FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 07 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 802>
Author
sunnyhoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 10:02am
Congratulations!!! Another october girl

We are doing alright so far. DH went back to work today so am feeling a little lost. But I'm out of bed and doing a few light tasks so it can't be all that bad. Joy is behaving herself so far too which helps a lot. Yesterday she started a feeding schedule of every two hours which was quite tough on me sleepwise. Must have been a mini growth spurt or something. I have upped her intake of EBM to around 110-125ml every 3-4 hours and she seems to have settled into our routine again.
Mum to:
Joy Emily 1.05am 27/09/07 7lb 3oz
Austin Paul 12.47pm 18/04/10 10lb 8oz
Sponsored Links

EllenMumof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 2:21pm

woohoo another girl baby congrats hopefully we will get some boy babys soon

We are doing well Jessica is such a angel and so far a easy baby (touches wood)  but as my mum said she is number 3 baby so she has to be lol. feeds every 3 hours during the day and up twice at night so have been lucky. She is on the bottle now my milk didn't come in and i started geting some of the feelings i did with madison (PND long story) So midwife and me thought it was best to put her on the bottle. we had midwife today and she is really happy with her even throw she wet her when she was weighing her lol thats the second time jessicas done that and she now weighs 7lb 11oz

Can't wait for some more babys  to born and the twins

Edited by EllenMumof2

Kalem 6!
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 12:24pm
Congrats all the October mums!!

Rex is doing really well. We seem to have a 'sort of' routine in place, he wakes, I feed him, change him, feed him and put him back to bed....ahhhh its a baby's life!!!

I'm getting up between 2-3 times during the night to feed...which isn't too bad.

My biggest hurdle was to get Rex to sleep in his cot. He loves his hammock but hated his cot. I now put a warm wheat pack against him when he sleeps in his cot and he seems to love it

A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 12:33pm
hey nikki - glad to hear that Rex is being a good baby - here's hoping we all get ones like that!
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 3:08pm
sounds like your doing great nikki i have hearld hammocks are great my sister in law swears by them she has one for the lounge and her room for my nephews

Kalem 6!
KateW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KateW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 3:59pm
2 more days Ellen and I can join in, with you!

How are the beautiful october babies going?
~Our miracle IVF babies~

NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 5:07pm
Thanks Ellen, what a huge learning curve
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 6:33pm
What drama's we've had!
Yesterday my midwife weighed Joy and thought that she was yet again below her birth weight ..so off we went to get a urine test in case there was an infection (poor Bubba) and then off to the paediatrician today only to have her weighed again to find that she is at 3.44kgs! She gained!!! We thought it strange her losing weight when she seemed chubbier than last week. What a relief!
Mum to:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 9:34pm

It is huge learning curve nikki i still learning and im on number 3  babies are all so different.

sunnyhoney silly midwife how was she weighing her? i went though tre same thing with my son and with both my girls i have made sure the weigh them on the same scales if possible.

Kalem 6!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 2:06pm
She has a portable weighing contraption/harness thingy. I will definitely be getting her to weigh a second time next time. Poor Joy, those urine tests are not nice. Such a lot of stress for nothing but I'm glad Joy is ok.

I'm surprised to see you say you are still learning Ellen. I would have thought a mum of three would have it all sorted. Every baby is different though aren't they. You would have to adjust to each child differently too.
Being a mum is such a harder job than I thought it would be. It always looked so easy!! I'm sure we are all doing a great job and such beautiful bubba's as a reward!
Mum to:
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 2:54pm
Oh how exciting October mummies. Can't wait to see all the pics of new bubbas, makes me want to TTC#2 lol

NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 2:54pm
Being a mum is certainly a lot harder than I thought too! But like you said, Sunnyhoney, it is so worth it.

What weight was Joy when she was born? Rex was a healthy 3775g.
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
BabyOnBoard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyOnBoard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 6:14pm
I can so relate to that! I thought the biggest problems where sleep deprivation and maybe a few latching problems! But I end up with mastitis and raw nipples. Wish someone had told me about cluster feeding - Arabella didn't sleep for the first 2 days and nights she just feed non stop!
It's amazing how fast they grow! Midwife weighed her at 7lb 15 yesterday and her birth weight was 7lb 5oz. . . I can really tell the differance.
Glad everything worked out ok with Joy Sunnyhoney!!
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2007 at 11:54am
I'm so proud of myself, I have survived a weekend on my own My DH has been away for two nights and is due back soon!!! I managed to cope well on my own Mind you, I did have my mum around for most of yesterday and then my brother and SIL around for dinner last night, so I wasn't completely on my own.

I need a jolly good sleep though, but I think thats just the joys of having a baby

Good to hear your baby has put on heaps of weight BabyOnBoard. I'm not sure what Rex weights now, haven't seen midwife since Wednesday.

Its certainly a painful experience having raw nipples. I've got one nipple that was inverted and its very raw....does anyone have any handy hints of how ease the pain?
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2007 at 6:30pm
Icepacks/cold cabbage leaves (but no more than 20mins on as can slow milk supply) and Purelan for the nipples. Mine are quite dry and I find it is very soothing.

Joy was 3190gms when she was born. She lost a whole pound in hospital but is now back up to 3440gms
Mum to:
BabyOnBoard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyOnBoard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 3:39pm
I had a wheatie bag in hospital and that was nice. . But think that was more for the mastitis. Purelan is great!! And I heard that sun is good too but not too much
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 5:35pm
Sun...what is that??? hehehe I'm so sick of this awful weather we are having!!!

I might have to buy some Purelan...thanks for the advise ladies
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2007 at 2:17pm
Had midwife appointment yesterday, Rex is now a whooping 8lb 11oz!!!! He's put on 11oz in a week!!! I'm so pleased with this growth as it explains all the feeding Rex has been wanting to do and means that my milk is good

Poor Rex has a cold at the moment though, we had a pretty unsettled night last night.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I see from the Pregnancy forum that we've got a few more new mums who will be joining us soon
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2007 at 3:47pm
****NEWSFLASH***

kabe is now a Mum!!!

Her text as follows:

"Baby Eva finally arrived at 11.58am today, weighing 3325 grams. Both r well, but I am stuffed"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 11:26am
Woohoo!! Yay. Congratulations Kabe & welcome to Eva.
Mum to:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 802>