FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI’m heading back to the dr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I’m heading back to the dr
    Posted: 13 September 2007 at 12:54pm

After reading a post of Glow's and my general feeling at the moment I am going back to get some med's (I think I need to do it with meds this time) and some councilling.

PND- the warning signs & symptoms
*Feeling numb, empty sad & tearful a lot of the time
*Losing interest in the things you used to enjoy
*Difficulty bonding with your baby
*Finding yourself utterly exhausted yet unable to sleep or sleeping to much
*Having no appetite or interest in food. Or overeating
*Being unable to cope: feeling that you have to little time, are doing nothing well are unable to establish a routine
*Extreme mood swings, irritable & angry usually at the father of the baby
*Acute anxiety & feeling "driven", unable to rest while the baby is
*Panic attacks (racing heart, perspiring, feeling of terror)which may come on without warning
*Loosing interest in sex & general loss of confidence & self esteem
*Becoming forgetful & loss of concentration
*A fear of being alone or fear of being with others
*Feeling life is meaningless & having obsessive, negative or morbid thoughts
*Fears of harming others or your baby

All the blues are me at the moment. It doesn't help that the father of my children has also been diagnosed with depression as well.

I am sure mine is more that just PND this time. I have bonded really well with Josh (so much better than Andrew) but I think that some of the things my children's father has recently done have hurt me a lot and some things that he has told me I need to work on (abuse from my childhood is one of them). I tried to get a dr's appointment for today with dr I trust but they were fully booked so tomorrow I am heading there hopefully to get some meds and some councilling and in general some help.

ETA: opps missed coloured one of them.

Edited by mummy_becks
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Sponsored Links

Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 1:06pm

I "kinda know" what you are going through, but at the same time i dont

Victim support are great people to help with all sorts of stuff- we are all victims of something
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

AndysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 1:11pm
oh Becks you poor thing you. You are such a beautiful person and such a loving mother. I have really enjoyed getting to know you. I'm going to come give you a hug today so you know you are not alone and that I'm here for you to talk to when ever you need me.
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 1:13pm
You may find that getting it all out and talking with the dr might make you feel a little better. sometimes it all just seems to much at once and your head starts spinning. Either way good on you for realising you need to take action, thats the first step
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 1:16pm
Good on you Becks, perhaps if you can get counselling you might also get some sessions together? Maybe that may help too?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 1:20pm

I'm going to look at getting some together, but he has to be willing to do that first.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that my parents have just moved overseas and I don't have that big support anymore - even thou my dad keeps telling me its only a 4 hour plane trip to see them. And my boy's grandparents aren't exactly the most helpful people.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 3:00pm
aww sweetie, I'm so sad for you that you are going through this. Pleased you are getting some help. Big hugs xxx
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 8:17pm
Big hugs Becks, looking forward to dinner - I'm sure Kellz and I can relate to some of the things you are feeling. Good luck with the doctor.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 10:50pm

Aw hun, huge hugs to you.  It's not your fault, it's another case of bad things happening to a good person.  And you ARE a good person and a wonderful mother (and treasured member of our coffee group).  Good on you for being brave and heading off to the Doc.  I hope the appointment goes well and you feel like you've been heard. 

Andie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2007 at 5:06pm

The appointment went really well. He totally understood and gave me a script for Fluox (green and purple pills - and all I had going through my head was D12's purple pills song ). He also told me giving up studying at the moment is a good idea so he wrote a letter for Massey so I can submit a fee appeal for my fees. And then sent me away to get a blood test so we can sort out a Mirena for me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2007 at 5:29pm
mirena?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2007 at 5:45pm

Originally posted by AndysMummy AndysMummy wrote:

mirena?

IUD its a hormone one costs a fortune but is wonderful.

I forgot to add, thatnks to Laura for watching Josh while I went in and saw the dr.

I almost burst into tears when I got the script and they told me that they didn't have the full amount for me (only 5 I had to go back and get the other 85).

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2007 at 5:59pm
Awww, sounds like leaving the studying for later will be a big relief.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2007 at 7:22pm
Oh no Becks! You should've said something. I kinda thought you went a bit quiet. Had hoped we could've gone out for lunch but you kinda scurried away :( Andy and I went on our own as I didn't want to go home :(

I also think leaving Massey is a great decision . I hope the meds help make you feel a bit happier.
lots of love xxx
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2007 at 12:43am

Just showing that i care
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2007 at 4:38pm
sending you lots of on this poxy cold Tuesday.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2007 at 9:43pm

Well I went back to my dr and he thinks my Iron levels aren't helping the cause. He used real words with me (including when you feel like sh*t ) which was great and so i'm taking so super strong iron tablets (which I hate) and i'm on Iron jabs (which aren't that bad, my butt just hurts a little) and that will hopefully help me out as well. I've been on the meds for 10 days now and they are starting to work (which is great).

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2007 at 9:03am
Glad the meds are working. It usually takes a good 3 weeks for them to kick in properly, so hopefully you feel better still, very soon! I should get my iron checked again,...its always pretty low but I hate taking the tabs. Didnt think about it affecting my mood.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 8:13pm

Well 4 weeks on and I feel a lot better, but still not 100%. I have just finished my iron jabs and they didn't such a good job with helping me up my iron levels. Only problem with them is that the more often you have them the more sensitive you become to them.

Last week was a mission but hey I got through it and it shows me that I can cope I just need to find my way of coping - usually by ways of not doing any washing for a few days and then doing it all at once .

There is still a long way to go but i'm getting there.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 8:16pm
Glad things have gotten better Becks. lotsa
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>