FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNovember 2007 Mummies!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 305306307308309 313>
Author
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2010 at 10:17am
No new job yet just busy doing other stuff and watching hehe I've signed the contract and done the pre-employment blood tests and the results should be back now, hurry up, I wanna start!!! Its working on the cancer ward at Starship, my old ward at Waikato did that too (as well as other stuff) and it's where I would of wanted to end up if I had stayed at Starship.

Sponsored Links

DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2010 at 11:28am
Oooh exciting Porce! How many hours will you be doing?
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2010 at 8:04pm
Yay Porce, so glad to hear you'll be working where you wanted to Would be a sad place to work? Must be a fair drive for you to get to and from work?

Hope you get a project to keep the mind busy soon Deb.

How's that website coming along Nic?

Ev, Mum to:
Carys Ruby - 4 October 2007
Spencer James - 2 July 2010
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2010 at 8:30am
It's getting there Ev. Have had a few probs getting the store up and running, but think we are getting it sorted now. Hopefully it will go live in a couple weeks.

How are you? How are Carys and Spencer doing??
Nicky, Mum to Alex (5) & Sophie (3)
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2010 at 11:15am
So do you have an actual store or just all from home?

Carys is good - not too many accidents anymore, but she has reverted to using the potty a lot rather than the loo when we are home. No major, I'm happy to go with the flow again (no pun intended)

Spence is alright. He has reflux and is a much harder baby than Carys ever was. Now that he is on Gaviscon we are getting lots of smiles and chuckles again tho which is lovely. Got Plunket this week, will be interesting to see if he has put on any weight - I am thinking not given how little he drinks and how much he spews

Just had the beefy man come and take one of our girls - yay, the freezer will be full of yummy meat again!
Ev, Mum to:
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2010 at 1:59pm
Very stink that S has reflux Ev - poos to that. It's good to hear the gaviscon is working - at least you know the diagnosis is right.

Glorious day here for the first day of spring! My first daffodil is almost out too!

Good to hear that Miss C is getting over her toilet regression. A is doing well I think - probably about one accident per week now. I love not changing her poos! After a week away with a 4.5yr old she has also ditched the toilet insert and the chair to help her get onto the loo
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2010 at 12:34pm
YAY for our girls doing so well on the loo!! Soph uses the toilet everywhere but downstairs at home. She will the toilet upstairs in my ensuite, at nanas, grandmas, kindy, friends, in town EVERYWHERE else, but at home downstairs she uses her potty I tried putting the potty away in the spare room, but she just went in there and used it Stubborn girl!!

Ev, I'm sorry to hear S has reflux. My neighbours son had sevre reflux, so I know how awful it is. But great the gaviscon is helping!! If it gets too bad, there is a special reflux formula you can get - that was the only thing that helped my neighbours son.

Re the nappy business - it's all based at home. One day I would love to have a store, but need to be well established and making some money first!! I've had my first nappy party booking, so thats great - i just really need to spread the word about it, which is mainly by word of mouth. When we get back from Melbourne I'm going to start doing the local sat morning markets, which should be some good exposure!!

DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2010 at 4:29pm
Just posting something to get us back on the page!
NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2010 at 5:17pm
yeah tis pretty quiet here these days.

crappy day here today ,,thank goodness we have a dryer otherwise my washing would never get dry.

off to WW this evening I am pretty sure I have lost :)

DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2010 at 1:00pm
Saw your weightloss on fb Jasmine! Well done you!

We've got a busy weekend planned - including going to see the Gruffalo play tomorrow. Apparently A was telling the kindy teachers about it - nice to see she is excited!

Edited by DJ
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2010 at 2:24pm
I'm checking in lol ... boss isn't back til Mon from holiday, still no start date, getting very annoying!

Have been let out of the house a little bit, been to a few parties (yay, I am me not so-and-sos mummy haha!) and being a little bit social Starting work will make me feel more social too which is good.
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2010 at 5:30pm
Hey P!! YAY for me time!! Hope you are all good chic - must catch up again soon!!
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2010 at 8:52pm
Hi all.

How was the play Deb? Did A sit through it well and enjoy it?

Hope you hear about work soon Porce. OMG I've just realised that when you reach your goal weight, you will have lost HALF of my entire weight Wicked!

Sorry I'm too pooped to go into FB and check Jas, but it sounds like you've done a fab job at your loss too Good stuff ladies!

Had our first family pics taken today Thinking we are too poor to get the lot so may just take our $10 family photo and do some professional looking photos of the kids ourselves. She did take one very sweet one of Spence tho ... DH is going to have to be good to compete

Father's day tomorrow - what does everyone have planned? I've (well the cubs) got DH the tee off 1day which says 'Ask your Mum', a box of choccy macadamias (his fav nut) and a 1 metre long box of licorice allsorts (bluergh, but he loves them) - hope he likes it all. Gonna give him a sleep in tomorrow and then head out to both of our parents houses in the avo to see our own dads.
Ev, Mum to:
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2010 at 8:55pm
Does anyone know if Ang is okay?? I hate earthquakes!
Ev, Mum to:
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2010 at 11:21am
Yep she said she was fine in her FB status updates.

DH bought a book by his favourite author but I saw a dog-tag type necklace in the warehouse that says "MY DAD MY HERO" so got him that from the kids. Got one for my dad too, dunno if he would wear it but oh well. Down from $50 to $20! Score!

Got DH maccas for brekkie and Ruby and DH have gone to Thames to see his dad. So quiet day here with AJ
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2010 at 2:00pm
Hope everyone had a nice Father's Day. My Dad forgot my birthday, so he just got a phone call this year!
A made DP a book mark at kindy that says "I thank God for giving me a special dad" teeheee hee, DP didn't quite know what to make of that!

The play was good thanks Ev. A was enthralled, and even N quite like it. A liked the seats quite a bit too - they were the kind that close when you get up... She has been talking about it lots since.

How is Spencer going now? A playgroup Mum also has a reflux babe about the same age and I can see it is wearing her down - she is normally completely calm and serene, but looks exhausted and frazzled now.

Crappy stormy day here - I want some nice weather so I can get my vege garden organised.
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 3:40pm
LOL - I bet the seats have been talked about more than the play Deb!!

porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 4:06pm
I start my job next week ... except I thought they might get me to do one week of orientation but no they want 2 weeks of 5 days worth Shane is working 3 of those days next week and 2 the other week. Which means either asking mother in law to take the kids those days or getting my friend to look after them (but my friend will work out at about $11/hr)

I guess once those 2 weeks are over it'll be sweet but still I don't like to impose
NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 9:40pm
all the best with the new job Porce.

managed to go for a nice long walk today did threaten to rain but managed to hold off.

have had to put in a claim for our camera got water damage to it..hopefully wont take too long. I want to take photos again :)

porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 10:24am
We decided on my friend for childcare, when Ruby turns 3 I'll put her with her for some free hours anyway, this can be a trial run Plus I'd miss AJ if he wasn't here at night.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 305306307308309 313>