I love them. If I bake, it's to bake these muffins. Mmmmm now you've got me tempted.....
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 4:29pm
Thankyou for posting this! I just made some and polished off one, they are SO yummy!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 6:58pm
I make those too and I love them!! You can also use orange juice and rind if you don't have lemon

shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2007 at 8:17pm

I just made them as well, they are so yummy the kids and DH have all pigged out now the left over ones have little notes on them as to who is having them for school/work tomorrow. I guess I'll have to make some more if I want any.
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2007 at 2:03am
I made these today and I just have one word - YUM!!!!
I did wimp out and added a bit of lemon juice in the actual muffins though cause I hate the rind!

buzimumto3boys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzimumto3boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 1:39pm
I love these muffins as well.. its a favourite of the kids.. Pitty we dont have a lemon tree this year as we went through ALOT of lemons last year on these muffins and a lemon cake recipe!!

Mikaela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikaela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 1:20pm
I have to agree, these are divine!! I used orange zest, but lemon juice for the glaze (so really they were 'citrus muffins') and they're just delicious
 Post Reply Post Reply